Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 20, 2024, 06:57:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228473 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R in your highschool yearbook
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R in your highschool yearbook  (Read 11844 times)
RichardNixon
« on: August 01, 2004, 03:43:45 AM »

Anyone put a GN'R quote in their highschool year book? In my book, next to my pic, it says "Funny how everything was roses when we held onto the guns, just because your winnin' don't mean your the lucky ones" W. Axl Rose.

Also, in the class photo I'm sportin' my GN'R shirt.

Also, on a related note; When I was a senior in highschool, I was in this English class where you had to bring in a picture of the thing that was most important to you. All of the pictures would then be pinned up on a board. Some people brought in photos of their families, pets, religous stuff...I brought in a pic of Axl Rose. When the whole class was in a big circle, I proudly said "I brought in this pic of Axl Rose because he is my hero and if I could be like anyone, I'd like to be like Axl." I was 17, what did I know? Roll Eyes

So in my Engish class, among 100 plus pictures, there was a pic of Axl Rose. Those were the days...being a gownup sucks no hihi
« Last Edit: August 01, 2004, 03:46:12 AM by RichardNixon » Logged
anythinggoes
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2004, 05:29:59 AM »

In my folder for year 12 id sketched out a large picture of the Pretty Tied Up logo and underneath i wrote "The Perils Of Rock And Roll Decadence" seemed cool at the time but i was 17 and it was 1996
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2004, 08:46:45 AM »

Last year for my 11th grade computer arts class in the beginning of the year we had to do a project where we had to type up a poem or lyrics and put pictures related to it around it so i drew axl singing, slash playing guitar, roses and guns all around the live and let die lyrics..

and at the end of that same year we had to make something like an idea for a cartoon show and we had to draw 3 characters, one main character and 2 villains.. i drew the main character wearing a guns n roses t-shirt..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2004, 11:29:58 AM »

Oh yes! I have a funny and weird story about this.....in the background of my page I had the GNR logo and the pictures of the Spaghetti Incident, and guess what? I was told to change it...but here?s the best part,they took me to talk to a priest because I guess they thought I was promoting rebellion or satanic stuff.  rofl rofl rofl

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 11:35:08 AM »

"Axl Rose's Stalker" I think it was.

KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2004, 01:53:12 PM »

I put "Get In The Ring"

at the end of my quote

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
mega_music
VIP

Chinese Democracy Is Coming Some Day!!!

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 05:15:05 AM »

A girl I had a crush on I wrote in her yearbook this lyric
If we could take the time
to lay it on the line
I could rest my head
Just knowin' that you were mine
All mine
So if you want to love me
then darlin' don't refrain
Or I'll just end up walkin'
In the cold November rain

Regardless to say she never got it. She is now married with 2 kids and its only been 5 years since I graduated so Im lucky she didnt act on the quote.

I also have a few pics in my year book of a Guns reference to me. I used to take a blow up doll to every high school event football games, some after game dances, and etc. I gave the blowup doll the name "Rose". She would always have on the Coma concert T. We got our photo in the yearbook and the caption says Axl and Rose dancing the night away. I think Rose was one of the girls every guy wanted. LOL sadly to say "Rose" was put to rest after graduation.

Chinese Democracy is Coming Someday
-Trevor-
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2004, 09:41:35 AM »

After reading this thread..... I am affraid.

By the way, I think the FBI is building files on all of you right now. The kid with the blow up doll was probably just raised to their serial killer watch.
axlrosegnr
I have a custom title now!
Legend

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2004, 10:27:29 AM »

In my Yearbook, I wore my Gn'R shirt in my class pic, and I was on the Student Council, so we had to pick a prom song, so November Rain was our song, and We had to take stanardized tests to graduate, and in out written test, we had to write an essay about who we felt the most inspirational person in our life was, so of cousre I wrote about Axl. (BTW, i got a perfect score on that test Smiley)

Axl is God.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2004, 04:56:31 PM »

Well I played TSI at an End of the year school party. You can imagine everyone's shock when hearing "New Rose" right after the calm "Since I don't have you". Heads were bangin' dudes!!!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2004, 07:13:24 PM »

The only GN'R school related story I have is one of my 7th grade years we were asked to write a poem or bring in song lyrics and I brought November Rain and got an A with GN'R
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2004, 07:16:03 PM »

lol, thats cool chineseillusions. Im gonna be a senior in high school and im thinking about using those lyrics from "Breakdown"  "Funny how everything was roses when we held onto the guns, just because your winnin' don't mean your the lucky ones"  thats really good

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2004, 07:33:38 PM »

lol, thats cool chineseillusions. Im gonna be a senior in high school and im thinking about using those lyrics from "Breakdown"? "Funny how everything was roses when we held onto the guns, just because your winnin' don't mean your the lucky ones"? thats really good

That would be cool aot of people seem to like to use the breakdown lyrics I guess because those lyrics are so true for that time in life and they probably will be true for the rest of everyone's life

I just thought of somthing:Anyone ever attaked a school papper with the rant from Get In The Ring I would die laughing if anyone ever did.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 07:35:10 PM by chineseillusions » Logged
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2004, 10:24:52 PM »

Right under my senior pic, my quote was,
"Axl Rose & GN'R will live on forever....."
I also noticed the other day there was a girl RIGHT UNDERNEATH me with a november rain quote on the same page.
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2004, 10:45:00 PM »

What lyrics did she use
grog mug
Legend

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2004, 10:55:21 PM »

Nothing last forever, even cold november rain....
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2004, 05:47:33 AM »

no I don't have GN'R in my highschool yearbook, cos we don't have yearbooks and stuff here.
what we do around graduation time is walk around shitfaced, wearing jumpsuits and calling ourselves Russ for 2 weeks... hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2004, 08:18:33 AM »

damn i would like to use some lyrics from November Rain but if i did it would be directed to a girl, but right now THE girl i like i am friends with and she likes someone else....  Cry.   

By the way, i have read from various sources that axl claims November Rain is about unrequited love. i dont understand that, "when i look into your eyes, i can see a love restrained, but darlin' when i hold you don't you know i feel the same" isnt the feeling mutual there? can someone explain this to me? im a little dense lol thanx

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2004, 08:44:57 AM »

Right under my senior pic, my quote was,
"Axl Rose & GN'R will live on forever....."
I also noticed the other day there was a girl RIGHT UNDERNEATH me with a november rain quote on the same page.
"Nothing last forever, even cold november rain...."

How moving! rofl
canadian fan
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2004, 09:31:12 PM »

in grade 12 at the christmas assembly, me and some of my buddies had the idea to do a gnr airband so we got drunk be4 school and came on stage straight from the parking lot to do the live version of knockin on heavens door.  theres four or five pictures of me dressed up as axl scattered throughout the whole yearbook
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: