Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:30:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Chinese Democracy Rumors
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Chinese Democracy Rumors  (Read 5700 times)
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« on: July 30, 2004, 08:38:23 PM »

I've recently become a GN'R fan since the Greatest Hits album came out, and I was wondering about the rumor of the CD release.  Have their been a lot of rumors in the past about a release date?  I mean...like a year ago was there a rumor that it would come out at the beginning of 2004?  Have the rumors been as big as the ones we hear now?  Thanks

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
Andrew
Ewok
VIP

Art Student

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 08:43:09 PM »

Anyone wanna explain this one?  Grin
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 08:48:01 PM »

Have their been a lot of rumors in the past about a release date?

Yes.

I mean...like a year ago was there a rumor that it would come out at the beginning of 2004?

Yes.

Have the rumors been as big as the ones we hear now?

Yes.
K-Rock
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 08:48:19 PM »

Anyone wanna explain this one?? Grin

Certainly........

I've recently become a GN'R fan since the Greatest Hits album came out, and I was wondering about the rumor of the CD release.? Have their been a lot of rumors in the past about a release date?? I mean...like a year ago was there a rumor that it would come out at the beginning of 2004?? Have the rumors been as big as the ones we hear now?? Thanks

Why yes new Gunner......that would be the 473rd rumor since 2001.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 08:48:24 PM »

Rumors have come and gone since 1996, when Duff said an album would be out in Spring 1997, but there have only been 2 instances to my knowledge where there was a real strong indication that Chinese Democracy was close to being released. The first was following the band's reemergence in 2002, where record chains had the album listed as being released on December 3, 2002. Apprently, some chains even had ads for it in their promo flyers that week! The second instance is now, where we heard rumors about Nov. early in the summer from some message boards, only to be announced on Vh1, which got the info from Geffen and Management. Management denies the date as of now, but with an *apparent* European tour being booked, it is getting harder to deny something is up. People have pointed at statements from band members and Axl in all other years as evidence that the album was just around the corner, but in all those instances, there was never a concrete date stated by  said members, just guestimates ('soon', 'the end of the year,' etc.) . So, to the best of my knowledge, this one and the 02 one have been the most accurate-sounding.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 08:56:03 PM by NickNasty » Logged

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 08:48:52 PM »

i've been a gnr fan for a couple of years but only waiting up for cd this year for a couple of months.. and only since maybe last january i've seen way too many rumours for me to keep count of..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 09:04:24 PM »

There's a new album? Since when? Crazy rumours.

TIPSY
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 09:10:25 PM »

I've recently become a GN'R fan since the Greatest Hits album came out, and I was wondering about the rumor of the CD release.? Have their been a lot of rumors in the past about a release date?? I mean...like a year ago was there a rumor that it would come out at the beginning of 2004?? Have the rumors been as big as the ones we hear now?? Thanks

Damn,

ok to you for (1) admitting you actually bought GH and (2) for admitting you recently became a GN'R fan.
With that said, welcome aboard, buckle your seatbelt, and keep your hands and arms inside because you are about to depart into a galaxy unlike no man has gone before..

the world of guns n' fuckin' roses bbbbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbbbbyyyyyyyyyy Grin
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2004, 09:17:00 PM »

Yes, the world of GN'R is pretty crazy.

i've been a gnr fan for a couple of years but only waiting up for cd this year for a couple of months.. and only since maybe last january i've seen way too many rumours for me to keep count of..

Yeah, there have been a lot of rumors of it coming out but not many realistic ones. I mean last December some anonymous person came on and said something about a March 2004 release and it never happened.

Rumors have come and gone since 1996, when Duff said an album would be out in Spring 1997, but there have only been 2 instances to my knowledge where there was a real strong indication that Chinese Democracy was close to being released.

I coulden't agree more.
estranged.1098
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2004, 09:23:58 PM »

Have the rumors been as big as the ones we hear now?  Thanks

Like others already mentioned, this is the first time a big media channel (VH1) announced a release target for the album.
BaDoBsEsSiOn418
Rocker

Yowza!

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2004, 09:43:03 PM »

Damn,

ok to you for (1) admitting you actually bought GH and (2) for admitting you recently became a GN'R fan.

Well, if Greatest Hits never came out, I probably would have not became a GN'R fan.   

Thanx everyone for the info.  So I guess getting excited about the November rumors would be foolish?

Why's everybody so obsessed with the album?  Can't you just be happy that Axl gets to hang out with rich fashion designers? -MotherGooseLuvR
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2004, 09:46:54 PM »

This one won?t suffer

Welcome board
 smoking

Krispy Kreme
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2004, 10:42:06 PM »

hihi rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl hihi peace Grin
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2004, 11:53:18 PM »

rofl

oh dude, waiting for this album is a literal hell. but the wait should soon end...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
FragileVision
Opening Act

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2004, 12:29:17 AM »

Yeah, the wait is pretty damn excruciating. But I'm totally confident that we'll all be rewarded for our "patience" so to speak, when the album finally is released.

Welcome to the board!

I tried to see it your way...
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2004, 04:35:01 AM »

There have been to many rumors to count but welcome to the board to.

EEEERRRR Little boy
Crowebar
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2004, 04:54:47 AM »

quote author=TiedHands link=topic=14154.msg248065#msg248065 date=1091245998]

but the wait should soon end...

Yeah, right.....

Roll Eyes
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2004, 07:47:38 AM »

Always glad to have new fans, welcome. My advice to you is check out the message boards, for info and hang on its a ruff ride but its worth it.
Again welcome!! You can send me a message if you have any questions.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2004, 08:59:46 AM »

The Gratest Hits release proved to be a good thing after all. Look,it brought more people into GNR.

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2004, 10:36:51 AM »

The Gratest Hits release proved to be a good thing after all. Look,it brought more people into GNR.

perhaps that was geffen's plan? get more people into gnr early in the year and later that year force a CD release? i dunno.. could be possible.  peace

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: