Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 07:53:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  News from tommy's show...
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: News from tommy's show...  (Read 3733 times)
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« on: July 30, 2004, 03:09:34 AM »

I don't want to reveal too much... but let's just say it was an amazing time tonight. i got to meet richard fortus and tommy. they were amazing. richard especially was cool.

tidbits: both richard and tommy expect to be on tour with axl in january (this was heard second hand, but by a reliable source... not that it will defintely happen, but that is currently the plan)

second, richard attended buckethead's concert in the city the other week. he was tight lipped about axl's relationship with bucket. but he said he was friends with bucket still.

that's all for now... i heard more but those were the most interesting pearls of wisdom. i will be more lucid tomorrow when i am less drunk and less tired. tommy, thanks for an amazing party!! you rock!

now you know me better
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2004, 03:30:19 AM »

sweet as!!! ok

post booster Tongue

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2004, 03:36:20 AM »

tidbits: both richard and tommy expect to be on tour with axl in january (this was heard second hand, but by a reliable source... not that it will defintely happen, but that is currently the plan)

Well...any normal band would probably start a tour for an album two months after it came out, or sooner. So if the album comes out, say, November 24th, as has been the rumor since 1965, January would be a month after. Sounds perfectly NORMAL. So, it's totally out of the question.
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 05:19:01 AM »

I would only hope that they do some shows outside of the tour. Like some warm-up gigs before a single is released.
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2004, 07:50:08 AM »

From what I can put together (and keep in mind, this is just me making mental, logical leaps), I think it's possible that, since Tommy is planning some Euro dates after the US dates (according to Mysteron), I wouldn't be entirely surprised if he "met up" with GnR once those dates were finished for the long rumored GnR Euro tour.

Sounds logical, at least.  Wonder if that's "the plan"...

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2004, 09:32:04 AM »

Yeah but it would mean Tommy is basically going to tour non-stop until...? I would  have guessed he would take like a month break between his solo stuff and GN'R.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2004, 10:28:13 AM »

AxlGunner....
How long was the set? And did he play all of his new songs from the album? Also when did he and Fortus interact with the crowd? Can you walk right up to them? Does the whole audience try to talk to them? Shed some light on that for me. Also can you take pictures with them? Thanks I appreciate it

Im going to be seeing him in 2 weeks here in NJ. I think FOrtus will be there because it says "special guests". I cant wait.....

As for Bucket. Ive been saying since day 1 Bucket will be back with the boys when the bell rings.  Wink

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2004, 10:45:57 AM »

Will,
   Yeah, that's true.  Wouldn't surprise me though. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2004, 12:08:45 PM »

YG- let me try to answer a few of those questions.

The set was quite long- almost 2 hours. There was a band before them (called Go Station) that was surprisingly decent. More mainstream poppish rock, but good. The bar they were playing in had a main floor and a basement, which is where they performed. You could walk right up to the stage, which was only raised about a foot, so essentially you were standing right next to them. People were taking photos of them throughout the show, they were cool with it.

I got a front row spot and was watching Tommy set up, when all of a sudden Richard was standing right next to me talking to another dude (who later turned out to be named Frank and was the drummer- he used to be in Love Spit Love- the other bassist was also from love spit love I believe. It was like a reunion, which was cool). Richard hung out there for a few songs while Tommy played solo acoustic stuff, mostly from his new album.

After a few songs Tommy called Richard up to play with him. Tommy referred to Richard as "his best friend in the whole world", which was cool. Fortus stole some of Tommy's drink that he had onstage, which they joked about. They then played a few more songs, I think mostly from the album (i have to admit i havent listened to it yet). Then Stinson grabbed his electric guitar and the drummer and bass player walked up for the "rock" portion of the show (which was like the last hour). It was very good- fortus is a very good player. After it ended they were packing up when chants of an encore began, so stinson grabbed his guitar and played a (seemingly) impromptu encore by himself while the rest of the band kept packing up.

Ok, so that's it for the concert. It was very good. Let me move on to what happened after the concert. I met this guy who was like the biggest psychedelic furs/love spit love/ replacements fan in the world. He was a cool guy. He knew all the guys who had just played cuz he goes to all their shows, so he was able to talk to them and he was basically friends with them through that. It's important to note that he was not a guns n roses fan at all- he basically spent the whole night trying to tell me how awesome the furs and replacements were. So after talking to him for a while he was like "yea, tommy and fortus have been real busy lately, theyre trying to squeeze tours in before january because that's when axl wants them back. " at this point my jaw hit the floor, cuz we hadnt discussed gnr much at all. so i played it cool and was like "really? but its axl, he says january now but it will probably be moved back." he was like, well i dunno, but both fortus and stinson have told me that he wants them in january.

later on in the conversation he also mentioned how axl has these guys under lock and key not to talk. they are completely beholden to what he says. when i asked why they do that, he responded "its axl. he's either a genius or he's crazy. the guys say they love him though. but do you know how much he's paying them for this? it's a lot." he really emphasized how much axl is paying them. didnt say exactly how much though.

anyway, then i went outside where the guys were all standing and talking to eachother and figuring out where they were gonna go next. I used that opportunity to get stinson and fortus's autograph. tommy was busy talking to a girl so i didnt want to bother him too much- i only had a piece of paper to sign so i gave it to him with my wallet to use to write on (thats all i had) but he signed my wallet instead and said "here you go". it was funny (but now i need a new wallet!). fortus was cool and i actually talked to him for a bit. I told him how i thought he was awesome and he was one of my favorites and that he rocked when i saw him at the Garden. he was very appreciative and kept thanking me for the compliments. Then i asked him what he's been up to lately, and he said he's gonna go on tour with BT in a couple weeks. (YG- check the BT schedule cuz if he's with BT he might not play with stinson that night in NJ). I didnt know this, but he said he's basically played on every BT album for the last few years. I was surprised and told him i knew he played on the last album and i thought BT had some cool songs. i was like "yea, i read somewhere that you even played cello  on one song" and he was like "yea, that's right, i forgot about that. that was all me". So I asked when they were coming around here, and at that point he's like "let me see" and whips out his palm pilot with his calender in it and goes through it for me. It was very nice of him. He said they were playing NYC September 4th (I think in Irving)- i *think* brain will be with them also.  I really wished I coulda had a minute to look through his palm pilot to see what info it had (something along the lines of Nov 24: release CD  hihi). So i asked him how brain was doing, and he said "very good. i saw him play here recently with buckethead and some other guy. brain absolutely rocked". i was like, "oh really, do you still get along with buckethead". at this point he got very coy with me, cuz he  knew why i was asking. his response was along the lines of "yea, i dont know whats going on with him and axl, but i'm still friends with him". it was funny that he brought up axl on his own because it was clearly in a "i can't say anything on the situation with buckethead and gnr" kinda way, if you catch my drift.

anyway, i didnt want to bug him too much, so some more words were exchanged but nothing terribly important from what i remember. they left to go somewhere else. they told the wife of the dude i had met where they were going, so we all went there too and hung out for a drink or two- it was someplace that was "closed" so we had to go down an alley way for the back entrance. pretty cool after party. didnt bother stinson and fortus again, i had already had more than a great experience. that's about it. they're pretty easy to go talk to- not everyone goes up to talk to them so if you had the guts to do it they are pretty cool about it. I wouldnt bug them about GNR too much though. there ya go, that's my whole review, enjoy the concert you go to, YG.

now you know me better
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2004, 12:23:20 PM »

thanks for the info dude. thats interesting axl wants them back in january, hopefully for a tour toback up a released Chinese democracy, that would kick ass  yesbeer  tommy and richard always seemed like the coolest guys from the new band

peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2004, 12:30:54 PM »

This is awsome....i definetly belive this...i think theyll tour europe them back to the states

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2004, 12:42:29 PM »

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it. I cant wait for the hsow. Im going to check Fortus other tour dates but hopefull he will be there. He seems very approchable and cool. Cant wait. Hopefully I can get Tommy to sign my album. That would be cool.

Ill try to see if I can get some useful info out of the guys. Im not gonna butcher them with gnr questions. Im going to be smooth. I liek Tommys album anyway so I have a few questions to ask him about that. SHould be fun.....Thanks again....

Tommy referred to Richard as "his best friend in the whole world", which was cool. Fortus stole some of Tommy's drink that he had onstage, which they joked about
And I thought this wasnt a band of friends Grin

--I just checked BT's Tour schedule. His tour starts a week after the tommy show in Vegas. So I atleast have a shot of Fortus being there. Btw, how is BT's music? I was listening to some samples of Emotional Technology on Amazon. It seems ok, not great though....
« Last Edit: July 30, 2004, 12:55:19 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2004, 12:43:15 PM »

It's nice to hear the current members all get on so well and interact together. I think anyone who says this GN'R doesn't have chemistry will be proven very wrong.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2004, 01:54:55 PM »

UNBELIEVABLE.

we?re almost in 2005.

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2004, 03:15:43 PM »

Awesome work, AxlGunner! Glad you had a great time, to boot. BTW, did he play everything of VGH?  peace

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: