Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:54:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  GN'R popularity Status in 2004?
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: GN'R popularity Status in 2004?  (Read 8877 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: July 29, 2004, 04:34:04 PM »

I just want to ask you something:  where you live, what is the popularity status of Guns n' Roses? pretty popular? very popular? unpopular? do you see a lot of people around you who listen to Guns n' Roses? or just a few?
Do you feel that something has changed thanks to the "greatest hits" album? do you see more people (especially new kids) who are now interested in Guns n' Roses? or not?

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 04:38:40 PM »

They're still popular with people in my age bracket.  I don't know about others, but I know a lot of people my age who still like to listen to GnR once in a while even if they aren't diehard fans. 
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 04:40:05 PM »

Guns N' Roses is really popular.......New GNR hasn't even been born yet so that is really hard to gage. All of the popularity they have currently is a result of a band that doesn't currently exist. We are going to have to wait until New GNR actually releases an album to gauge this line-ups popularity.
slave2thegrind
Headliner

Duff is the man

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 04:44:23 PM »

I know that in high school and university everybody loves GNR...regardless of whether they're into rock or not, I've noticed that alot of people have at least one GNR song that they love.  I'd say that they're pretty popular, even before their Greatest Hits album was released.

- Mike (The Slave)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 04:48:00 PM »

Most people i talk to are surprised they still 'exist'.........

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 05:01:15 PM »

GN'R are popular where I live and a lot of young people I know like them and the new album isn't even out yet!

EEEERRRR Little boy
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »

Just look at the BTM ratings and the GHs sales.
IT proves they are still popular.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 05:28:42 PM »

They aren't a lot of people's absolute favorite.  But they certainly are respected for being a good rock band. 

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 05:49:01 PM »

most kids in my school dont like gnr.. last time i asked a person why they dont like gnr, here's what she said:
"i cant stand guns n roses because axl's tantrum ruined the gnr/metallica concert.. and did you see what axl looked like at the vma's?"  Roll Eyes

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 06:12:33 PM »

well I have always said that the look is probably one of? the most important thing in the music industry. That's why I think Buckethead's departure is an exellent thing for the image of the band. Ok He is talented, but he he is totally scary and not attractive. He is not "Rock n' Roll" and I think the new band suffers pretty much of that weird image. It's important for the kids.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 07:57:12 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004, 06:43:48 PM »

well I have always said that the look is probably one of? the most important thing in the music industry. That's why I think Buckethead's departure is an exellent thing for the image of the band. Ok He is talented, but he he is totally scary and not attractive. He is not "Rock n' Roll" and I think the new band suffers pretty much of that.

same goes for slipnot but they're still popular.. probably cuz no publicity is bad publicity.. the bucket'd probably draw more of an attention..

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
Axl_owns_dexter
VIP

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2004, 08:35:54 PM »

Who cares.  Keep the Bucket, all eyes will be on Axl anyways.

"You want to do something impressive? Get Kim Jong-Il  to sing "Give Peace A Chance." Yeah -- big televised duet with Yoko. That's when I'll be impressed."  - Gary Brecher, the "war nerd"
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 08:48:26 PM »

Just look at the BTM ratings and the GHs sales.
IT proves they are still popular.
What are/were the ratings of the Behind the Music program? I've been lookin' everywhere for those fuckers.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2004, 09:51:20 PM »

well I have always said that the look is probably one of? the most important thing in the music industry.

Too bad you're not the only one who thinks that. People sell records based on their looks and how good they can dance.? no

Seems like somebody's buying all those Greatest Hits copies out in the stores. I don't think it's just the "old" fans from the 80s/90s. Same thing with Appetite, it's still selling.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2004, 10:12:18 PM »

Well, GNR is one of the best selling rock bands of the year, believe it or not. I live in a small town, but there are still quite a few fans in this area, especially the employees at Hot Topic  hihi

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2004, 12:57:20 AM »

I'm 22 and my friends and I still love the GnR our local Pure Rock station WKLQ 94.5 and I would say I hear GnR daily when I listen for atleast 90 minutes.  I think they are more popular now because they still have legions of fans and with the GH's and how retro things are coming back I think new people are being exposed to GnR and liking the music. I think BTM, VR, and the Greatest Hits has only helped it grow

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Speedy0587
Headliner

Go Bananas!

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2004, 01:05:16 AM »

Im only 17 and tons of my high school friends love Guns N' Roses. I recently got a couple of my close friends really into them and we might play So Fine and/or Patience with our band. So im pumped.  Grin. One problem I see allot is my friends don't really like the new version of GNR. They say without Slash and Duff there isnt really a GNR. I even show them clips of Buckethead, Finck, and Fortus playing the heck out of the old songs but they still doubt the new version of GNR. When Chinese Democracy comes out Im sure theyll all see just how good the new lineup is. ok
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2004, 04:33:42 AM »

Lots of people loves GNR, but there's a lot of people that hates them too.

And I know some people that just say that was good, but don't even know that there's a new band or something.

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2004, 04:42:04 AM »

Around my circle of friends + the people I know, GNR is well liked, and even those who aren't particular fans don't see the band in a negative light. I've never heard anyone saying stuff like "Axl looks fat" and what have you, but then again I don't hang out with dolts.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2004, 06:10:38 AM »

They aren't popular for people my age(teens) where i am, but on a plus a couple of years ago when i got into GN'R i turned my whole group of friends on to them ok

Thats 14 more copies of AFD sold 2 u n me Cool

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: