Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 12:38:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Google search?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Google search?  (Read 23591 times)
AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2004, 02:38:30 PM »

so it's dmoz problem. From where is their directory information gathered? other websites if the content of the website is empty ?

IT'S PEOPLE!!! Dmoz is made by PEOPLE!!!!!! AHHHH!!!!!!

now you know me better
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2004, 03:09:35 PM »

Now It appears that if this is (I hope not but,,,) to go over the same path to GH, noone of us would make a petition this time perhaps. Would you?  Roll Eyes
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2004, 03:12:55 PM »

Now It appears that if this is (I hope not but,,,) to go over the same path to GH, noone of us would make a petition this time perhaps. Would you?  Roll Eyes

What??
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2004, 03:28:38 PM »

What??
Sorry but I don?t know how to explain this further more than to read Will?s posts. (besides I'm tipsy!)
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2004, 03:50:42 PM »

My fear is that it appears that this November release date was out before the BTM aired.  Now that makes me wonder if BTM did a google search and saw the anticipated release date and in turned used that in their show.

How funny would it be if BTM got that information from google.   confused  That of course would mean that we are no closer to knowing the release date of CD than we were before BTM aired. Sad

-TyRod-
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2004, 04:04:03 PM »

Well, according to VH1, that date came from both management and the label. Bottom line: someone is lying.

Anyway, it's been established that the google description came from DMOZ, right? And if it hasn't: that is where it came from. I have a website that is on a lot of search engines and it has no meta tags. They all take the description from DMOZ (which was set by me, mind you - they don't make their own description for sites).

I think in order to get to the complete bottom of what is going on, you'd have to find out who input that description to DMOZ.

EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2004, 04:09:52 PM »

The description does not necessarily come from the meta tags. When you add a site to google, the ask you to enter a short description, which will later appear below your website.
http://www.google.com/addurl.html

But I haven't found a link yet to change that description

I'm not an expert on Google or anything, but I know for a fact that a few months ago there was a trick where if you typed in "incompetent" or "idiot" or some derogatory term (I can't remember which) the first webpage that would pop up would be the official George W. Bush government website. So people can definitely do some tricks for humorous purposes (or mess-with-gnr-fans purposes) on google. My guess is that someone similar to those gnfr.com guys is just having a little fun with all of us.  Wink
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2004, 04:14:21 PM »

Weird,When I go tognronline.comand click search the 2002 dates pop up I thought they took those down
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2004, 04:20:58 PM »

Weird,When I go tognronline.comand click search the 2002 dates pop up I thought they took those down

doh!

me too?
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2004, 04:22:10 PM »

My fear is that it appears that this November release date was out before the BTM aired.  Now that makes me wonder if BTM did a google search and saw the anticipated release date and in turned used that in their show.

How funny would it be if BTM got that information from google.   confused  That of course would mean that we are no closer to knowing the release date of CD than we were before BTM aired. Sad

-TyRod-

Don't worry,I did a guns n roses google search after BTM (I was fuckin bored!) and it didn't say that

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
eraser
Rocker

« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2004, 04:23:54 PM »

That of course would mean that we are no closer to knowing the release date of CD than we were before BTM aired. Sad

i guess you can be afraid...

WE ARE NO CLOSER to knowing the release date of CD than we were before BTM aired.!

crying
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2004, 05:02:34 PM »

I disagree. I think we will hear something before this summer is out.

But, you guys can't take search results seriously as proof that we are closer or further away from a possible release date.
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2004, 06:39:13 PM »

I don't think that google got their information from dmoz, given that the dmoz.org search contains the following:

Guns N' Roses Official Web Site at Interscope Records - Includes news, tour dates, mailing list and merchandise.
-- http://www.gnronline.com/   Arts: Music: Bands and Artists: G: Guns N' Roses   (1)

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2004, 06:50:41 PM »

I don't think that google got their information from dmoz, given that the dmoz.org search contains the following:

Guns N' Roses Official Web Site at Interscope Records - Includes news, tour dates, mailing list and merchandise.
-- http://www.gnronline.com/   Arts: Music: Bands and Artists: G: Guns N' Roses   (1)

FYI, back when the other thread was active, it most CERTAINLY gave the November release date.  I checked it myself.  I'm wondering WHEN that changed, and if it was changed as part of what Mysteron was referencing when he said it was being "handled".  I guess we'll have to wait a bit and see if the Google description changes over the next couple of days.

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2004, 06:54:46 PM »

This is right off of dmoz.org:
Official Guns N' Roses site - Includes news, tour dates and information on Chinese Democracy due November 2004.

the above links right to gnronline
« Last Edit: July 20, 2004, 06:55:54 PM by C0ma » Logged
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2004, 07:03:46 PM »

I'm not sure how dmoz.org works, but it definitely doesn't say Nov. 2004 for me either.

It was one of the first things I checked this morning, and I've checked throughout the day, and it still doesn't say 2004 for me (I even cleared my cache just to be sure)

How are you guys finding Guns N' Roses?  Are you browsing the directories?  I'm just searching for the text "guns n roses".

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #76 on: July 20, 2004, 07:14:45 PM »

http://dmoz.org/Arts/Music/Bands_and_Artists/G/Guns_N%27_Roses/

it can also be reached by going to:
http://search.dmoz.org/cgi-bin/search?search=Guns+N%27+Roses

then click on 1. Arts:  Music: Bands and Artists: G: Guns N' Roses
under Open Directory Categories (1-5 of 5)
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #77 on: July 20, 2004, 07:16:21 PM »

It says november 2004 for me.

swosh26
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #78 on: July 20, 2004, 08:16:08 PM »

It says november 2004 for me.

same with me...November 2004
Saul
My custom title starts now
Legend

I was the killer.

« Reply #79 on: July 20, 2004, 10:50:24 PM »

Doesnt say Nov 2004 at dmoz.org for me now.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: