Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 26, 2024, 01:25:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228109 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Will Gnr play the VMAs this year?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Will Gnr play the VMAs this year?  (Read 16464 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2004, 05:13:42 PM »

I doubt it because the gap between sept and nov is to long. If the album was coming out in October then yes it would be a great possibility because they can debut the single at the show etc.

Next yrs vmas they will be there if the album is out

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
chramos
Headliner

GNR Rules!!!!

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2004, 05:20:50 PM »

Come on people, they just played 2002, it does not mean they will play every year.

That time they were touring etc... now band members are doing solo shows, etc, the band is not rehearsaling... this is non sense. Last year was the same story.

Peace
 Smiley 
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2004, 05:22:33 PM »

I was talking with the guy over at the "rumor board" and asked him about the VMAs, he said he will do some digging.
Maybe Mysteron can look into this to.

The VMAs are on sunday August 29 and Neither Tommy nor Dizzy have a solo date planned for that day.
We know the rumored month for CD to be released is Nov or early Dec, so do you think Axl could kick off the VMAs with the new single to get things started and the hype started for the? album?

Lets hope they play the VMAs, any thoughts?

No

No you wont look into it or no you dont think they will do it?

They won't do it
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2004, 06:28:12 PM »

They won't be asked

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2004, 06:54:23 PM »

They are not on the (albeit preliminary, but mostly final) list of artists set to appear this year. 

Now, when I asked the same person about VR...the response was "We'll see".  I'd put better than even money on a VR appearance/performance. 

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2004, 08:17:08 PM »

They are not on the (albeit preliminary, but mostly final) list of artists set to appear this year.?

Now, when I asked the same person about VR...the response was "We'll see".? I'd put better than even money on a VR appearance/performance.?

Im with Pilferk here, look VR right now is the i"t" rock band of the moment and think about it VR just filmed this past weekend the video for the next single fall to peices so it kind of makes more sense as they could use vmas to play the new song and slither if they wanted to while GNR all we have is a rumored November released date and no new material so to me it would make more sense to see VR on the VMAs then GNR all though I would love to see GNR on it with Axl kickin the ass of all those crappy musicians at the VMA (sorry not a big fan of most MTV music) later

peace peace

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2004, 08:35:29 PM »

IF gnr appeared on the VMAs it would be huge once again and it would dwarf any appearance by VR.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2004, 08:37:07 PM »

If they did play the Vmas...when would u want them to play and what song?

id say..open the show and Chinese Democracy or the Blues

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »

Nothing to promote. Why would MTV want them?

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2004, 09:46:41 PM »

And its not too early since last time they played it was on a weeks notice.

If im not mistaken mtv wanted gnr back last year too but Axl turned it down.
I am sure MTV has contacted gnrs management about doing this years since they know the album is coming out soon.

Where do you get this from?
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2004, 11:58:47 PM »

VR and GNR at the VMA's together would be pretty interesting... maybe next year?

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2004, 12:02:31 AM »

They don?t need to play
just let the first single be the opening music to the show
could be interessing ...

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2004, 12:36:53 AM »

After most of the public thought the 2002 was junk I doubt they will be asked back without the CD out

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2004, 03:11:08 AM »

IF gnr appeared on the VMAs it would be huge once again and it would dwarf any appearance by VR.

no it would make Axl look stupid for using the GN'R name when most of the GN'R members the audience knows of plays in VR...(besides, I think the MTV-junkies will be more excited about seeing a band they've heard about, and a band that is current, VR, than some eighties band that they've only heard the name of...)
and Dave, you have NO idea whether the music will be better than anything VR has made so just drop those stupid comments.
based on wild speculations, Silkworms and bad live recordings of Rhiad (pretty much the same reasons as dave), I really think, in theory, that the album Chinese Democracy will suck...waaaaait, what am I talking about? an album?? rofl

and NO, I can not see Axl appearing on the VMAs again so soon. I don't think he should do it either, maybe if the album came out like a month later, but otherwise, nah.

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Kampsch
Opening Act

Live your own life.

« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2004, 03:17:06 AM »

Time for round II then... Grin
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2004, 10:23:02 AM »

no it would make Axl look stupid for using the GN'R name when most of the GN'R members the audience knows of plays in VR...(besides, I think the MTV-junkies will be more excited about seeing a band they've heard about, and a band that is current, VR, than some eighties band that they've only heard the name of...)
and Dave, you have NO idea whether the music will be better than anything VR has made so just drop those stupid comments.
based on wild speculations, Silkworms and bad live recordings of Rhiad (pretty much the same reasons as dave), I really think, in theory, that the album Chinese Democracy will suck...waaaaait, what am I talking about? an album?? rofl

and NO, I can not see Axl appearing on the VMAs again so soon. I don't think he should do it either, maybe if the album came out like a month later, but otherwise, nah.

Yes I know if the music on CD is going to be better than what is on contraband judging by the songs we have already heard from the new gnr. The new gnr songs are better than what contraband has put out, so with those songs alone  the new gnr stuff is already better than contraband. And those songs are not even the "big guns". 

If gnr are going to be touring next year in Jan and have the album out by then, Axl would be smart to play the VMAs and give out the releases date at the endd of the song.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #36 on: July 30, 2004, 10:25:20 AM »

And its not too early since last time they played it was on a weeks notice.

If im not mistaken mtv wanted gnr back last year too but Axl turned it down.
I am sure MTV has contacted gnrs management about doing this years since they know the album is coming out soon.

Where do you get this from?

Axl talked about the short notice after the VMAs, and about mtv wanting them last  year, someone talked about this last  year after the VMAs that knows someone from mtv.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #37 on: July 30, 2004, 12:30:29 PM »

If gnr are going to be touring next year in Jan and have the album out by then, Axl would be smart to play the VMAs and give out the releases date at the endd of the song.
That would of been a cool closing to the VMA of 2002. THey probalby are gonna let 2 "rock" bands perform on the show and like it or not I can see them inviting VR over GnR because they are the new IT rock group, the new Supergroup. With a platinum album. I love both GnR and VR but it just doesnt make sense for MTV to have GnR back, if anything expect VR.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
GnFnR87
Legend

GNR FOREVER!!!! AXL'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2004, 02:14:03 PM »

i think that although it is unlikey, there is still a chance for them to play the VMAs if CD is gonna come out within the next 5 months.

Shows:?? 5/17/06 @ Hammerstein, 11/10/06 @ MSG
It's so close..... i can feel it.....
dave_guns
Rocker

i am me

« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2004, 07:47:27 PM »

it'd be nice, but not gunna happen.

yes yes yes.  no no no.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: