Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 04:35:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What Geffen should do leading up to Chinese Democracy
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What Geffen should do leading up to Chinese Democracy  (Read 5850 times)
ShotgunBlues1978
« on: July 28, 2004, 07:02:31 PM »

They should release re-mastered versions of AFD and the UYI albums.  This would be good for everyone, the fans, the group, and the label.  Those albums would sound even better if they were cleaned up using modern technology, clearer vocals and instruments, it'd be great.  Maybe even include a DVD with interviews, concert footage, videos, behind the scenes, all that kind of stuff.  It'd be a good way to bring some more attention to GnR building on what the release of GH was.  It would also bring in profits from more hardcore Guns fans, I didn't buy GH but I would buy re-mastered copies of those albums.  Anyway it's been done in the past with positive results for a lot of other big name bands, so I don't see why it shouldn't be done for Guns. 
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 07:06:57 PM »

I doubt that would happen because a lot people will think we own the records any way so a lot of people wont bother maybe if they put the making of Don't Cry, November Rain and Estranged all on dvd that would be a good idea.

EEEERRRR Little boy
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 07:11:05 PM »

I doubt that would happen because a lot people will think we own the records any way so a lot of people wont bother maybe if they put the making of Don't Cry, November Rain and Estranged all on dvd that would be a good idea.

That's true, but labels have released remastered copies of a lot of big albums and groups like Zeppelin and AC/DC, I'm not saying they would be re-debut in the Billboard top 10 but if they included the DVD would just generate some interest.
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 07:18:03 PM »

That's just milking even more money out of us for nothing new.

I want an official DVD of Rio or MSG. Something with the new guys in it.

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 07:48:56 PM »

That's just milking even more money out of us for nothing new.

I want an official DVD of Rio or MSG. Something with the new guys in it.

I was thinking about a compilation dvd with the 2002 regular set list,but songs from various cities.
Or they should put out like two or three different dvd's.
Toronto Canada 2002
MSG 2002
Pukkelpop or Leeds 2002
 would be nice smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 08:00:08 PM »

Geffen and whoever else could make a great deal of money through a re-release of AFD with the new band playing... and ect.

The DVD are is where they could kill with money. Have unreleased stuff, and maybe the NY show from 2002. The Las Vegas show maybe and all Making the Videos. I'm sure they could do that... who has say... : Axl Rose.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 08:31:38 PM »

I'm not to kean on the thought of them putting out re-recorded AFD to make money,if it was a bonus disc to Chinese Democracy I could live with that. smoking
But I think they should put out a few dvd's of the 2002 world tour....Nothing with Tobias as he isn't in the band anymore.

EDIT: What if everyone pitched this idea to Geffen/Sanctuary through email??....Would we have a chance of getting some pro shot 2002 dvd's.......Probably not but we should try as we are starving for something new. smoking
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 08:33:49 PM by AxlRose2003 » Logged

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2004, 08:33:43 PM »

I doubt Slash & Duff would ever let the re-recorded AFD out.
They wouldn't do it for Blackhawk Down, I don't see it happening now.
Andrew
Ewok
VIP

Art Student

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 08:49:06 PM »

But I think they should put out a few dvd's of the 2002 world tour....Nothing with Tobias as he isn't in the band anymore.

Then what about Buckethead?
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2004, 08:55:35 PM »

I don't think that a release of AFD and YUI on a remastered version would be a good Idea...I have all the GNR's albuns and the quality is great...if GNR have released these albuns on the '70s it would be good...

But Ilike the Idea of a release o' a DVD with interviews, live footage and stuffs lihe that...but I would trade this or a release of the Chinese Democracy...

ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2004, 09:04:45 PM »

The quality might be great but it'll be even greater remasterd ok
why not, it's gonna happen someday Wink

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2004, 09:46:57 PM »

no, they should have done that for like a 10th anniversary or something. it would bring too much attention to the old band, unless they focused purely on shilling it as  "Axl Roses and Guns N' Roses"...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
providman
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2004, 10:15:42 PM »

It's a bad idea for so many reasons; I doubt Geffen is gonna spend one more penny on Axl until they start getting a return on their 13 mil, also, why have CD compete with old GnR? I can picture an old-school GnR fan putting CD back in the rack if he happens to see a remastered AFD sitting right next to CD in the record store, of course not everyone would put it back but I bet a lot would, why jeapordize sales like that - also, putting out a remastered AFD would also remind people of how great GnR used to be, I wouldn't be shocked if it outsold CD Grin Grin Grin
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2004, 10:18:00 PM »

I think they should release an Ep or a DVD of the Tour....nothing with the old guys...just new...

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2004, 10:52:28 PM »

Then what about Buckethead?

It's a funny story actually....For some stupid reason for a minute there I forgot he left the band. smoking

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2004, 11:19:47 PM »

I think a DVD concert of the new band performing would be great for two reasons.

1) It would make money, not everyone is into trading bootlegs and the average joe would buy it

2) It would build up interest for CD and hype some more. People could see the new line-up and get used to it.

I have the Rio bootleg but I sure as hell would love an official concert with the boys to hold me over until CD.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
ShotgunBlues1978
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2004, 11:52:34 PM »

I have all the GNR's albuns and the quality is great

Not that the quality is bad but on some songs, for example Perfect Crime, Back Off Bitch, Garden of Eden and the like the vocals are hard to hear in some parts because they're drowned out by the instrumental, remastering would help this.? You can tell by just listening to the Greatest Hits album one time that the songs sound even better, clearer vocals and cleaner, crisper instruments.? I was tempted to pick it up just for that reason but I haven't yet.  And those aren't even songs that have hard to hear vocals.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2004, 12:06:21 AM »

Any more releases reminding fans of the old band would not be advantageous at all....The GH should have served to effectively close the door on that particular era IMO...I do agree that perhaps a grassroots campaign could be initiated to let Geffen know that if CD is not slated for this year, all the starving die-hards would really appreciate a commercial release of the pinnacle of the tour (MSG).  The effects would be two-fold, as someone stated earlier:  Satisfy the posters while introducing the band to the public at large.  This would allow a perfect lead in to a more feasible Sping release...
IndiannaRose
VIP

AiN'T iT FuN WhEn YoU KnOw YoU'Re GoNnA DiE YoUnG

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2004, 01:46:44 AM »

I would kill for them to release the 2nd 2002 Las Vegas show on DVD. It was originally schedualed to be released on DVD anyways by Geffen but for some odd reason the release was cancelled. Plus in my opinion Axl looks the coolest in there with the whole black jeans, straight hair, civil war jacket, and ripped abs look. They have to release that show. Seriously, the pics and reviews of that show make me drool, literally. drool
« Last Edit: July 29, 2004, 01:51:14 AM by IndiannaRose » Logged
Thorazine Shuffle
East coast struttin
Legend

God hates a coward sonny.

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2004, 01:38:45 PM »

There are re-mastered versions of AFD, Lies, UYI, 1&2.  BUt of course they are the 24 ct gold CD's that run around $300.00 a pop.  But they sound like you're in the studio with them.

Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: