Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 10:27:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228531 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Short new interview with Tommy
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Short new interview with Tommy  (Read 2408 times)
fixintodie
« on: July 27, 2004, 08:57:47 AM »

Looks like our man Tommy is keeping up his poker face.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/entertainment/9249473.htm?1c

This November rumor is looking less and less likely - I really do think  the rest of the band other than Axl don't have a fucking clue whats happening with the release. But thats just my opinion. peace

Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 09:26:11 AM »

Damn is all that I can say but I hope it does come out soon

EEEERRRR Little boy
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 09:39:03 AM »

Posted on Tue, Jul. 27, 2004

Ex-Replacement's gig is for the kids

BY MOLLY PRIESMEYER

Special to the Pioneer Press

When Tommy Stinson was a mere middle-schooler, he was performing in rowdy bars and on college campuses as the bassist in the Minneapolis band the Replacements. Now a proud parent of a middle-schooler himself, Stinson is returning to his home turf for his record-release show for "Village Gorilla Head." The show doubles as a benefit for all-ages club Twin Cities Underground in South Minneapolis, which gives young bands the opportunity to play for a group of peers instead of bored drunks.

"My daughter and ex-wife and I went to the Twin Cities Underground and saw my daughter's friend play a while back," Stinson says. "We all just had such a hoot. It wasn't like a little underage place that was all geeked out. It was just normal kids that were having a good time, and they all had their vibe on."

Don't expect the show to sound anything like the Replacements or Stinson's previous bands ? Perfect and Bash and Pop. Stinson says this record of self-penned material was created without trying to please anyone but himself.

"It's me not trying to be something I'm not," he says. "Not that I was trying to be something I wasn't when I was in Perfect, but Perfect was a band of guys trying to get out there and do it, try to compete with what was going on."

The album, written mostly over the past five years, covers themes from relationship hardships to professional hardships. "It's more introspective and honest than I've been," he says. "As self-indulgent and over-the-top as it might be at times for someone who is a Replacements fan, it was the record I felt like I wanted to make."

Speaking of overindulgent and professional hardships, what's the deal with Stinson's other band, Guns 'N Roses and its oft-delayed album, "Chinese Democracy?"

"That record has taken so long because it's a collaboration of eight people, and a few before I even got in the room," he says. "It's a great process. It just takes longer."

Despite all the fuss, delays, legal battles and press beatings, Stinson has only good things to say about GNR lead singer Axl Rose. "When it comes to working with him, he's a collaborator, and that makes it interesting. He's easier to work with than (Replacements frontman) Paul Westerberg. And I'm not saying that to be an a?hole, either."

It sounds like the idea for a Minneapolis-only show featuring Westerberg, Stinson and Chris Mars is as likely as "Chinese Democracy" coming out before 2008. "I don't know," Stinson says of a one-time reunion. "I doubt it would happen. And I say that because I can't see Chris Mars doing it. Of all of us and our nonsense, I think he's the guy who would most likely not do it. It would have to be a really good reason to do it. And I haven't found one yet."

Molly Priesmeyer is a Twin Cities freelance writer.

I think that part about CD in 2008 was added by the interviewer.  It's really talking about a Replacements reunioun.  I doubt Tommy said anything like that or the that the interviewer even mentioned it.  In fact, my guess is that either the guy didn't ask about when it was going to be released or Tommy didn't give a satisfactory answer (other then possibly "soon"  hihi )

Sometimes journalists suck  Undecided

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
estranged.1098
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 09:51:59 AM »

I don't see why it's less likely. Here's everything Tommy said about Guns N' Roses:

"That record has taken so long because it's a collaboration of eight people, and a few before I even got in the room,"
"It's a great process. It just takes longer."

"When it comes to working with him, he's a collaborator, and that makes it interesting. He's easier to work with than (Replacements frontman) Paul Westerberg. And I'm not saying that to be an a?hole, either."

So this changes nothing from his last interview.
oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 10:12:42 AM »

Tommy would emerge victorious from Bravo's celebrity poker tourney every year should he ever choose to enter....frustrating as all get out.... peace  Tommy get's the Richard Nixon stamp for the day... Grin
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 01:42:17 PM »

"Speaking of overindulgent and professional hardships, what's the deal with Stinson's other band, Guns 'N Roses and its oft-delayed album, "Chinese Democracy?"

"That record has taken so long because it's a collaboration of eight people, and a few before I even got in the room," he says. "It's a great process. It just takes longer."

Very diplomatic...God Bless Tommy Stinson...talks about the process not the person...nice! hihi ok...even if he doesn't have have a handle on what's going on...I'm just happy he chooses to put up with so many delays...and keeps a positive vibe on it Grin
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 01:59:04 PM »

The 8 members?

Axl
Brain
Fink
Fortus
Dizzy
Pittman
Stintson
Buckethead?

Is he saying BH is still there, since this was a recent interview?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 02:02:47 PM »

I think it?s always been "less likely"

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2004, 02:38:06 PM »

I think he's mentioning 8 members because Bucket's stuff will be staying on the album?
fixintodie
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 04:26:32 AM »

Exactly - Bucket was in on the recording process, so it was a collaboration between 8 musicians. Or it could be he's just used to the band having 8 members, and that was the number that came to him off the top of his head. I wouldn't read anything into it.

I still think most comments seem to point to Bucket returning at some point. Hope he will.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: