Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:36:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WHAT WILL YOU GUYS DO WHEN...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT WILL YOU GUYS DO WHEN...  (Read 17288 times)
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #40 on: July 25, 2004, 04:42:33 AM »

this albums the biggest hype in music history in my eyes, it will not flop.

alot of people are gonna be curious ok

you people just refuse to see the point of this thread.  besides this thread you should not be that blind to actually think of something like that as a guarantee.  i mean do you really see things in life as guarantees?  nothing is man, so just imagine how stupid(it will be beyond stupid)you guys will look if its not a hit.  its just very strange the way you guys think.

just tell me what will you say to people like me if the album isnt a big commercial success like the REAL GNR.

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #41 on: July 25, 2004, 08:50:27 AM »

just tell me what will you say to people like me if the album isnt a big commercial success like the REAL GNR.

What did people say to you after the UYI and TSI? albums didn't sell as much as AFD?

The so called "REAL GN'R" only recorded one real album and one EP.

Are you one of those people who wish that the new band fails so you'll get people admitting they were wrong to you?

/jarmo
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 08:52:06 AM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2004, 11:22:01 AM »

Quote from: jarmo
What did people say to you after the UYI and TSI? albums didn't sell as much as AFD?

The so called "REAL GN'R" only recorded one real album and one EP.

Are you one of those people who wish that the new band fails so you'll get people admitting they were wrong to you?

/jarmo

well since i just turned 20 on saturday i was very very young at the time of the illusions.  i got into them when i was 8 and at that age you dont really know too much deep info on bands.  all i knew was that everybody was listening to them and i absolutley adored everything about them.

the illusions selling less than appetite has nothing to do with my question and topic.  the illusions were a huge selling album though, so what is your point on that subject anyway?

i do wish the new band fails, in fact i hope they go down as one of the most laughed at bands in history as well as the biggest flops(more than they already are).  that has nothing to do with this topic though, i dont wish that on them so i can hear people admit to me they were wrong.  i wish that on them for my personal views on that band.

its not a hard question.  im not the one boasting around that its a guarantee that the band is going to be a huge success, when people make guarantees its just silly.  nothing is a guarantee, so when something they keep stating is going to happen and it doesnt i want to know what they will say.  

im just curious...will they shut up and never speak on here again, will they admit they were being silly and that they were wrong, etc...  considering most are axl fans, they will make every excuse in the book like they do with every action he makes.

just be open minded people and realize there is a possiblity that it could fail.  if it does, what will you say about all the previous "guaranteess" you have made.

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 11:23:23 AM by Music For Life » Logged

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2004, 11:55:24 AM »

i do wish the new band fails, in fact i hope they go down as one of the most laughed at bands in history as well as the biggest flops(more than they already are).  

Ok, now we have established what kind of "fan" you are.

its not a hard question.  im not the one boasting around that its a guarantee that the band is going to be a huge success, when people make guarantees its just silly.  

It's called expectation.

Some people expect a lot (the best GN'R album ever), others will be happy to hear something.

You don't seem to expect anything, you just want them to fail.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
SADIS
« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2004, 01:57:08 PM »

They wont. Future GNR tours will no have a dominant old gnr setlist. Maybe a few sprinckled in but not many.

And you know that because:

a) You are in the band
b) You are Axl's new girlfriend
c) You are just one uber-hardcore fan who THINKS he knows what will happen

??

Yea as of right now thats the case because no1 knows anything about new gnr. There is no material to judge them on.

One makes you wonder how good they really are if they can't release an album within 10 years.

They stood for something, and that something is called Rock&RollRock n ROll doesnt have a set look or image. Its more of an attitude and philopshy than anything else. WHat makes a bands look cool and rock n roll is thier music. Case closed.

You are so right on that. Couldn't agree with you more.

The songs we have heard are excellent and they arent even studio versions or the big guns. You can argue about the big guns all you want but fact is that there are songs that we havnt heard yet that the band feels very strongly about.

They feel very strongly about it. But in this case words don't mean shit. It took me years to see the real beauty AFD is. They should just release it and with the shit that comes with it. Perfect doesn't exist so don't try to make it "perfect". JUst do your thing and role with that.

And when a guy named Axl Rose is fronting a band the hcances of it sounding good and kciking ass is very good. Hes a perfectionist. The members have changed but so what. They are capable of making thier own music. I know the vocals and lyrics will be the best we have heard from gnr.

Well we'll just have to see about that. Because you are just like a religious fanatic. So blinded by the "greatness" of the person that you don't see the reality anymore. I'm mean, I do think Axl has the best voice I have ever heard, and he IS the greatest front man of our time. But we don't know anything about the new album. So I don't understand how you can defend it so energetic, while you haven't heard anything.

To me that's really difficult. And hey I'm not trying to diss you or diss Axl in any way. He has written one of the best songs EVER  called "Estranged" all by himself. I'm just tryin to be realistic here. And my opinion is that I'll have to hear it first before I can say " Yeah Axl did pull it off, and yeah to old line-up don't mean nothing compared to the new one". But from what I have heard, and that's the same as you have, I only liked the blues. And I liked it as much as I like Patience. Great song, but not their best.

And we could go on about this forever (or untill the album drops). You just have your opinion and I have mine. Let's just not forget we are here for the same reason. Chines fuckin Democracy. And though I LOVE the old line-up more then any band in the world, I'm am not that stupid to at least give the nuw line-up a chance. But just give me something to judge them on.

Did you hear me Axl?Huh? Just release it, it will still be better then most of the shit we have these days.
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2004, 02:21:55 PM »

Listen mate (music for life), you can hope all you want. Anyone who thinks this thing isn't gonna be commercially successful is fucking moron! Take a look at the facts:

Axl is one business smart mutherfucker. Guns N' Roses toured so much 91-93 because Axl wanted the Illusions to sell BIG. In fact he wanted to keep going untill they hit 35 million worldwide. He wants his records to sell well.

Axl is one determined mutherfucker. He has spent so long on this, and rebuilt this band, as he said, back into something that once was. He did the VMAs showing his clear intent to take this thing to the top of the tree.

Guns N' Roses still have millions of fans (as shown by GH sales). Although many of those fans may not be interested in the new GNR, many are, many won't even know of the changes and buy, and many will buy out of curiosity despite having their doubts.

They will undoubtedly gain more fans if the material is good, and promotion is good. Without a doubt promotion will be huge (why else lay out so much to make it), and so the only variable is the quality of the material.

Going on Axl's past record, I think it's safe for me to bet that the material will be good.  ok

I am so confident of it's success, I'll eat all of Gary's ladies shoes if I'm wrong.

@#$%Funker

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2004, 02:33:29 PM »

And you know that because:

a) You are in the band
b) You are Axl's new girlfriend
c) You are just one uber-hardcore fan who THINKS he knows what will happen

??
Last tour was for them to get out of the studio and gel in a live setting. Axl also wanted to play the old songs for the most part one last time. If you think future gnr tours are going be old material dominant you arent using your noodle.

JUst do your thing and role with that.
And that is what they are doing...

But just give me something to judge them on.
Thats fine. And like I have always said let the music do the talking...and I believe it will...

Im sorry Im a fan. Im sorry I believe in this band. Excuse me. Actually Im not sorry. Im not going to apologize because I support this band. I am a fan of one of the best bands in the world. They have much to prove but I believe they will prove everything wrong because of the things ive mentioned before. They have Axl and a very talented band. Thats my reasoning. They have given me a handful of excellent songs already. Thats my reasoning. They have put everything they have in making a very special album. The effort and passion is there. Thats my reasoning. This band will not dissapoint. You can think otherwise, but I dont feel that way. As they say, to each his own.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2004, 02:35:53 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2004, 02:42:01 PM »

Ok, now we have established what kind of "fan" you are.

It's called expectation.

You don't seem to expect anything, you just want them to fail.

/jarmo

somebody admiting that something can fail is different than saying that it wont fail and that its impossible to fail.  wanting something to succeed is one thing, but to say its a guarantee is ridiculous.  they are the only ones that will look ridiculous.  i wont look ridiculous if they succeed because i dont go around saying that "its impossible for them to succeed".  

this thread isnt whether i think they will or they wont.  this thread is for the people that say they will succeed, how many times do i have to say that?

are you really that naive of a person to think that everything is a guarantee in the world.  thats the same as thinking that everything is free in the world.  thats just stupid to think that way.  how many people thought the tour was going to be some massive monster that was going to sell out everywhere it went?  come on now Wink

Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2004, 02:52:26 PM »

I'm not expecting a massive success from GnR, and in fact, I don't really see it happening. I am expecting some good songs that I can listen to for years. In fact, the less they are talked about by the media, the better, in my opinion. That way, music stays genuine and authentic.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2004, 03:08:08 PM »

are you really that naive of a person to think that everything is a guarantee in the world.  thats the same as thinking that everything is free in the world.  thats just stupid to think that way.  how many people thought the tour was going to be some massive monster that was going to sell out everywhere it went?  come on now Wink

We're optimists, we hope for the best, and in doing so, we think the best will happen, therefore we talk about it that way.
Yeah we thought the tour was going to be good, it wasn't, but we're still optimistic.

What part of this is so hard to understand?
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2004, 03:29:51 PM »

i do wish the new band fails,
So, what are you doing here then?
Nauseatingly sick  :'(but I see you?re honest at the best. To show more of your honesty, I suggest, you should change your name to Anti-Music for Life.

Majorities of us, new gnr fans/music lovers care the music and how we feel about it individually, not a damn what other people and the sales say, which are none of our business. Still we hope all the best just for our fav band, what wrong with that?  

If I don?t like coming CD, I?ll wait the next. If I like it, I'll wait the next.  love

SADIS, partly I agree with you. I don?t believe in perfection. To me this word means the death and no more.
Just release it,
Yea! ok
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2004, 10:13:11 PM »

this thread isnt whether i think they will or they wont.  this thread is for the people that say they will succeed, how many times do i have to say that?

THis is a pointless thread, not dicussing anything good or bad, Its just "Music for LIfe" Soapbox, or so to speak. He just used this forum to express his frustration for a lack of CD already.  He acts like he is a hardcore fan and been there since day one.

He's talking like the UYI era was the "real" gnr and what Axl has now isn't. He would of been around 9 when TSI came out, and I doubt he has been waiting or looking forward to this Album when he was 9. This is another pointless thread about One man's frustration about the lack of CD. I bet he's only been waiting since 2002 for CD.

And anytime someone has an opinion he doesn't like he says "That's not the point of my thread" Well what is the point, so you can tell people you were right? When CD isnt out yet?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2004, 05:37:17 AM »

When I replied to this particular post last week I really didnt think it would still be rumbling on now! But hey ho music for life keeps it rumbling on by just goading proper GnR fans on this message board. What do ya think we are gonna do prick? Of course we are all optimistic about the success of the album! We have all been fans for so long. We ent likely to come on here and agree with a twat like you who hopes and thinks the album will fail! What is the point of you even being here? Take your childish games to another message board.

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2004, 07:38:05 AM »

Music For Life has different ideas about some things than a lot of the people here on this board, but if you, estranged33, think that calling him a prick will get your point accross, you are mistaken. Only thing it'll get you here, is banned.. So play nice.

And Music For Life, there will always be people who will say that they're 110% sure that something will succeed, go down or whatever. Always. Or at least they will say that they're 100% sure, although nothing, as you said, is certain. It wouldn't be very wise for anyone to make that assumption about (alsmost) anything. So why do you even waste your time trying to change their minds.

A question for you Music For Life: Why do you wish that the new bands would fail?

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2004, 07:58:09 AM »

Yeh fair point Skeba I take that one on board!

I just find it so frustrating when I come on to the message board where we are all putting in our worthwhile comments and then you read something like that. It just makes me see red! But like I said fair point you made Skeba there was no need for me calling Music for Life a prick! I, like you would love to know why he/she wants the album to fail.

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2004, 02:05:36 PM »

A question for you Music For Life: Why do you wish that the new bands would fail?

I bet he is either one of two fans:

1) The fan who took slash's side in the split and can't like both Slash and Axl and blames Axl for breaking up the old band, and mostly likes VR.

2)He is frustrated over the lack of new material and is venting. Maybe he got his hopes up too many times and got burned and now instead of being calm and waiting he's wishing it fails.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2004, 02:36:56 PM »

The name GN'R will sell and some people dont realize how many young people are getting into GN'R. GN'R is still popular doesn't AFD still sell about 7,000 CD's in the US alone every week yeah I know its about the old band here but the young fans are aware of the new gn'r and listened to it and dig it. I cant see this album failing I just cant see it failing its bound to at least go gold but I see a lot more from this album.

I think it well def sell very well.

EEEERRRR Little boy
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #57 on: July 29, 2004, 12:55:05 PM »

I bet he is either one of two fans:

1) The fan who took slash's side in the split and can't like both Slash and Axl and blames Axl for breaking up the old band, and mostly likes VR.

2)He is frustrated over the lack of new material and is venting. Maybe he got his hopes up too many times and got burned and now instead of being calm and waiting he's wishing it fails.

when you assume things like that it only makes you look stupid.  you are exactly one of the people im talking about in my thread, you think you know everything.  your reading way too much into this, just answer the simple question.  theres no guarantess in life, so what will say if cd is a failure?  who cares what kind of fan i am, it has nothing to do with anything, im not talking shit about people and making stupid ass assumptions about things to try and dodge the question at hand.

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #58 on: July 29, 2004, 02:12:38 PM »

so what will say if cd is a failure??

"Oh well"?

Why do you even think about these things? Do you worry about stuff like this all the time?

"What will you say when you win on the lottery?"
"What will you do when VR split up?"
"What will you say when you find yourself banned?"

hihi

/jarmo

Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2004, 11:39:59 PM »

so what will say if cd is a failure??

"Oh well"?

Why do you even think about these things? Do you worry about stuff like this all the time?

"What will you say when you win on the lottery?"
"What will you do when VR split up?"
"What will you say when you find yourself banned?"

hihi

/jarmo

why dont you try and be cool and not threaten to ban me Wink  im not breaking any rules in here.  im not even starting trouble.  im raising a valid point and why would i talk about if vr breaks up, winning the lottery?  i dont go around saying im for sure going to win the lotto or that vr is ALWAYS going to be together.  you guys on this part of the forum are so certain that cd will be a hit and you guarantee it to be a hit as well as proclaim "its impossible for it to do bad because it has the gnr name".  because i see this all the time is why i started this thread.  am i lying when i say i see this kind of talk all the time?

what is so wrong with asking you guys what you will say if your proven wrong?  this will probably be my last post in this thread since people keep dodging the question and veering to another subject or that "im one of those kind of fans". 

i have never seen people as hard headed and childish as some people on this forum as well as the mygnr.com forum.  to flat out say that something is a guarantee(thats so bold to say, especially in the music business and especially in the music business these days) is so stupid and to not admit that is just worse.  theres a difference between that and wanting something to do well.

again, im not the one making guarantees here and looking like a fool doing so.  im raising a very vaid point here and just wanting some answers and you people refuse to give it.  its doesnt bother me, it just makes you look even more stupid and childish. 

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: