Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 05:33:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  WHAT WILL YOU GUYS DO WHEN...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WHAT WILL YOU GUYS DO WHEN...  (Read 17284 times)
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: July 22, 2004, 09:06:51 PM »

what will all you believers do if cd is a huge flop.  you guys talk as if its a guarantee that it will be a massive success.  any person who thinks intelligentley enough and knows that there is no guarantee in life will agree with me that there is a possibility(a huge one) that cd will not be what you say it will be.

i just want to know what all you believers will do if your foots are all in your mouth ready to come out your ass.

notice how i say "if".  i personally know it will not be a huge success up to the standards you people say it will be, but im not god so i cant predict the future.  on the same side, im not going around saying what will happen like the rest of you, so i want to know what you guys will say when you all look like retards when the album doesnt do half of what you think it will Wink

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2004, 09:30:35 PM »

Whats with the negativity?

To many of us, it doesn't matter as long as axl sounds good

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2004, 09:34:32 PM »

Part of me wants it to be a flop. Today's music fucking sucks. All of it. It's not going to be a disappointment in my eyes unless all it features is Brain farting on a snare drum.
loretian
VIP

It would take a lot more time than you...

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2004, 11:05:08 PM »

Of the new Gn'R songs I've heard, I love Oh My God, Madagascar, The Blues, Chinese Democracy, and Rhyiad and the Bedoiuns (sp?)   I really like a lot of Silk Worms, but the song just doesn't gel as a whole for me.

So, it may be a flop, I dunno.... but everything I've heard so far leads me to believe and expect otherwise.

If I start to break down, it's from the love that I've found
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2004, 11:18:04 PM »

i just want to know what all you believers will do if your foots are all in your mouth ready to come out your ass.
WHats a flop? Do you mean if it doesnt do well commercially and its not successful? Is a flop the record sux but the masses liek it?

Whats a flop?

To me I look at it like this. Given the musical climate today, Im not expecting this band to take over the world like old GNr did.

What I am expecting is an album that is unique and simply rocks. I have been listening to the new songs for 4 yrs now. Day in and day out. All of them. And I love them all.

ANd if the material is good I am expecting them to be the best rock band. Meaning owning the charts, the countdowns, etc. Stuff like that. Its silly to think that they will cross over into other genres. So I am expecting them to be the leaders of the rock world.

Most of all, I am just want an album that the hardcore fans enjoy. The people who have waited and supported the new band over the yrs. If they like it then thats a success.

Musically theres no doubt in my mind that the band has made a special album. But in terms of things the band cant control...time will tell on that....
As a fan, all I could ask is for there complete maximum effort...and as a fan of this band...I know that the effort and intentions of making the best possible album they can make is there...and for that im very grateful...

But what I really wnat to know is what if CD is an absolute musical masterpiece. It has everything from guitars to piano. What if its better than old gnr material. Then what?
It doesnt matter though becuase no matter how good CD is the haters will always bring shit up. COwbell here, profanity in a song there, too advanced for my liking, this is what we've waited for here?...stuff like that....so no matter what, to the haters, new gnr will never be given praise. But thats ok, as long as Im rocking out to CD then I could careless.....
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 11:22:48 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2004, 11:43:59 PM »

At this point, it's physically impossible for the album to flop.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
SlashFan
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2004, 11:52:01 PM »

what will all you believers do if cd is a huge flop.  you guys talk as if its a guarantee that it will be a massive success.  any person who thinks intelligentley enough and knows that there is no guarantee in life will agree with me that there is a possibility(a huge one) that cd will not be what you say it will be.

notice how i say "if".  i personally know it will not be a huge success up to the standards you people say it will be, but im not god so i cant predict the future.  on the same side, im not going around saying what will happen like the rest of you, so i want to know what you guys will say when you all look like retards when the album doesnt do half of what you think it will Wink

GET IN THE RING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roll Eyes

What's with people coming on here and trying to start a fight between us real GN'R fans?You notice most of the time the people that post this shit is always thinking that they know everything.

Anyways,I'll just fucking ignore the stupid question because I have better things to do than argue about if cd will be huge or not,I really don't care as long as it has Axl singing on it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 11:53:51 PM by Slash Rose » Logged
journey
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2004, 12:35:26 AM »

I know that I liek "The Blues", "Madagascar" and "Chinese Democracy", so if the other songs are on that same standard, I know it'll be a decent, if not, great album. But, all and all, it's just rock n' roll.
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2004, 01:37:46 AM »

It wont flop as a cd itself nor do I think it will

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2004, 01:49:12 AM »

As long as Axl is singing on the tracks, and the vast majority of the songs are not industrial/electronic or whatever the hell Axl wanted to get into previously, I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Songs like Estranged and November Rain, so-called Axl ego trips, are among my favorite GNR songs ever. If Axl can produce a few more gems like those, and I know he can, I'll be very happy.

I expect it to retain the GNR sound for the most part, yet be a moderate departure from the bands' previous material just like the Illusions were compared to Appetite. If this is the case, then the album will be a success in my mind at least.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2004, 01:53:48 AM by SlashNBurn » Logged

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
Guns N Ballz
Rocker

Proud Member of the Butch Walker Mafia!

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2004, 02:08:56 AM »

I think the new songs sound like GNR but just updated. CD will do just fine. I don't expect any more OMG type songs. Unless they include Silkworms of course.
Music For Life
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2004, 03:58:51 AM »

Quote from: Slash Rose
What's with people coming on here and trying to start a fight between us real GN'R fans?You notice most of the time the people that post this shit is always thinking that they know everything.

Anyways,I'll just fucking ignore the stupid question because I have better things to do than argue about if cd will be huge or not,I really don't care as long as it has Axl singing on it.

first off im not trying to start a fight, if thats the way you looked at it then thats your problem.  your the only one so far that thought of it that way.

secondly, this thread is not if you people think cd will be a success or not.  its for the people that "know for a fact" it will be a HUGE success and be the biggest thing ever.  its for the people that consistently say "oh, wait till cd comes out".  those are people who dont live in the real world.  nothing in life is a guarantee and i simply want to know what those people will say and think about theirselves if cd is a huge flop.  thats all.  i mean, so many of you are certain that it will be.  

just look at all the people that got all giddy about the tour and look what happened with that, lol.  dont look for a fight, thats not what im trying to do.  

i just want to know honestly what some of you people will say and think about yourselves if your proven wrong.  nothing more.  im not looking for some huge debate or anything like that.

"SOMETIMES I COULD GET EVEN, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE UP, SOMETIMES I COULD GIVE, SOMETIMES I NEVER GIVE A FUCK"
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2004, 05:09:37 AM »

At this point, it's physically impossible for the album to flop.

you mean since it's not coming out?

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2004, 05:33:16 AM »

first off im not trying to start a fight, if thats the way you looked at it then thats your problem.  your the only one so far that thought of it that way.

secondly, this thread is not if you people think cd will be a success or not.  its for the people that "know for a fact" it will be a HUGE success and be the biggest thing ever.  its for the people that consistently say "oh, wait till cd comes out".  those are people who dont live in the real world.  nothing in life is a guarantee and i simply want to know what those people will say and think about theirselves if cd is a huge flop.  thats all.  i mean, so many of you are certain that it will be.  

just look at all the people that got all giddy about the tour and look what happened with that, lol.  dont look for a fight, thats not what im trying to do.  

i just want to know honestly what some of you people will say and think about yourselves if your proven wrong.  nothing more.  im not looking for some huge debate or anything like that.

When you use phrases like "if your foots are all in your mouth ready to come out your ass" and "when you all look like retards when the album doesnt do half of what you think it will" you're definitely looking for trouble. So next time you'll start a thread, watch what you're sayin.

The Estranged MrFlashbax
VIP

The Tranquil Jester

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2004, 08:13:51 AM »

i'll do what i do whenever i'm wrong about anything else.. shrug it off and get on w/ my life.. its not like i have my life on hold for CD..  Roll Eyes

Thanks 2 those who went 2 Mustang Harry's on May 12th. That made my first concert experience something I'll never forget. Never did I feel like I fit in anywhere as much as I did amongst you strangers
a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2004, 09:37:41 AM »

Oh shut up you negative little person! Why even bother with a post like that?

a.k.a. Dovey
VIP

Does the walker choose the path?

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2004, 09:52:49 AM »

Me again! My previous post was aimed at (music for life's) childish post not the post previous to mine from estranged 063087. I just wanted to clear that up!

Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2004, 12:11:32 PM »

What if it's gangster rap?
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2004, 12:32:13 PM »

The only thing that matters if i like it. If i love it and it only sells 1-2 million, i ll still be listening to the album.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
SADIS
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2004, 01:13:19 PM »

I don't think it wil be a big commercial succes.

In the 80's and early 90's they sold alot of records just on being GNR. The hype sold alot of albums for them. Now it won't because it's been too long. These days the kids aren't into rock as much as back then. And no way some 43 year old guy is gonna drag them back.

Just as I was never interested in the Stones when I was young, the kids now won't be interested. I think only the people who already know them will be interested. And from them a whole lot is not gonna buy it because "GNR isn't GNR anymore" (No Slash, Duff, Izzy etc.)

Unless there is a huge hit on it. And I don't  know if it will contain one. I hope so. But from the 4 songs we've heard untill now I don't hear one. I do know for sure that it will NEVER get as big as it used to be.

I think it's time for a new GNR, with new kids that write music that kicks the shit out of you. With a new Axl, Duff, Izzy and Slash. And we'll just enjoy what GNR/VR releases. Not caring whether it's a hit or not.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: