Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 02:09:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  is BRAIN only here for $$$?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: is BRAIN only here for $$$?  (Read 11340 times)
kupirock
Somewhat Damaged
Legend

« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2004, 05:26:44 PM »

Did you hear Matt Sorum's comments on the BTM?

He thought he had signed up for a bad rock n' roll band and instead he had to play a song like November Rain.  Roll Eyes

Well he can now play classics like Set Me Free and Slither  rofl

"Hearing Don't Cry isn't all that exciting considering there are many youtube clips available of it being performed live." -from mygnr.com-
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2004, 06:55:49 PM »

let's get back to the main subject ok?

I will probably shock a lot of people but...

alright after reading that post http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=21130, and that one http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=21119 I am more and more convinced that Brain is a bastard. Yeah a bastard. Just a mercenary who doesn't give a flying shit of the band. He is just here for his paycheck and that's it. Plus, when I watch my 2002 bootlegs, I feel that Finck is involved, Fortus is involved, Stinson is involved, Dizzy is involved, Axl is involved (normal it's his band now)... Buckethead seems appart (strange guy, pretty weird....) and brain doesn't seem to be involved at all. You can see it on his face, there is absolutely ZERO feeling, no look in other members' eyes, he just played drums as if he was cleaning toilets without heart, without soul, without passion, he is tight.

I really can't stand him and I notice I am definitely not the only one....
« Last Edit: July 22, 2004, 07:02:45 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2004, 07:02:55 PM »

We have no idea how, when and if they are getting paid.
They are getting paid thats part of the 13 million spent on the album

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2004, 07:20:23 PM »

I think Brain is out of the band.
 I feel it inside me. I think he follows Buckethead and lef/was fired of the band.
This is the only way to explain his attitude toward the band and the album "chinese democracy".

Me: Brain, you still with GNR?
Brain: Haha. If they ever pay me
Me: yoyo, What's the deal with Chinese Democracy?
Brain: [he laughs]
Me: Is it coming out anytime soon?
Brain: [rolls eyes] I don't know. I don't really keep up with it.

Angry

badapple81
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2004, 07:40:57 PM »

If Brain's comments were indeed said, take it for what its worth, a light hearted giggle.

nesquick.. how can you say that brain isnt involved at all? He was playing his drums wasnt he? I mean if Axl stood there the whole show and didnt move when he sung, then you could say he wasnt into it, but what more can Brain do? Do star jumps while he plays drums??  hihi As for his facial expressions, the cameras barely focus on Brain enough to even see.

As for Matt Sorum, and the piano, that extra touch of class and brilliance is what made GN'R that extra bit special.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2004, 07:52:18 PM »

To tell you the truth I have always had a bad vibe seeing Brain in the band. I remember the first time I watched Rio 3 I tought "I don't feel that guy". Then it was worse in 2002. Like Buckethead, he doesn't fit with the Rock n' Roll soul of the band Guns n' Roses. This is a human problem. and yeah I have always feel him VERY silencious, very tight, like he wasn't part of the project.

badapple81
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2004, 07:57:01 PM »

That's fair enough, each fan connects to a different member and their attitude in a different way.

Steven Adler was always laughing and smiling and having a good time when playing. Hopefully soon GN'R will be back and we'll be able to see more of Brain and what he's all about Smiley
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2004, 08:00:28 PM »

Do star jumps while he plays drums??  hihi As for his facial expressions, the cameras barely focus on Brain enough to even see.

Does anyone know if Brain tries to do those "evil"-Matt Sorum style faces?

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2004, 08:00:42 PM »

To tell you the truth I have always had a bad vibe seeing Brain in the band. I remember the first time I watched Rio 3 I tought "I don't feel that guy". Then it was worse in 2002. Like Buckethead, he doesn't fit with the Rock n' Roll soul of the band Guns n' Roses. This is a human problem. and yeah I have always feel him VERY silencious, very tight, like he wasn't part of the project.

well, in the case of BH, i think this part of his character.
one guy that did seemed weird was Robin finck, especially at Rio III, he was, like somewhere else, even like not happy to be there... but that's maybe part of his character.

about the money problem, i dont think guns n roses is THE ONLY band that pays their members.
brain is NOT staying for the money, the name/fame maybe, but not the money.

and actually i dont think that Guns n Roses is a rich band anyway, people need to realise that it is not 91 anymore, axl is/was in a lot of trouble, with management and all.
i heard he eats pasta everyday  Shocked Shocked Shocked

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2004, 08:01:57 PM »

Then it was worse in 2002. Like Buckethead, he doesn't fit with the Rock n' Roll soul of the band Guns n' Roses. This is a human problem. and yeah I have always feel him VERY silencious, very tight, like he wasn't part of the project.

Obviously you missed the VMA02 show.  Roll Eyes

He lost his headphones during Madagascar....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2004, 08:05:22 PM »

Brain is in the band! HAs been in the band. Will remain in the band!

ARe you that dumb? WHy are you going along with a gayass post from mygnr? Have you ever visited that place? What a joke it is. Go read the threads on that board.

Like Buckethead, he doesn't fit with the Rock n' Roll soul of the band Guns n' Roses
I always get a kick out of the peopel who bring up this "rnr" stuff. Its pretty comical. Brain is an awesome drummer. I suggest you go get the Primus albums he is on.

Rock n ROll doesnt have a look. GNr is not a grimy rock n roll band. If thats what you are looking for...well then...look somehwere else. That kind of rock is basically long gone. The members in gnr are all talented. They come from interesting bakgrounds and instead of judging them by how they look why dont you wait till the album comes out.

Man o man i cant wait till this album knocks people right in the fukin mouth.....
Hopefully soon GN'R will be back and we'll be able to see more of Brain and what he's all about
I wish people would do that not just with Brain but with the rest of the band as well. When things get rolling and the silence is lifted and they can talk about themselves, the band and the album...peoples opinions will change....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Yourmother
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2004, 01:53:27 AM »

im having a hard time believing that brain would say that to someone as well as Bucket tossing the msg dvd
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2004, 02:45:35 AM »

Do star jumps while he plays drums??  hihi As for his facial expressions, the cameras barely focus on Brain enough to even see.

Does anyone know if Brain tries to do those "evil"-Matt Sorum style faces?

nope, Ive seen him play a lot but Ive never noticed him trying to make any Matt Sorum faces hihi
he kinda does this thing where he shuts his eyes real hard when he's doing something difficult though Grin

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2004, 03:00:49 AM »

let's get back to the main subject ok?

I will probably shock a lot of people but...

alright after reading that post http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=21130, and that one http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=21119 I am more and more convinced that Brain is a bastard.

After reading this post I'm more convinced YOU are a bastard.

-----------------------------

In the original post on My GNR Forum there's:

Me: Brain, you still with GNR?
Brain: Haha. If they ever pay me
Me: yoyo, What's the deal with Chinese Democracy?
Brain: [he laughs]
Me: Is it coming out anytime soon?
Brain: [rolls eyes] I don't know. I don't really keep up with it.

It lasted about 45 seconds. Just the tone and subtext of his voice made me feel very pessimistic about it.

Just a lie. This conversation would never last 45 seconds... read it as you're talkin with someane, it last 10 fuckin' seconds...

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
DJM
Headliner

Axl Rose is GOD!

« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2004, 05:49:52 AM »

Brain & BucketHead are friends you never know Brain miht just quit

like the tide out on the ocean
the wave's already set in motion
the only one in the game who's lost is you!
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2004, 11:34:29 AM »

Afteral Matt Sorum said he's still banging 18 year olds because of his GnR Days.
Hahahaha, that Matt.

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2004, 12:17:20 PM »

[and actually i dont think that Guns n Roses is a rich band anyway, people need to realise that it is not 91 anymore, axl is/was in a lot of trouble, with management and all.
i heard he eats pasta everyday ?Shocked Shocked Shocked

Yeah, I've heard that Axl is always begging for money 'cause he can't afford to pay for petrol to his Lamborghini. Being in GN'R means a lot of money and it's a good job, 'cause you get the fame and a lot of money and you don't have to bother yourself with touring.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Pinball Wizard
VIP

Hey, Apple!

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2004, 02:04:13 PM »

Of course he's there for the money.......why the fuck wouldn't he be? ?

I agree...and I think is a very good money by the way...

AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2004, 02:09:15 PM »

guys, chill out. brain is good friends with fortus and tommy also!! plus, fortus told me himself he went to see Brain and Buckethead play in NYC the other week. Plus, Fortus, Brain, and Stinson have all worked together on stuff like BT's albums. They are all on good terms. I'm sure they're just waiting on Axl to finish the damn album. Other than that, there's nothing really GNR related going on, which is why they don't obsess about it so much. They know that in the end it's axl's project- they're just along for the ride, if you know what I mean.

Also, they all do get paid a lot of money. That's a major reason why they are in the band, and that's why they do what axl says. Small price to pay for a lot of money, eh? It doesn't mean they don't enjoy playing together in the band!

now you know me better
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2004, 03:18:25 PM »

It doesn't mean they don't enjoy playing together in the band!
Its brought up by people who hate this band or whatever because they want show the world that this band band isnt a real band, etc.
No shit! This band is not the conventional band. But you know what. Look at the facts. The members in this band are good friends. All of them. And not just to Axl, to each other. They are always jamming and hanging out together. Thats a band to me. So yea they are under contract or whatver. But thats more for keeping things tight than anything else. Its obivious that Axl want to make this all a secret until it happens. 

The only member that seems to have little contact with the rest of the band is Pittman.

When things finally get rolling things will change though. People will realize that this is a band. They all are excited about touring. Its all about getting the ball rolling. Once that happens things will change. Its all on Axl. When hes ready as Tommy says..."all hell will break loose."

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: