Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 10:37:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Leno Review Thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Leno Review Thread  (Read 21474 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2004, 01:04:05 AM »

I was only replying to an uninformed post with facts to back it up.
VR is obviously far from "fading"....

fair enough...

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2004, 01:09:08 AM »

Pretty cool.Is itjust me or does scott try to be like axl?
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2004, 01:10:24 AM »

The way they played it at the Weenie Roast is the way they should always play that song.  It was awesome.

http://www.belowempty.com/vr/downloads.php
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2004, 01:10:51 AM »

Pretty cool.Is itjust me or does scott try to be like axl?

It's just you..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2004, 01:13:12 AM »

Slash with the Top Hat just looks so bad ass.

No doubt, he should wear that more often along with his sweet leather jacket with the patches on it.

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
Smoking Guns
Legend

War Damn Eagle

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2004, 01:14:37 AM »

he actually kind of reminds me of Ian Asthbury (sp)(Cult) sometimes.  Like the Weiland is just dying to sing the "yeah's" from She Sells Sacatuary during Slither live.
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2004, 01:28:10 AM »

he actually kind of reminds me of Ian Asthbury (sp)(Cult) sometimes.  Like the Weiland is just dying to sing the "yeah's" from She Sells Sacatuary during Slither live.

The Cult being my favorite band, I've refrained from the Astbury/Weiland comparisons but have seen some similarities.  Ian was actually picked over Weiland and a few others to front the 21st Century Doors..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2004, 02:31:41 AM »

that was the most energetic performance I've ever seen from Scott....which is problably why he was out of breathe and forcing his voice
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2004, 02:44:02 AM »

I think you are a bit confused.......that was the most energetic I've ever seen Scott which is problably why he was out of breathe and his voice sucked. But the energy was unbelievable...except for the crowd in which half of them were over 40 lol. They did give them a really loud applause at the end though.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2004, 02:47:44 AM »

the performance was a lot more energitic than the Letterman one...but the sound was better on letterman. I've watched it over and over on video and on my computer. Trust me there was energy lol
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2004, 02:51:27 AM »

I guess Im missing something, because it was clear to me that Weiland had about twice the energy here than Letterman.  The singing wasnt as good, but he was easily more into this performance.  Throwing the mic stand aside was a cool touch.  And that might have been Slashs best live "Slither" solo yet.  Im disappointed they played "Slither" again - but it was a good performance.

The sound seemed a little off...Scotts vocals were pretty low, and he seemed fairly close to the mic.  Huh

And Im certainly not surprised to see it picked apart by the usual suspects.

Is itjust me or does scott try to be like axl?

Yeah, I mean he dances and sings...what a rip-off!

Feel free to elaborate on your comment, because Im lost...(Scott wasnt even wearing the pilots hat).
« Last Edit: July 17, 2004, 03:03:09 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2004, 03:00:49 AM »

I think it's really dumb when someone criticizes a singer for sounding awful....there's so much that can influence how you are going to sound. like getting over excited and running out of breathe or rehearsing a song 6 times then by the time they perform it their voice is shot. People who criticize that just don't understand..they think there's only one right way to do it and that is exactly like it is on the album but its just not the case.
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2004, 03:08:50 AM »

Why the hell did you have to make 3 seperate posts?  Learn the damned Modify button and what it does.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2004, 03:21:07 AM »

Don't worry about it
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2004, 03:21:52 AM »

Billy Smiley
darkmonth
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2004, 05:31:25 AM »

I just saw the VR performance on Leno.

First off why play SLither again?

That was the most flat performance Ive ever seen.  The way Weiland and the band performed was a friggen joke. Unless it was just the sound, the whole song sounded flat and boring. It sounded as if weiland and the band were just trying to get through their own song. There was no energy and it was dull.

It also seemed as if Weiland couldnt even sing. ANd he ruined the last verse with how he ended the song...What a complete joke that was. How can the #1 rock band play that badly and play the same damn song again? They should have played FTP. Why play the same thing we have been hearing for a few months now.

Im not even trying to be a prick about this, in my opinion it was such a bad performance. The letterman show was much better. HAd more energy to say the least.

You know someone is gonna say it...  MTV Awards... GnR.  All band's have the occassional off day.  Nuff said.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2004, 08:02:00 AM »

They should of played Fall To Pieces

EEEERRRR Little boy
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2004, 11:10:49 AM »

I guess Im missing something, because it was clear to me that Weiland had about twice the energy here than Letterman.  The singing wasnt as good, but he was easily more into this performance.  

Sounds like something that could describe this VMA performance I saw about two years ago which was bashed a lot because the singer didn't sound like he used to in 1987.  hihi

And Im certainly not surprised to see it picked apart by the usual suspects.

Same back at you.

A few posters here will always think VR is cool even though they fuck up while some others will pick on even the smallest negative thing and post it.

I read on other places how they looked bored and Weiland sounded winded. That doesn't sound too good when you're talking about a TV apperance that lasted a few minutes. Wonder if people will be complaining about it two years from now?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2004, 11:44:42 AM »

Sounds like something that could describe this VMA performance I saw about two years ago which was bashed a lot because the singer didn't sound like he used to in 1987.  hihi

Do you really want to make this a VR/GNR/VMA thread?  

And how exactly could it describe it?  Im comparing two VR performances to each other and giving a very clear opinion - Scott sounded better on Letterman and was more energetic on Leno.  Now explain to me the GNR parallel (if thats the the direction youre insistent on going).

I read on other places how they looked bored and Weiland sounded winded. That doesn't sound too good when you're talking about a TV apperance that lasted a few minutes. Wonder if people will be complaining about it two years from now?  hihi

Have you even seen the performance?  

I dont know where the bored thing comes from...Theres really no disputing that Weiland had considerably more energy on Leno than Letterman.  Slash tore through his solo almost flawlessly.  So the boredom/no energy thing is beyond me still.  If anybody can elaborate itd be appreciated.  

As for Weilands singing, it was okay.  Hardly bad.  
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2004, 12:09:16 PM »

Do you really want to make this a VR/GNR/VMA thread?  

No, but GN'R got a lot of shit because their VMA02 wasn't perfect.

See, these things happen to bands who don't dance to a tape and choose to perform live instead.

I hope the people bashing Axl's/GN'R's VMA02 performance would get that. Hey! it's ok, even VR isn't perfect all the time.

That's my point.

Have you even seen the performance?  

Not yet.

But, I did say "I read....."

So the boredom/no energy thing is beyond me still.  If anybody can elaborate itd be appreciated.  

It was mentioned by two people on a GN'R mailinglist that they looked bored, especially Duff.

"I love the VR album, but they sounded weak on Leno. They looked bored and
Weiland was winded."

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: