Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:25:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Says Album Out Late This Year Or Early '05...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Says Album Out Late This Year Or Early '05...  (Read 19364 times)
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2004, 04:05:29 PM »

I'm sure Axl has more than just those 2 cd court cases to settle up. He defiantely has the 2002 court case to finish up and that has nothing to do with Slash and Duff, who knows, there might be even more we dont know about. And personally, I will wait for as long as I need to for this album, because from what I have already heard, the material is awesome. I dont want an album like Contraband, there is not one song on that album that I will be into 2 years from now. It's such a half-ass album, the whole mixing and shit was rushed, I cant even listen to it at full blast b/c it sounds fuckin distorted, it sounds like shit. With all the old GN'R stuff, I still listen to it today, and all the new stuff we've heard, I still listen to today, I barely listen to Contraband and it just came out. I'm glad Axl is taking his time b/c I dont want a half-ass album. I'm glad he's going over this album with a fine tooth comb.

PS: And in reality, it hasnt been 11 years since THIS album has been in the works. Just b/c Matt Sorum said that an album was gonna be out in 1994 doesnt mean it was this one. All the material, with the exception of This I Love, probably didnt even exist back then.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 04:15:10 PM by ChineseBedouins » Logged
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2004, 04:12:29 PM »

Tommy and DIzzy are the best non-political politicians...they have mastered the vague, non-committal answer

No - they just have no idea what's going on Undecided Lol, i'm pretty sure we know more than they do!

How many politicians really know what's going on Wink? Anyway, I'm pretty sure you're right...I doubt they have little contact with anyone associated with the label or anyone else...they're just the players on Axl's magical ride.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2004, 04:24:43 PM »

The actual idea that some of you believe band members know as little as we do is ridiculous. They know all about what exactly is delaying the album, what stage it's at and possible time frames.

What is likely tho, is that they know about as much as us as to exactly when it's gonna be released. You know why? Because nothing has been set yet. Duh!

As for legal actions - We don't know exactly what repurcussions the various legal actions are gonna have on Axl and GNR because we have no clue as to exactly what's gone on. So, to compare VR and Guns N Roses in terms of that is a total nonsense. You're assuming....

@#$%Muther
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2004, 04:42:59 PM »

Everyone talks about these legal issues, they must not be that big a deal because Slash/Duff are also involved in all of them yet they have been able to release a #1 album and tour in that same time span.
Let me ask you a question.

After Slash and Duff left gnr, what major band/album have they put out besides Contraband?

Yea Slash and Duff have done thier solo stuff, but they havnt done anything of significance to the mainstream until VR, which began in what 2003? SO lets relax and stop acting like they have been pro active since leaving gnr...

As for gnrs legal issues. Im sure there is a lot. A lot of shit regarding the old band. The new band, the album, etc. Its a lot.

When this album finally comes out it will be #1 and it will be #1 longer than VR stayed at #1 and you can count on that.

The band knows eveything about the band. If you think otherwise then well.....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2004, 05:29:59 PM »

I think Axl has more legal trouble with the aborted tour and prolly the label than the Duff and Slash case. Thats why he prolly cant tour and/or release da CD. This is just pure speculation based on the fact that Slash and Duff are touring and released a cd.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2004, 07:21:36 PM »

Everytime I read a quote from someone who claims to have some sort of scoop on when the album will drop I just think back to the words spoken by Axl himself back in 1997:

"It'll be done when I say it's done."
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 07:22:49 PM by Kayoss » Logged

Layne420
Rocker

« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2004, 08:31:42 PM »

I guess Mr. Rose is self producing this thing. I find it funny how NIN was suppose to come out this fall but now it is push back til early 2005 Yeah I would agree that this would probably be last big thing that he will do. Now with "hollywood rose" cd that thing is awsome. Yeah it only has 5 orgininal demos but its something offical.   I think Axl must have tried to stop it b/c when you buy the record it comes with a promo card with a band named the numb ones and it says across between VR and Jets  no Smiley.

When there's no more water left
And no more air in our breath
What will this earth be worth?
Do you want war or peace?
Blood for oil greed
Won't feed, won't the hunger our need

FLOW
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #47 on: July 15, 2004, 09:02:15 PM »

Everytime I read a quote from someone who claims to have some sort of scoop on when the album will drop I just think back to the words spoken by Axl himself back in 1997:

When the fuck did Axl say such a thing? (If he ever fucking did)

If All I Knew Was That With You I'd Want Someone To Save Me, It'd Be Enough.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #48 on: July 15, 2004, 10:39:32 PM »

Read the "fucking" post again and open your "fucking" eyes. Shocked

Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #49 on: July 15, 2004, 11:36:55 PM »

Where is a better question

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #50 on: July 16, 2004, 12:15:40 AM »

Right. Now again, where the "fuck" can I verify that information? hihi

Sephiroth Yuppie
Headliner

« Reply #51 on: July 16, 2004, 02:48:53 AM »

IF this album is done...and thats a BIG IF then Axl has a serious choice to make...
Release the album and tour with one less gutairist then the music will require.

Or wait to see if something with Buckethead can be worked out.

Or find someone to play Bucketheads parts on the tour.

Any of those 3 choices have issues with them...Issues Axl has to think about carefully.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #52 on: July 16, 2004, 03:38:27 AM »

Right. Now again, where the "fuck" can I verify that information? hihi

Not "again".  This is the first time you've asked "where".  And if it's that important to you - call up MTV and ask Kurt Loder about it.  He reported it on a news bit in '97.  Best of luck, smartass ok

estranged.1098
« Reply #53 on: July 16, 2004, 06:27:29 AM »

Kayoss,

you're the one acting like a smartass.

Cheers,
Lineker10
Living the life of a pirate in the Dominican Republic
VIP

Dancin' Down On The Sunset Strip

« Reply #54 on: July 16, 2004, 08:20:20 AM »

Wasn't that when Duff and Matt were still in the band - so much for a band democracy.

Riot In Everyone!
Lourenco
Rocker

lourencovc.com

« Reply #55 on: July 16, 2004, 08:45:56 AM »

LAte 2004... believeable...
Early 2005... this is really stupid because we all know big albums don't come out earlier than May... So it will be late 2004 or mid 2005...
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2004, 10:28:37 AM »

Kayoss,

you're the one acting like a smartass.

Cheers,

Oh yeah.
 beer

grumpy young man
Opening Act

Your sense isn't making any...

« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2004, 12:44:02 PM »

Early 2005... this is really stupid because we all know big albums don't come out earlier than May... So it will be late 2004 or mid 2005...

Not that it will come out early in the year (or at all, for that matter) but "big" albums have come out before May....

Soundgarden and NIN both came out in March of '94
Pearl Jam in February '98 and March 2000
Depeche Mode in March '90
NIN's live album in Jan '01
Rage Against the Machine in March of '96

Granted, none of these albums were nearly the event that a new Gn'R CD will be but just because it's not the standard doesn't mean Chinese Democracy won't come out in January, February, March or April.   I find it hard to believe that this is even a factor in the whole scheme of things but if it is, it's likely a low priority.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2004, 12:56:43 PM »

Not that it will come out early in the year (or at all, for that matter) but "big" albums have come out before May....

Soundgarden and NIN both came out in March of '94
Pearl Jam in February '98 and March 2000
Depeche Mode in March '90
NIN's live album in Jan '01
Rage Against the Machine in March of '96

Granted, none of these albums were nearly the event that a new Gn'R CD will be but just because it's not the standard doesn't mean Chinese Democracy won't come out in January, February, March or April.   I find it hard to believe that this is even a factor in the whole scheme of things but if it is, it's likely a low priority.

I wouldn't expect the release of Chinese Democracy to be a major event. IMO, this isn't going to be comprable to the release of the illusions were people line up at midnight to buy it and soundscans 1.5 millioin in the first week. Although the record label needs to make as much money as possible on this album so I think you will see it around the start of the christmas season if at all possible....that will be Geffens target date. If the November date isn't met than there will be a big problem for the band.
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2004, 03:36:49 PM »

When the fuck did Axl say such a thing? (If he ever fucking did)

estranged,

Read your buddy's first response before criticizing me.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: