Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:28:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Tommy Says Album Out Late This Year Or Early '05...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tommy Says Album Out Late This Year Or Early '05...  (Read 19375 times)
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« on: July 15, 2004, 10:41:48 AM »

( GOT IT FROM MYGNRFORUM.COM )

Cultural news roundup

Thursday July 15, 2004
The Guardian

? Tommy Stinson, bassist of Guns N' Roses, has announced that the band's long-awaited comeback album, Chinese Democracy, is "almost done". The album was originally due to appear soon after the collapse of the Axl Rose/Slash line-up in 1996. Stinson, the band's longest-serving member after singer Rose, puts the delay down to "legal and other issues" including "ego management" and the "psychological mindgame" of keeping a large band "simmering but pulling in the same direction". He expects Chinese Democracy to appear late this year or early in 2005.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/news/story/...1261754,00.html
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 10:43:41 AM by RnT » Logged

Crowebar
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2004, 10:49:42 AM »

I thought Dizzy was the longest standing member of GNR after Axl? Huh

I wonder if Stinson will get fired or in shit from Axl for these comments:-

'Stinson puts the delay down to "legal and other issues" including "ego management" and the "psychological mindgame" of keeping a large band "simmering but pulling in the same direction".'

Shocked Roll Eyes
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2004, 10:51:17 AM »

He expects Chinese Democracy to appear late this year or early in 2005.

Expects?? Problem is...he expected the album in 2002, then in 2003, then in 2004, etc. I would like to believe but... Sad

Thanx for the info though.

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2004, 10:51:28 AM »

Ignoring the shoddy journalism of the piece, I'd like to know exactly what he means by "ego management". Sounds like it's difficult to keep all the members happy and focused, and everyone pulling together for the band   Undecided Maybe he's referring to the Buckethead situation?

As for the positives. Yet again someone saying around the end of the year. The label targeting November sounds more and more plausible....  ok

@#$%Muther
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2004, 10:58:54 AM »

Just say if this is true....my guess it would be early 05. Just to make the wait longer. And late this year-early next year gives them 6 months.

Put the fuckin record out once and for all rant

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2004, 11:03:34 AM »

well, I think this band is not togheter.

seems that they don?t "hang out" like friends... did you see any pics of the guys hanging out like normal rockers? is so fucking cool see the old pictures of axl, slash, duff drinking a bear in a bar ... you know ... "news" like that just make me realize that they don?t know shit and they?re not caring if this album will be release tomorrow or in 2007 ... "when they need me, they will call" ... try to say that to your girlfriend, "when you need me, call me, ok? but till then, don?t boder me ... keep doing your stuff ... " you know what you happen, hun?

all of this lead me to think just one think:

Axl will release this monster, could be one, twoo or even three albuns ALREADY RECORDED, but the fact is, he?ll never enter in an estudio again, this could be the last Guns N Roses ride ... and he wanted to be remembered.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 11:07:46 AM by RnT » Logged

Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2004, 11:23:18 AM »

To be honest, what Tommy said about "ego management" and the "psychological mindgame" of keeping a large band "simmering but pulling in the same direction", could have been said by any band member from 1989 onwards. It's just the way it's always been in Guns N' Roses since they became huge.

As for the band never being together RnT. I can see why you might think this way but most bands, unless it's before they become big, spend a lot of time apart. Especially as bands get older and they have many other commitments including families. They don't 'hang out' together. A lot of the time they get together when it's time to record or tour. It's the way it is. You can't go back to when a band was young, and struggling, with few commitments.

So don't feel diheartened by this  ok

@#$%Muther
Dot
Cute and sweet
Banned
Legend

please come back (to the band of hacks)

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 11:24:36 AM »

Toimmy could you at least use words other than the already typical and predictable "Almost Done"?.

Rock N? Roll is the answer!!!
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2004, 11:47:18 AM »

Thanks Renato, but the link didn't worked.

Skeba
Laugh Whore
Legend

Comedy is tragedy plus time

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2004, 11:52:47 AM »

Please post the full link, because like VoodooChild someone said, the link didn't work. Plus from http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/news/ I couldn't find the article. So until I've seen the source myself...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2004, 11:54:46 AM by Skeba » Logged

I've created an atmosphere where I?m a friend first, moderator second. Probably entertainer third.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2004, 11:54:47 AM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/arts/news/story/0,11711,1261754,00.html

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Scabbie
Legend

Time is relative

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2004, 11:58:54 AM »

I have nothing against Tommy however I wish he would keep his mouth shut unless he's got anything concrete to say about Chinese Democracy. All he is doing is fuelling speculation with empty comments like 'Almost Done'.

And its about time someone official gave us some sort of guidelines.

Here today...ready to rock
coondogg
Rocker

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2004, 11:59:35 AM »

Although he may be, I think people are mislead about Tommy being "clueless". The article starts off by saying he has "announced" that it's almost done. That makes it seem like he went to reporters and for no other reason started talking about CD. What probably happened was Tommy is trying to promote his solo cd, but since he is in GNR, and he gets asked the tired old "when is the new cd coming?". Instead of giving a well thought out answer, he gives the automatic "soon", or in this case it's "almost done". Just another way to look at what could be behind the rest of the band giving these generic answers.
Informer4.0
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2004, 12:23:26 PM »

Early 2005......... hihi
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2004, 12:49:09 PM »

It's safe to say that if it doesn't come out in November, or by May (knowing how Axl throws around the word "soon" he probably has an interesting definition of "early"), nobody should expect it to ever come out. I'll still HOPE it someday comes out, but I'll never expect it to after that.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2004, 12:51:29 PM »

Well fuck me... here we go again.

Hey, I got a Buckethead update uh...exclusive. Where do I post it?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
youngerformofaxl
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2004, 01:02:28 PM »

He expects Chinese Democracy to appear late this year or early in 2005.

Yeah meanwhile, the human beings in the room are ready to retire.
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2004, 01:11:01 PM »

Nothing from 2004 except yet another press release about how something that was supposed to happen is no longer going to happen. There is a real shocker in the world of GNR.

Let me guess, 2005 is going to really be the year? We have been hearing this song and dance since 96-97 with nothing to show for it. The only part of the equation that has remained the same in that time frame is Axl, which is why we have no album.

To think it was just a week ago most of the lemmings around here were wetting themselves that CD starts in November....must be nice to live in blissful ignorance like that.
Crowebar
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2004, 01:24:52 PM »

all of this lead me to think just one think:

Axl will release this monster, could be one, twoo or even three albuns ALREADY RECORDED, but the fact is, he?ll never enter in an estudio again, this could be the last Guns N Roses ride ... and he wanted to be remembered.

Axl will record music 'till the day he dies man.  yes

He just may not record as GNR after these next records are released. nervous

Unless there ends up being a full reunion of the original memebers which is still a long-range possibility IMO.

I could see him just going solo after this next big conquering of the world takes place. Less hassle for him.
madagas
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2004, 01:27:50 PM »

Naupis, the whole thing is pure comedy. November my ass...as usual now we are moving in to early 05 then spring then a big summer tour then xmas 05. What a complete joke. Tommy should shut the fuck up or just say " I have absolutely no idea when the album is going to come out-that is Axl's call. In the meantime, I am releasing my own record and touring." Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: