Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 02:34:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Buckethead and Brain show/strange jacket
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Buckethead and Brain show/strange jacket  (Read 9994 times)
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« on: July 12, 2004, 12:21:27 PM »

I went to the knitting factory in LA to see Buckethead and Brain.  
The show kicked so much ass but I saw someone wearing an interesting jacket.  It was a young girl with a leather Geffen Guns n Roses Jacket.  The GnR logo looked like a new one though.  I've never seen it before.  Also, the weird thing is the young girl and the boy that was next to her appeared to have a body guard with them.  

now, on the side of the stage was a door that was kept cracked open.  at one point jack black walked out and hung out on the side of the stage.  At this point I looked at the door and through the crack I could swear I saw Axl's face peek through laughing.  
It looked like his hair was tied back.  It may or may not have been him.  It was really fast.   It was just a very strange night.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2004, 12:22:50 PM by AxlFink » Logged
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2004, 12:56:07 PM »

hm.

can you describe the logo to us?
thanks

about maybe seeing Axl backstage...
it was LA, right?
who knows
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2004, 01:11:54 PM »

Sounds possible, although the girl with the Jacket could be anyone, could be a Geffen employees son and daughter or something. Who knows? Would be an ideal place for Axl and Bucket to meet, neutral ground, maybe talk about the future! Guess we wont know untill we eventually hear an album.

Wonder what Brain thinks about Bucketheads decision to leave?

Jonx
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2004, 01:14:22 PM »

WOW you saw Jack Black...that's awesome!  I can't wait to see that show next week...
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 03:40:24 PM »

perhaps the wooing has begun.

I can't believe that buckethead would be out of this band if the music is as good as purported.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2004, 05:41:06 PM »

Sounds possible, although the girl with the Jacket could be anyone, could be a Geffen employees son and daughter or something. Who knows? Would be an ideal place for Axl and Bucket to meet, neutral ground, maybe talk about the future! Guess we wont know untill we eventually hear an album.

Wonder what Brain thinks about Bucketheads decision to leave?Brain is probably thinking cool that bucket is out,maybe ill get a bigger cut of cash

Jonx

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
Annie
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2004, 06:04:18 PM »

:)Thanks for the cool post, I am going to see Buckethead again this Friday in Chicago and I am very excited because I have a very special gift for him from Japan. It is A DVD limited edition box set of the Japanese animation movie Tamala 2010. The reviewers described it as Hello Kitty on acid and I know that Buckethead will love it. I had alot of fun emailing a guy in Japan to make sure that it would arrive on time and it did!  Good fortune smiled upon me again last night also as I was the Madonna concert and the security people moved me up the 2nd row!  I have had really good concert karma, I was in the front row for 2 GNR concerts and now  Madonna! Madonna was awesome, but The Gnr concerts will always be my favorite! love
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2004, 06:22:00 PM »

I went to the knitting factory in LA to see Buckethead and Brain.  
The show kicked so much ass but I saw someone wearing an interesting jacket.  It was a young girl with a leather Geffen Guns n Roses Jacket.  The GnR logo looked like a new one though.  I've never seen it before.

Can you give anymore details on this new coat?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2004, 07:08:55 PM »

it looked like the new gnr logo (with the chinese writing) on the front with geffen under it and on the back it had a pic that was kinda like the bloody gnr logo on the back of the illusion cds except the writing on them looked different.

annie- bucket took some gifts from people up front at the end of the show so get up front!   one person made a little buckethead doll
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2004, 07:27:27 PM »

I still think Bucket is in the band....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2004, 08:19:30 PM »

So youre youre knowingly in denial? Or do you have information that we dont?
MeanBone
VIP

Portugal Rocks!

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2004, 08:34:53 PM »

i still think buckethead rulez. such a great musician. a great source of inspiration. his cds are amazing Smiley i hope he comes back. he is really needed. Smiley

Chinese Democracy!
Evolution
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2004, 09:31:15 PM »

i would rather Bucket came back than didnt. His appearance is a talking point which generates interest and if GNR are gonna tour on CD his will be needed to play his pieces IMO

I don't feel Robin and Richard can fully 100% pull off what Robin,Richard and Buckethead bring to the table
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2004, 09:42:46 PM »

axl laughing can you believe it lol.i wish i could have seen the show.i do like jack black too,he's funny.

the one an only horsey !
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2004, 09:43:02 PM »

So youre youre knowingly in denial? Or do you have information that we dont?

Maybe that is why he said I THINK.......

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
SlashFan
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2004, 11:29:41 PM »

I don't care if Buckethead is in the band or not.He's a good guitarist but not the greatest.Anyway,there are alot of other guys that can play Buckets parts,well that is if he really even recorded anything with GN'R,guess we'll find out at some point tho. ok
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2004, 12:04:47 AM »

Anyway,there are alot of other guys that can play Buckets parts,well that is if he really even recorded anything with GN'R,guess we'll find out at some point tho.  
Thats not the point. Yea anyone can re record parts or whatver. BUcket was a main component to the band.

As much as people liek to think its just a bunch of hired guns and a bucnh of all star players on axls lil album, you couldnt be more wrong.

Bucket was going to be a key member to the band when things got rolling. He brough so much material and his image put the band in another level. he might be gone, he might now be gone. in the world og gnr and in the world of bucket, its all a mystery....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2004, 12:15:19 AM »

I'm not one for the conspiracy theory shit or rumor wise.......but I just think wouldn't this whole situation be a hilarious if Axl just threw out that Buckethead story to get some more time with Chinese Democracy?  I mean that sounds feasible as in Axl is being rushed by Geffen with a time limit to get this out, Axl doesn't feel the album is ready so he uses Buckethead as a ploy to buy more time to finish the album.  I mean that would also reassure "leaving the door still open for Bucket to return" comment.  I mean personally I have my doubts that Axl Rose (a man who doesn't take kindly to being fucked over) would leave the door open for Bucket after he supposedly used GNR to get a record contract.   Plus Buckethead would gain some momentum for the solo album he released right when the announcement was made via MTV and other media covering the story.  Eh far fetched, but I have my doubts.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Informer4.0
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2004, 12:18:19 AM »

Maybe Jack Black is the new fill in for BH?  hihi
TrueRock&Roll
VIP

Guns N Roses = Best band of all time

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2004, 01:01:58 AM »

I think bucket will be back once the boys go on tour again.  Hopefully things will work out.  buckethead just rocks too much to let go
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: