Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 01, 2024, 08:58:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228141 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Another possible/made up Axl sighting
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Another possible/made up Axl sighting  (Read 11869 times)
coondogg
Rocker

« on: July 09, 2004, 02:53:15 PM »

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but it's from another first time poster and from mygnr. Take that for what's it's worth.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=20528

Posted by CrossofHomicide:

A friend of mine who works for Universal Amphitheater's technical crew was at the Rainbow bar and grill last week with his girlfriend, and they bumped into Axl Rose. He was wearing a Sopranos Hockey Jersey, shades, and it appeared to be the leather hat he had on at the VMA's. Adam (my friend) was smart. He kept his cool and sent his smoking hot redhead girlfriend over. Axl had two folders in front of him and was on a cellphone. She asked the bartender if it was really Axl over there. He said yes and it would be great if she didn't fucking bother him because he barely come in anymore. So she ignores him and goes up to him anyway after waiting for him to get off the phone. She leans over and says "I don't want to bother you, I just wondered if you would tell a lifelong fan if Chinese Democracy is coming out this year." Axl looked up surprised that a girl knew the name of his album. And he said "Well we're going to be touring before that happens. I'm trying to find a new guitarist." She asked if it would be in the US or elsewhere. At this Axl grew alert and asked if she was a journalist. She said no, just a fan. and he seemed to calm down. Then he said "I was waiting for you to ask me about Rio." THen before she could say more he said. "Between me and you and everyone your going to end up telling this to, We're going to complete the leg of the north american tour starting with LA next year. If we can book venues. And you'll see the album when it's done. I hope you have a good night ok?" She knew her exit cue and thanked him, and said she adored Madagascar. Axl said that was very kind of her. And she went back to the bar and to Adam. All of this was told to me on the phone 4 days ago. I had to wait for the administrator to validate my account so I could tell you guys. So forget about some dumb as fuck VR announcement (Go to jail Scott!) This was the coolest thing I heard all year. And seeing as how I had tickets to the show at The Forum in 2002 before the band went batshit again, I am one happy fuckin camper. He just better not blow it again, otherwise GNR is the new Oasis.  

Edit: to add link
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 04:07:05 PM by coondogg » Logged
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2004, 03:05:25 PM »

did this happen recently in the last few days,or awhile ago ?he's very alert to reporters and such that axl.
who knows just maybe it happened.id like to think so,aahhh yes axl is out there among us lol.lurking'

the one an only horsey !
horsey
Legend

axl rockz my world !

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 03:08:54 PM »

i hate to reply again but.it makes axl know he still have fans who know what chinese democracy is all about.it should make him feel good.thats my sweetie pie axl rose'

the one an only horsey !
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2004, 03:52:07 PM »

Hmm, I smell shit, when people are making up rumours they need to be a little more creative, as if he would just spout this shit to people, 'i'm trying to find a new guitarist' haha, what ever

That's a hatrick for Doull
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 04:13:22 PM »

Another person with one post who met axl LOL
I dont believe this.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Nacho Man Randy Salsa
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2004, 04:41:50 PM »

If this is true then it sucks bad.Wait to do a new tour until next year and then release the album?How could he possibly need the rest of 2004?
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2004, 07:24:23 PM »

I hope all is true but "All we need is just a little patience"

EEEERRRR Little boy
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2004, 07:32:10 PM »

Since this is mostly bad news, it's probably true..hehe  

He said They'll tour before the album comes out and the tour will be next year....so if that's the case, you can forget about November   Grin

But yeah, 97.34% chance it's bullshit

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
Jessica
aged 12 years in 12 years
Legend

Still there

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2004, 08:17:51 PM »

Roll Eyes Lips Sealed

Nothing to say
Ignatius
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2004, 08:41:03 PM »

Nah. Bullshit.

Unless GNR guarantees to play half of the songs from Chinese Democracy before the album is released, I don't think any promoter will book them again ( that is of course, big venues)
chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2004, 09:17:11 PM »

It was posted at my(gay)nr, so it's total bullshit. Nothing that's posted over there turns out to be true.

If anyone believes this there is something really wrong with you, because Axl would never tell a random stranger when a tour is going to take place.
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2004, 10:11:27 PM »

If anyone believes this there is something really wrong with you, because Axl would never tell a random stranger when a tour is going to take place.

WHY?

yo go to a bar and Axl is there ... you see him and decide to talk to him, maybe you get an autograph and some good news from him or you?ll be punched in the face.

anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2004, 10:15:55 PM »

I was in the Rainbow that night and Axl definitely didn't talk to any hot redhead.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2004, 10:46:34 PM »

WHY?

yo go to a bar and Axl is there ... you see him and decide to talk to him, maybe you get an autograph and some good news from him or you?ll be punched in the face.

umm, how many times has Axl given real news out to complete strangers? let me see...ummm......yeah thats right never.
estranged.1098
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2004, 10:48:33 PM »

WHY?

You go to a bar and Axl is there... you go ask him about Chinese Democracy and etc... he will tell you exactly what he told everyone in his last letter to the Gn'R fans.
madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2004, 10:54:15 PM »

... umm, how many times has Axl given real news out to complete strangers? let me see...ummm......yeah thats right never.

You've obviously never met Axl before or you would know that he can be quite open when fans start talking to him. At the backstage party after the MSG show, he spoke for quite a while to a group of about six of us, answering questions about everything from the album to the first single to his trip to China. He didn't hesitate with his answers, and he didn't hold back.

As for this particular story about the Rainbow, I don't know if it's true.
But I wouldn't automatically dismiss it.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 10:56:39 PM by madison » Logged

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2004, 11:13:07 PM »

... umm, how many times has Axl given real news out to complete strangers? let me see...ummm......yeah thats right never.

You've obviously never met Axl before or you would know that he can be quite open when fans start talking to him. At the backstage party after the MSG show, he spoke for quite a while to a group of about six of us, answering questions about everything from the album to the first single to his trip to China. He didn't hesitate with his answers, and he didn't hold back.

As for this particular story about the Rainbow, I don't know if it's true.
But I wouldn't automatically dismiss it.

oh please madison stop with the lies. you were never at the backstage party, but even if you were(and we both know how you got in, even if you wont admit it to anyone else *cough*bp*cough*) he wouldnt have told you the name of the first single. so stop trying to bullshit everyone into believeing you know what the first single is. and stop harrassing management, your the reason why we are not getting those questions answered.
madison
Banned
Headliner

'Worrying's a waste of my f*cking time'

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2004, 11:44:46 PM »

oh please madison stop with the lies. you were never at the backstage party, but even if you were(and we both know how you got in, even if you wont admit it to anyone else *cough*bp*cough*) he wouldnt have told you the name of the first single. so stop trying to bullshit everyone into believeing you know what the first single is. and stop harrassing management, your the reason why we are not getting those questions answered.

I was backstage because I was invited - and I can assure you the people who invited me had no links whatsoever to any of the GNR forums.

I've also never lied in any post I've ever written on any GNR forum. In fact, I go out of my way to chase down bogus rumors and correct misinformation when I see it. I think my track record  speaks for itself.

You obviously have personal issues my friend because you were banned from mygnr and we wouldn't unban you when you asked. Move on my friend and live your life.

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2004, 12:04:43 AM »

I was backstage because I was invited - and I can assure you the people who invited me had no links whatsoever to any of the GNR forums.

I've also never lied in any post I've ever written on any GNR forum. In fact, I go out of my way to chase down bogus rumors and correct misinformation when I see it. I think my track record  speaks for itself.

You obviously have personal issues my friend because you were banned from mygnr and we wouldn't unban you when you asked. Move on my friend and live your life.
So, what's the title of the first single?  Huh

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2004, 12:16:57 AM »

ahah bull, i asked for my account to be deleted after you banned me for telling you to stop twisting my words around. And you can tell everyone over at mygaynr whatever you want and maybe they will believe you, but your only telling them lies. If Axl would have told you the first single, and there weas other people there when he said it, it would have been all over the internet the next day. so dont try and tell me that he told you it cause its bullshit.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: