Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 04:18:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Question for those who went to 2002 tour
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question for those who went to 2002 tour  (Read 7595 times)
pilferk
The Riddler
Legend

Marmite Militia, taking over one piece of toast at a time!!!

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2004, 08:25:08 AM »

The Hartford '02 show (the show JUST before MSG) was pretty freaking awesome.  I think they improved a LOT from the start of the tour til then....

Together again,
Gee, it's good to be together again,
I just can't imagine that you've ever been gone
It's not starting over, it's just going on
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2004, 09:31:55 AM »

just a question: did you notice that the band sound so great when you saw them live? The instrumental sound is enormous when I listen to my bootlegs.

My god!! they were fucking great. Axl was flawless in Toronto.  I swear if I could've closed my eyes I would've been able to swear I was listening to the studio recordings really fucking loud!  No shit. best band I have seen live, bar none.

Next best shows -
STP on the Songs from the Vatican Gift Shop tour Detroit
Tool on the Lateralus tour in Hamilton, Ont, Canada
Pantera & Coal Chamber, Detroit (Fuck Yeah!)
Pantera, Slayer, Static X & Morbid Angel, Hamilton Ont. (Fuckin' Right on!!!)

Other bands I have seen,

Poison (they ruled), Skid row & Vince Neil (man he needs to retire) 2002 Toronto Canada
Bush & Veruca Salt, Detroit (ok I guess)
Collective Soul x2 (Terrible)
Matchbox 20 (my god! I payed $8 and it was a waste)
Testament (Crap)
Moist x2 (Canadian band for those who don't know, but they were awesome the singer crowd surfed and walked on top of the crowd, fun stuff)
I mother earth x2 (Canadian)
Our Lady Peace x2 (Canadian)
Tea Party x3 (Canadian, but another fucking great band!)

Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2004, 08:05:28 PM »

I was at Boston, 2002 and I was blown away.  The endless screams in Live and Let Die were unstoppable.  Madagascar gave me goosebumps.  It was an incredible concert.  

The decibel level wasn't bad either which was a pleasant surprise.  I had seen ( Embarrassed ashamed to admit it) Def Leppard in '92 or '93, and I thought my ears would bleed!  Interesting GNR fact from that concert was before the show, the roadies played Coma from start to finish!  Awesome bonus!  Best song that night!  hihi

Also, I loved the edge provided by the synths on Rocket Queen and YCBM Dec., 2002 in Boston. Smiley

-Axl4Prez2004  

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Bill 213
Legend

The buck stops here!

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2004, 08:12:36 PM »

Like I've said before, I was at Philly in Dec of '02 and it was one of the best times of my life.  My friend cancelled on me at the last minute so I went by myself, had a 2 hour crazy train ride to Philly where I got drunk with a bunch of british guys, showed up at the train station to about a line with 300 people in it waiting for a cab (I was unfamiliar with the subway system so I had to pay an off duty limo driver 40 dollars to give me a ride to the fu center)  I showed up, got to watch Cky which I'm a big fan of, stayed till the very end of the riots inside before I finally got booted out then met two awesome chicks on the way out who I went and had a few drinks with and they even drove me back to the Train Station. All in all it was a trip I'll never forget even if GNR didn't show up.  My fav concert of all time!!!!

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2004, 09:49:37 PM »

I was another in attendance at Toronto 2002.....Sound was the best sound I have heard for a live show......Best show I have been to. smoking

Altogether the shows I've saw:

Morbid Angel,Static X,Scrape,Slayer,Pantera - Hamilton,Ontario Canada

Guns N' Roses - Toronto Ontario Canada 2002

Velvet Revolver - Toronto Ontario Canda 2004 - Front row infront of Slash

Damageplan - Toronto Ontario Canada 2004 - Front row infront of Dimebag

But the best was Guns
« Last Edit: July 09, 2004, 09:54:11 PM by AxlRose2003 » Logged

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2004, 10:12:10 PM »

I was at Boston, 2002 and I was blown away.  The endless screams in Live and Let Die were unstoppable.  Madagascar gave me goosebumps.  It was an incredible concert.  

The decibel level wasn't bad either which was a pleasant surprise.  I had seen ( Embarrassed ashamed to admit it) Def Leppard in '92 or '93, and I thought my ears would bleed!  Interesting GNR fact from that concert was before the show, the roadies played Coma from start to finish!  Awesome bonus!  Best song that night!  hihi

Also, I loved the edge provided by the synths on Rocket Queen and YCBM Dec., 2002 in Boston. Smiley

-Axl4Prez2004  

I saw Def Leppard last year, their albums are a bit cheesy but they rock live!

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2004, 03:25:38 PM »

Saw them in London at Docklands in August '02, they were phenomenal, best sound I've heard in ages, well, that and Bowie's sound. They were equally as good.
Evolution
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2004, 07:39:24 PM »

i only own 2002 soundboards and they sounds great so live it must have been indescribable!
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2004, 07:52:36 PM »

I went to Vegas 12-29-01, Boston 12-2, Hartford 12-3. Great shows. Gnr didn't play particularly well in vegas but it's my favorite of the shows because of the intimate environment. The band sounded tremendous each time. I think my appreciation for Silkworms stems from their Vegas performance; you could really hear all different sounds within the rich texture of the song. Much like how Madagascar from Rio wasn't indicative of it's actual richness.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
using my illusions
« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2004, 05:43:07 PM »

yea, i was at the toronto show on Nov 29th as well, and i have mentioned this before, but it was my b-day. the BEST birthday - spent with axl, and 16 thousand  GNR fans. and yea, it sounded amazing. just before the show started, when the lights went out, and the dube was sparked, my buddy turned to me with blood shot eyes and said... "this is going to be amazing" and indeed it was. i was mostly impressed with axl's vocals, very tight. tight like a tiger. all that said - the live era cd was released on nov 29th as well, and i believe that chinese democracy... will also be released on the 29th...that's acctually a monday, so i guess it would be the 30th. eeeeeeeeexcellent...  smoking
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2004, 01:15:17 AM »

I was 6th row in Toronto - It was absolutely mindblowing
« Last Edit: July 13, 2004, 01:15:53 AM by KeVoRkIaN » Logged

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: