Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 06:22:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Question for those who went to 2002 tour
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Question for those who went to 2002 tour  (Read 7611 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: July 08, 2004, 07:33:31 PM »

ok I'm listening to my 2002 audio bootlegs and the sound of the band is absolutely FANTASTIC. I have remastered version. just a question: did you notice that the band sound so great when you saw them live? The instrumental sound is enormous when I listen to my bootlegs.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2004, 07:37:39 PM »

I did. It was the best concert I ever saw. The whole production was amazing.
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2004, 07:44:15 PM »

Yes Leeds 2002 Sound was amazing!!!!!
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2004, 07:51:47 PM »

The band was near perfect on nights like Boston and Leeds. But then at shows like Pittsburgh everyone made mistakes, but they looked like they were having a lot of fun. Wink

SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2004, 07:54:26 PM »

I was at the show in Pittsburgh. Guess I was too tired to notice mistakes since they showed up three hours late.  Cheesy
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2004, 07:56:43 PM »

alright, but can you tell me more about the sound of the band on stage? did you notice the instrumental part sound so great? I have a remastered version of "it's so easy" of boston 2002 and the whole sound of the band is really impressive.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 07:58:51 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Crowebar
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2004, 08:05:32 PM »

I was at the Toronto show and I thought it sounded pretty amazing.  ok
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2004, 08:07:05 PM »

I have the whole remastered show and yes the band does sound great. But you've gotta watch the DVD and see just how much feeling they are all putting into the performance.

chineseblues
Legend

23/11/08

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2004, 08:14:11 PM »

I have the whole remastered show and yes the band does sound great. But you've gotta watch the DVD and see just how much feeling they are all putting into the performance.

you have the DVD of Toronto?
W 23 Axl
Headliner

12/02 - msg show - un fuckin real

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2004, 08:25:20 PM »

I was at Hartford and MSG shows, plus i have some bootlegs...

Well think about it...there are 3 guitarists, 1 bassist, and 2 keyboardists. thats alot of sound to go around. keyboards (synths) can take up alot of sound-scape....so take a song like ISE....maybe dizzy was playing some kinda paddy, atmospheric sound in Em while the band played..just that alone will fill up the sound.

Say a song like SCOM, take the outro for instance....if dizzy and pitman were playing something in Em and throwing in G's and B's and other minor notes that fit in, the sound would be HUGE.....3 guitars plus the synths....it gets pretty massive. don't under-estimate the power of synths.

as far as i know, the only backing tracks/samples they use are for Madagascar, the drum beat...everything else, i'm pretty sure, is played live.

- Greg
W 23 Axl
Headliner

12/02 - msg show - un fuckin real

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2004, 08:26:49 PM »

also, don't forget, when Slash n Izzy/Gilby played, the rhythm guitar was ALWAYS really low...all u really heard was Slash in the main mix...

these 3 guys seemed to be pretty much even in terms of volume.

- Greg
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 09:58:08 PM »

I was at Toronto and London, ON

London confiscated my KFC bucket - they tried to take them all - I don't know why...

The shows were amazing

I saw the classic lineup from steven to dizzy many times.  In these 2 shows GNR looked far better.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
fartinabag
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2004, 12:03:04 AM »

I went to NYC Madison Square Garden show.  The band was on key and really connected with the crowd. BEST FUCKING SHOW EVER.  The crowd was going nuts from the first note and didnt let up.  
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2004, 12:07:01 AM »

Was at the Boston show...the best concert I've ever seen. Upon hearing bootlegs of it, this only reinforced my opinion....I had heard clips of previous shows from the start of the tour that were not as strong, but this was just as the band was heading east and I think really hitting its stride....each guitarist had a distinctive sound and all added to the performance. Brain is a phenomenal drummer, easily on par with Sorum or Adler, And Axl's vocals....stunning, especially on 'Madagascar' and 'The Blues'.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
jbenzz
Rocker

I'm a dolphin

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2004, 12:10:48 AM »

I was at the TORONTO show and I thought it was amazing.  It was the best stadium show that I've seen in my life.  I prefer smaller venues, so I can't say it was the best, but w/e.  I was really impressed with the sound/effects and everything they had going.  I wasn't a huge fan of buckethead cause he has no spark, but Fortus really made up for him and that 180? camera thing they had on the screen was sooo cool.

I'm surprised how many people on this board live at/near toronto.  I've never seen Toronto as much of a GNR city, I'm the only person I've seen with a GNR t-shirt (and I have like 3 so I make up for those who don't).  I didn't even see much, if any, promotion for Greatest Hits in Toronto... Definetly no huge billboards and stuff.

I tell my friends, they never believe me
They think that I've finally lost it completly
christina_rose
Headliner

Axl is my everything

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2004, 01:10:07 AM »

I was at the MSG show. I was about 6 or 7 rows back on the floor. When that first note hit, I just about lost it. Axl and everyone else was on fire all night long. Everything sounded amazing. And it wasn't overbearingly loud either. Like, I didn't walk out with my ears ringing or anything. I never got to see GNR before that show, but I wasn't disappointed in the least bit. I have to say that was by far the best concert I have ever been to in my life. I have it on VHS, but it hardly does the sound justice.

"And those technical delays had nothing to do with my sorry ass"-Axl Rose
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2004, 01:32:01 AM »

I have tickets saying that I went to saying I saw them January 3rd 2003 at the Forum but for some reason I can't remember the show, how I got that 100 dollars and why my ticket wasnt ripped. I guess I was fucked up  smoking  rofl Wink Huh

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
elmaestro
Rocker

Turn loose the swans that drew my poets craft...

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2004, 02:36:37 AM »

I was at the Pukkelpop show, here in Belgium.  It was one hell of an amazing show.  They were all in great form that night: joking on stage, running from from the left side to the right side of the stage, man it was awesome. They even played Rhiad!! Just look at the DVD of the show: the crowd went nuts when they came on... I would love to see them again... soon hihi

The secret of the hanged man.... the smile on his lips...
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2004, 06:38:19 AM »

I was at the Chicago show and I saw the new in up at The Joint in Vegas, both shows. Chicago was mind blowing I have never heard such a great performance from any band. I was disappointed by the bootleg. It lost so much. Everyone was really on there game that night. As for Vegas they were great, difffentatly nervous thou. I was in the 3rd row on the floor there.WOW!!!!!
What can I say. Thats why I love this band!!
Keep up the good work guys!!!

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2004, 06:43:56 AM »

Jizzo, I know it sucks, but thats the way it goes. Feel this, I had tickets to Vegas At Mandolay Bay. I had non refundable Airfare. So I went on a trip that cost me two grand and didn't get to see the band. But I'm not mad at the band. I am mad, but I'm not blaming anyone. I know people who had flown to shows that didn't see them. It the price you pay to be a gnr fan. Most of us new that going in.
The key here is, I can't wait to try it again.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: