Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 12:23:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  The truth about the 2002 tour and philly
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: The truth about the 2002 tour and philly  (Read 8923 times)
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« on: July 07, 2004, 03:30:14 PM »

I know you'll probably think i'm lying but believe me i'm not i have no reason to and i'm a long time member here.

Last night i was at my local pub in Saskatoon saskatchewan canada and I play my set which included sweet child. My good friend just started dating a guy who was on the lighting crew for the 2002 tour. He told me what really happened in philly.

He say MSG was awesome completely Awesome show. and that throughout the show axl had instructed the camera guys to put this hot chick from the crowd up on the big screen. After the show he had asked one of his main security guys to bring this girl to his dressing room. The security guy who's name was tom (something or other I can't remember i was a little drunk) asked someone else to get her. Anyway whoever ended up asking the girl refered to the security dude as tommy... and in the confusion the girl was brought to tommy stinston's dressing room. Apparently it took a lot of convincing to get the girl back stage and when tommy got there he didn't want her around (he's married) so the chick was scetched out and left. When axl got to his room and girl wasn't there he flipped out and told his manager and the security manager (earl) he didn't want to see any of them the next day.
Everyone thought he was joking but the next day axl wasn't around or refused to play and thus the cancelled show.

Clear channel had already been frustrated enough with vancouver.  the poor ticket sales, and then the last philly straw. and cancelled the rest of the tour without permission of axl. Apparently the next day axl went to get into his clear channel personal jet and it wasn't at the airport.

I have no reason to lie.. this is what i was told.

I'm gone for a few weeks so i won't be able to reply

Peace gunners

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
TIPSY
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 03:34:26 PM »

I know you'll probably think i'm lying but believe me i'm not i have no reason to and i'm a long time member here.

Last night i was at my local pub in Saskatoon saskatchewan canada and I play my set which included sweet child. My good friend just started dating a guy who was on the lighting crew for the 2002 tour. He told me what really happened in philly.

He say MSG was awesome completely Awesome show. and that throughout the show axl had instructed the camera guys to put this hot chick from the crowd up on the big screen. After the show he had asked one of his main security guys to bring this girl to his dressing room. The security guy who's name was tom (something or other I can't remember i was a little drunk) asked someone else to get her. Anyway whoever ended up asking the girl refered to the security dude as tommy... and in the confusion the girl was brought to tommy stinston's dressing room. Apparently it took a lot of convincing to get the girl back stage and when tommy got there he didn't want her around (he's married) so the chick was scetched out and left. When axl got to his room and girl wasn't there he flipped out and told his manager and the security manager (earl) he didn't want to see any of them the next day.
Everyone thought he was joking but the next day axl wasn't around or refused to play and thus the cancelled show.

Clear channel had already been frustrated enough with vancouver.  the poor ticket sales, and then the last philly straw. and cancelled the rest of the tour without permission of axl. Apparently the next day axl went to get into his clear channel personal jet and it wasn't at the airport.

I have no reason to lie.. this is what i was told.

I'm gone for a few weeks so i won't be able to reply

Peace gunners

Crashdiet I don't think you lie, but I do think you have been lied to Grin
SOH
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2004, 03:58:57 PM »

If a lowly lighting rig operator knew this, obviously somebody in the media would've gotten win of it, and it would've gotten noticeable press. The Enquirer, for example, would've loved it, and probably would've had a picture of him on the cover with the title "Horny Hothead Rose Bags Tour" above it.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 04:00:41 PM by SOH » Logged
gnrvrrule
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2004, 06:00:49 PM »

I have the MSG video and of all the screen shots I saw, I did not see the same girl more than once.  I think you've been lied to.
Flyguy_1ca
Rocker

"Cursing is for ignorant mother-$#@^&*

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 06:09:28 PM »

I have the MSG video and of all the screen shots I saw, I did not see the same girl more than once.  I think you've been lied to.

Yeah, I have that DVD and I don't recall seeing the same girl a bunch of times.  It also seems like a rather odd reason the whole tour would get cancelled over.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience."
K-Rock
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 06:36:30 PM »

Well holy revelation......

I thought it was because of:

- Axl was watching the Lakers game...or...
- Axl was pissed because a bar would not allow him in with his fur.....or....
- Axl had barricaded himslef in his room having not taken any of his 6 daily injections his brother was responsible for giving him.....or....
- Axl was in his room doing drugs or having sex with Robert Downey Jr....or....
- Axl felt that MSG was as good as it was going to get...or...
- Axl was fed up with the Chickenhead/Birdman fued....or....
- Clear Channel informed Axl that Philly would be the last show due to money loss from the tour therefore Axl decided not to show....or....

I forget the others........anybody??
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 06:38:02 PM by K-Rock » Logged
willow
Legend

AKA Amyl

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 07:07:11 PM »

I don't mean to be an ass but, I think you have been lied too.

Forgive them that tear down my soul,
bless them that they might grow old.
And free them so that they may know,
that it's never too late.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 09:26:44 PM »

This is bullshit and I know that for a fact.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2004, 09:39:44 PM »

You got that right  ok

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
noizzynofuture
Rocker

Spread the Virus

« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2004, 11:42:50 PM »

Ok dave i'll bite, tell us why you know this for a fact as i prepare my fishing boots for your reply
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2004, 11:50:55 PM »

I've learned to trust Dave when it comes 2 defending Mr rose
« Last Edit: July 07, 2004, 11:51:53 PM by Jizzo » Logged

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Butch Français
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 03:11:34 AM »

Beware of Dave and his knowledge of the facts!   Shocked

damn right! hihi

of course there is no us and them, but them they do not think the same
ASTON
Opening Act

« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2004, 03:36:04 AM »

That story is not  true I was there backstage hanging out while Axl talked to people for like an hour and the girl was wearing a  faux fur hat she was with like 3 or 4 girlfreinds.i did see his security get the girl  during the show . But i think once he saw her up close he was no longer interested and he and his crew blew them off and  headed off to the club spa and he wasnt that upset about the  fur situation he just stuck his hand in their face  like whatever and walked away and got into the cab. I think the rumors about watching a laker's game,fighting with bandmember's  was started by the road crew who were upset they were  going home early  from tour. The tour cancellation was all on Clear Channel;  they are the one's who didnt cancel the show  and  they knew that  very morning he cancelled due to sickness. The  riot could have been avoided . ok
« Last Edit: July 08, 2004, 04:18:17 AM by ASTON » Logged
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2004, 11:48:48 AM »

"The tour cancellation was all on Clear Channel;  they are the one's who didnt cancel the show  and  they knew that  very morning he cancelled due to sickness. The  riot could have been avoided."

Hey I've got a bridge in New York for sale, interested? ok
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2004, 12:23:34 PM »

Beware of noonespecial and her bridge of the fake......  Embarrassed (said copycat)
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2004, 12:30:54 PM »

- Axl had barricaded himslef in his room having not taken any of his 6 daily injections his brother was responsible for giving him.....or....
- Clear Channel informed Axl that Philly would be the last show due to money loss from the tour therefore Axl decided not to show....or....

And thats the sad truth - we have had so many 'reason's - at this stage u just got to take ur pick

Quick! To the bandwagon!
pjv3244
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2004, 03:32:15 PM »

You forgot that Axl heard the guy on Howard Stern bash the show, and accuse him of lip synching, so he got pissed and didn't show up in Philadelphia.

---pjv
pjv3244
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2004, 03:33:14 PM »

No, you don't.

--pjv
estranged.1098
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2004, 07:20:15 PM »

It's pretty common to hear people say they know something for a fact, and it's known it's impossible for them to know it for a fact  hihi.
K-Rock
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2004, 08:04:31 PM »

The tour cancellation was all on Clear Channel;  they are the one's who didnt cancel the show  and  they knew that  very morning he cancelled due to sickness. The  riot could have been avoided . ok

Most believable explanation yet.

And dave, you know nothing "for a fact".
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: