Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:17:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Interesting tidbit from book "the band that time forgot"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Interesting tidbit from book "the band that time forgot"  (Read 1549 times)
TIPSY
Banned
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« on: July 05, 2004, 03:15:39 PM »

Last night, I skimmed that book, "The Band that Time Forgot" and I found something very interesting by the author Paul Stenning.

On the page where it says the publishing rights, it says how he tried to get all the GNR members input on the book, but the only one to participate was Steven.  Other people in the GNR circle, like Vicky Hamilton, ex managers, etc., also contributed.

But this is the interesting part and I'll type it verbatim.  It says, "I tried and failed personally to speak to Axl Rose.  It's my belief he does not even know about this book or my interest in contacting him.  If you're reading Axl, then please do and I hope this book sets the record straight".

Who do you think stood in the way of Axl knowing about this book and the author trying to contact him?  I just don't see Axl blowing someone off.  I mean, I would think he would at least acknowledge the person and decline.  Who keeps info from Axl? Huh
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2004, 03:25:27 PM »

I just don't see Axl blowing someone off.  I mean, I would think he would at least acknowledge the person and decline.  Who keeps info from Axl? Huh

He's been blowing people off for nearly 11 years, (with a few minor exceptions along the way) and remaining out of public life
as well.  

What would make this journalist any different than any other that's tried to to get him to submit to any extended interview?

Nothing.  

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: