Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:19:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Behind The Music: GN'R (post your comments here)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Behind The Music: GN'R (post your comments here)  (Read 87602 times)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« Reply #60 on: July 04, 2004, 06:22:54 PM »

Slash was literaly / physically propped up for phot shoots.  they said how someone would be behind him holding him from behind!  Grin

Guns N' Roses... "The Most Dangerous Band In the World"

yeah right hihi
they could barely stand up  rofl

Hello, well you are quite the little quoter aren't you? No harm but Axl Rose was the ego of Gn'R and the mind... he wasn't as screwed up as them all, but he ran the show, and well he ended it.

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #61 on: July 04, 2004, 06:44:30 PM »

Pretty much what I expected, which is to say, not much: mostly blaming Axl for everything tht went wrong during and after UYI. I really think people like Gilby and Matt should shut their fucking traps. Axl gives you guys jobs in the biggest band in the world (and alot of money along with that)at the time and now, all you can possibly do fucking do is trash everything about that era? Also blaming Axl for everyone's substance abuse problems is pretty lame ( He forced me to be an alcoholic because he showed up late to shows?).
Plus side, the Nov. mention, and the fact that ultimately, they said not even VR would overcome the shadow of the original band.

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2004, 07:23:05 PM »

Slash was literaly / physically propped up for phot shoots.  they said how someone would be behind him holding him from behind!  Grin

Guns N' Roses... "The Most Dangerous Band In the World"

yeah right hihi
they could barely stand up  rofl

Hello, well you are quite the little quoter aren't you? No harm but Axl Rose was the ego of Gn'R and the mind... he wasn't as screwed up as them all, but he ran the show, and well he ended it.

i'm sorry... I don't follow  Huh
Axl was the ego of GN'R...
and the mind..?
huh?

he ran the show... well, um... and if he hadn't who would have?  
those guys were not in any condition to handle their own affairs, much less to handle the band's direction.  Ex:  If it was up to them we wouldn't have November Rain!  or Estranged  nervous

Axl ended it?   I disagree... but, hey this is another topic so if you want to make a new thread in Dead Horse we can discuss it there.

back on topic... that really was a wierd was a really wierd comment from Slash about hating Axl  for calling him out at the stones' show.  I mean... um... I don't get it. ? ? ?
EvilSmurf
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2004, 07:46:44 PM »

I actually have a higher opinion of Axl from the BTM. Even though he wasn't there to defend himself, I could see his point of view based on what the other guys were saying. Like Matt's "Uh, what's with the piano?" statement... yeah, not like November Rain and Estranged are almost always in the top 3 songs of any gnr fan's list. What input did Matt have in the creative side of GNR anyway...

It also kinda made me sad seeing all the camarederie they all had back in the days. Even the behind the scenes footage when they came back from the UYI tour showed that all the guys (including Axl) seemed to be in good spirits and were getting along.

I used to subscribe to the "control-freak" characterization of Axl but after watching BTM it seems like I'm more on his side simply because of all the lame potshots people were taking at him, also watching all the clips of his awesome past performances, and it was clearly obvious he and maybe Izzy were the only level-headed guys in the band that weren't messing up their brains on drugs all the time. I did think having a horn section was a little overdoing it, but "what's with the piano?"... gimme a break. The Stones' Exile on Main street has tons of instrumentation on it besides guitar/drum/bass and it's one of the greatest albums I've ever heard. Yeah I'm on the axl bandwagon now...
NOVEMBER 2004!!!!!
badapple81
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2004, 07:58:35 PM »

Matt: "What's up with the piano? It's a rock band"

Why did you accept the job then? I guess $500,000 and the possibility of taking the drum seat in GNR looked to good to be true.

It's just too easy now 10 years later to say things like that.

On a side note. Matt licks Axl balls on the making off November Rain anyway. Why didn't he say something about the piano then???

Well said.. he wasnt complaining when songs like November Rain were making him a mint.

The bitching about the piano and the extras is just more self promotion for the fact that VR are the total opposite.

SlashFan
« Reply #65 on: July 04, 2004, 08:08:09 PM »

and the other post about how he makes the rest of the band out to be wusses is dead on....

how he said he'd be like 'come on... lets go talk to him' and then he'd look behind him and they were gone was funny....
reminded me of Eminem's "my band"   hihi

Yeah,that's what it reminded me of also.I think Matt is a liar and a pussy,he wasn't even a real band member,I mean he was the replacement.Matt always had a big mouth,someone should shut it for him.

Anyway,I think the show was great.I also hope that cd comes in Nov.like they said,guess we'll have to wait and see, peace beer smoking
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #66 on: July 04, 2004, 08:14:22 PM »

well slash would lead y ou to believe the horn section was Axls idea by his bashing, but it was infact slashs idea to have them and the back up singers on tour

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #67 on: July 04, 2004, 08:26:31 PM »

"I thought I'd signed up for this bad ass rock n roll band...what's with the piano?"

The ole keyboards argument.  Yeah, there is a lot of badass music with piano in it out there.  Sorum is a moron and perhaps the luckiest drummer in the world.  

So, I didn't get to see this, I don't have VH1, what performance clips did they show?  Any early stuff?

badapple81
« Reply #68 on: July 04, 2004, 08:32:20 PM »

Im in Australia so havent seen BTM.. maybe someone can help me:

In what context did they say it would be released in November? Who said it? Did they say how they knew?

How would the makers of BTM know anyway?

It does make sense that BTM was pushed back and back until they could give a release time, but again, how would they know? If Axl didnt support the show, he's not going to leak the date to them is he?
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #69 on: July 04, 2004, 08:38:00 PM »

Jarmo posted a link in the Appetite For Colletion section so youze can all download the BTM show:

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=13611

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #70 on: July 04, 2004, 08:39:13 PM »

well slash would lead y ou to believe the horn section was Axls idea by his bashing, but it was infact slashs idea to have them and the back up singers on tour

I've always heard this as well but for the sake of clarification, does anyone have documentation it was in fact Slash's idea?

Hell, as wasted as Slash always seemed to be, maybe he just doesn't remember he was indeed the culprit if in fact he was.

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
badapple81
« Reply #71 on: July 04, 2004, 08:50:11 PM »

Im at work right now, but im fairly certain there is a quote about it in the Axl-bashing Over The Top book.
GypsySoul
C is for cookie, that's good enough for me
Legend

SLAM DUNK!!!

« Reply #72 on: July 04, 2004, 08:59:01 PM »

back on topic... that really was a wierd was a really wierd comment from Slash about hating Axl  for calling him out at the stones' show.  I mean... um... I don't get it. ? ? ?

I had always thought that it was Steven that Axl was referring to when he said that.  confused
But since Slash admits that it was him that Axl was talking about then I'll never forgive Axl for calling him out, too!!! rant   Slash would've been dead years ago and we wouldn't have to listen to all his bullshit lies and whining if Axl didn't force him to quit using.  rant

God chose those whom the world considers absurd to shame the wise (1 Corinthians 1:27)
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2004, 09:04:40 PM »

back on topic... that really was a wierd was a really wierd comment from Slash about hating Axl   for calling him out at the stones' show.  I mean... um... I don't get it. ? ? ?

I thought he was talking about all of them, they were all using heroin at that time, I believe.  I'm sure it was embarrassing though, to have their dirty laundry aired on stage.  Then again, considering the addictive personality that Slash obviously is, addicts hate being called on their addiction.
W 23 Axl
Headliner

12/02 - msg show - un fuckin real

« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2004, 09:21:32 PM »

Wait, i'm confused. i live in nyc, i thought the show was on tonight at midnight???

it came on at noon???

- Greg
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #75 on: July 04, 2004, 10:36:15 PM »

in 1990 did you really expect illusions to sound like they did, my guess is no. Matt Sorum can say whatever he wants, because Matt Sorum saved there ass in 90

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
killingvector
Legend

Bitches leave

« Reply #76 on: July 04, 2004, 10:42:12 PM »

duff's brother matt Mackagon was in the horn section, i would think he and the rest of the musicians had some hand in getting them there.

I find that i'm far more powerful and effective when i can celebrate another's way, rather than to wish to own it.
badapple81
« Reply #77 on: July 04, 2004, 10:43:33 PM »

in 1990 did you really expect illusions to sound like they did, my guess is no. Matt Sorum can say whatever he wants, because Matt Sorum saved there ass in 90

Matt Sorum is not responsible for saving their asses.

Matt Sorum should be grateful, instead of bitching about GN'R having a piano! That piano made him a mint.
badapple81
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2004, 10:45:48 PM »

duff's brother matt Mackagon was in the horn section, i would think he and the rest of the musicians had some hand in getting them there.

Duff's brother is a chick?!  Shocked

The horn section we are referring to is the one used during the 92 leg of the UYI tour, the 976 horn section, which consisted of 3 chicks!
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2004, 10:57:40 PM »

yeah matt wrote november rain,estranged,dont cry,coma,you could be mine,

matt played drums

drummers are replaceable!

they couldve got a session musician to play drums

the drums dont make uyi's sorry!

matts a good drummer but just like his braggin about the cocaine he sniffed
who gives a fuck!

and thats real considerate 2 scott

the last thing a dude recovering needs is someone fuckin talkin about it like matt

i bet scott could taste the cocaine after listening to matts dumb ass
« Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 11:00:22 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: