Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 07:30:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Guns n Roses on the radio in RI
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guns n Roses on the radio in RI  (Read 2076 times)
itsrob
Opening Act

« on: July 03, 2004, 09:46:34 AM »

I live in the Providence, RI area and a radio station that broadcasts from the Providence and Mass border has just announced ROCKSTOCK 2004 for this weekend.  GNR has been announced as one of the performers.  It's a 3 day festival, and all I know for sure is that they have been announce to play, and Metallica is opening the whole festival.
Keep ya posted.
Rob

Edit: New subject.... /jarmo
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 02:04:06 PM by jarmo » Logged
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2004, 10:00:19 AM »

Um, this isn't exactly true.

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily/07-04/07-01-04/c06co679.htm
Ready or not, here comes Rockstock

The Coastin' section of The Standard-Times was founded on the idea of informing the public about fun things that are happening along the SouthCoast for the weekend and beyond. This may be the first time we'll be telling you about a fun event that isn't exactly happening.
 Imagine a concert that would make Woodstock look like an episode of "Captain Kangaroo." Three days of non-stop live rock starring the greatest rock bands of the world ?The Rolling Stones, Van Halen, Kiss, Metallica, Ozzy, U2, ACDC ? even reunions from Led Zeppelin, Guns N' Roses, Motley Crue and more!
 Incredibly, 100.3 KKB's Rockstock is happening right here in South Dartmouth at Leland Sports Arena starting Saturday and will continue for the entire Fourth of July weekend. Well, kinda.
 What's the matter? You haven't heard of Leland Sports Arena in South Dartmouth? That's because it's a part of one of the latest crazes hitting rock radio stations across the nation. Virtual concerts.
 The idea for the fantasy concert, KKB Rockstock, was born over a couple of thin slices of Riccardi's pizza and some Bud Light. What would happen if all of these bands REALLY came here to an imaginary sports arena tucked into the fields of South Dartmouth? What would you see? What would you hear? What would be some of the problems that would arise? Think of the traffic alone! 100.3 KKB's interpretation will be aired this weekend starting Saturday morning at 10.
 Originally, the idea was to have KKB's virtual concert at the now defunct Dartmouth Sports Dome, but the concert plans were quickly shifted when it was discovered that there actually was a concert scheduled at the site later this summer. It was decided that the concert will be held at a completely fictitious stadium at the intersection of two roads that never meet. Think of it as the "Field of Dreams" for rock concerts.
 So why am I letting the cat out of the bag? Because at the end of the day, the ultimate goal of KKB Rockstock is not to deceive ?it is to entertain. And if you are a fan of live music, this weekend is guaranteed to deliver.
 I recently read in Ted Williams' latest biography that he would frequently walk into a Walgreen's and playfully spread a rumor about an alligator on the loose. His game would be to see how long it would take before the rumor came full circle and someone told him about the alligator story. That might be a fun game to play with KKB Rockstock over the holiday weekend! Hey, there you go! I gave you something fun to do this weekend!

Michael Rock can be heard weekdays immediately following the Howard Stern Show on 100.3 KKB.

This story appeared on Page C6 of The Standard-Times on July 1, 2004
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2004, 10:01:47 AM »

I live in RI too, but don't listen to radio much, so haven't heard this.

A- are you sure their not cover bands?  

B- what radio station?  I'll call them and ask for more info.

Thx

edit- ahhhh...thanks Adz....that's actually refreshing lol  Wink It had to be something fucked up like this  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: July 03, 2004, 10:06:41 AM by LittleFly » Logged

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
itsrob
Opening Act

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2004, 10:13:50 AM »

anyone in RI or MASS can here the whole show broadcast live on 100.3 WKKB. It's no JOKE!!! Metallica is on the frickin radio right now.  I will do my best to record it all!!!!
itsrob
Opening Act

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 10:17:34 AM »

wait a minute.  it's a virtual concert.  is this whole thing fake.  I think so.
Malcolm
Legend

You're In The Jungle Toronto,You're Gonna Dieee

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 01:32:47 PM »

This is the biggest Lie i have ever seen in my whole life.

I Dont Want To Change The World,I Dont Want The World To Change Me
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2004, 01:35:04 AM »

I dont think its a bad concept how often do you hear good live tracks. I would listen it, by the sounds of it they might be playing some new Guns N Roses live tracks "Re-union of GnR" I think its a cool concept if you are outside doing something to just let the radio ring.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: