Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 07:32:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  STUDIO CUTS: Let's talk about them!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: STUDIO CUTS: Let's talk about them!  (Read 16036 times)
ccorn69
VIP

Dreaming and waiting

« Reply #40 on: September 03, 2004, 09:34:03 PM »

dude this is to hard to judge because the clips of the songs are to short, but i do think it will be an amazing record

Thats not Stardust on my feet...
Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #41 on: September 03, 2004, 09:44:33 PM »

People, get serious. I've heard this ad before. All you can listen to is 2 maybe 3 seconds of each song.

If you can see an AWESOME production from 3 seconds then maybe you shouldn't be in the music industry cause then every band would send you their best 3 seconds and you'd be signing them a record deal...

The reason we are getting so worked up about this, is because we HAVE heard each of the songs in full... Even though we've only heard them live, we know how the songs sound... And when we hear a short clip of the studio version, we can tell how amazing it will be, just because we  know how much better studio cuts are....

It not like its a 3 second clip from a song we've never heard b4...?If it was we'd be like ''what the fuck is that??'' Tongue 
Mike_Coen
Opening Act

Here Today...

« Reply #42 on: September 03, 2004, 10:37:39 PM »

The Studiocut is amazing, Axl's Voice it's awesome, i can't wait to hear the final versions of the songs.  Grin Grin

Quote from: Booker Floyd on July 03, 2004, 12:08:56 AM

Am I the only one who finds this in-depth discussion of three 2-and-a-half to 6-second clips of questionable origin laughable? 

No your not the only one

Lips Sealed Lips Sealed
N.I.B
God of Thunder
VIP

Roooowwwwwwrrrrr! Rooowwwwooorrrroorr! Rwwwwaaarr!

« Reply #43 on: September 03, 2004, 10:47:23 PM »

People, get serious. I've heard this ad before. All you can listen to is 2 maybe 3 seconds of each song.

If you can see an AWESOME production from 3 seconds then maybe you shouldn't be in the music industry cause then every band would send you their best 3 seconds and you'd be signing them a record deal...

The reason we are getting so worked up about this, is because we HAVE heard each of the songs in full... Even though we've only heard them live, we know how the songs sound... And when we hear a short clip of the studio version, we can tell how amazing it will be, just because we? know how much better studio cuts are....

It not like its a 3 second clip from a song we've never heard b4...?If it was we'd be like ''what the fuck is that??'' Tongue?

True Enough.

It's not easy being furry...ever had dandruff on your crotch?
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2004, 05:48:13 AM »

Well, if you feel that you can judge a 3-4 seconds clip then I won't talk anymore...

SON OF A PREACHER
Rocker

Dec 31 2004. Last chance !

« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2004, 07:04:13 AM »

Well, if you feel that you can judge a 3-4 seconds clip then I won't talk anymore...

20 secs clip.
Negative Creep;-)

if chidem is not here by new years's eve.I will KILL myself.
Christos AG
Taxi Rider
HTGTH Crew
Legend

Been there, done that...

« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2004, 07:09:17 AM »

20 secs clip.
Negative Creep;-)

Oh, could you please enlighten us humble humans where to find a 20 second clip of the studio version of madagascar or the blues?

Loaded NightraiN
17.5% Alcohol By Volume
Legend

« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2004, 08:52:51 AM »

Well the clips are only 3-4 seconds a piece... I think its jyst because the clip that was made was a total of 20 seconds...

just wish we had more
YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #48 on: November 08, 2004, 01:13:39 AM »

The link is down anyone else know where I can listen to it?

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
SADIS
« Reply #49 on: November 08, 2004, 06:38:57 AM »

Yeah, the link seems to be down. Is there anybody who wants to mail it to me, or knows where I can find it online?
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #50 on: November 08, 2004, 11:17:52 AM »

Try here, it works (click right save as...): http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/studiocuts.mp3

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2004, 11:29:59 AM »

I can't see how anyone can confidently say that those are studio cuts. There are literaly 3 second clips of each tune, for someone to tell me that they can pickup "Studio Sounds" from that short a sample is full of shit. I'd be willing to wager heavily that those are touched up Soundboards, but then again, I can't even be sure of that with what little we have to work with in that promo.

I just can't wait till we can compare the album against that promo, of course I've been waiting two years for that so who knows.
mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2004, 11:32:54 AM »

I think I'll wait until I'm old n grey to talk about the studio tracks when I get to hold the album on my death bed,,
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #53 on: November 08, 2004, 12:07:37 PM »

I don?t think they?re for album but Maybe studio cuts just for CM.

I'm old n grey to talk about the studio tracks when I get to hold the album on my death bed,,
Corblimy!!! I didn?t know you were that old and dying in half a year or so? Cry

Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #54 on: November 08, 2004, 12:35:15 PM »

I can't see how anyone can confidently say that those are studio cuts. There are literaly 3 second clips of each tune, for someone to tell me that they can pickup "Studio Sounds" from that short a sample is full of shit. I'd be willing to wager heavily that those are touched up Soundboards, but then again, I can't even be sure of that with what little we have to work with in that promo.

I just can't wait till we can compare the album against that promo, of course I've been waiting two years for that so who knows.
Soundboards? Ha!
How can you explain that the outro solo (by Fortus) was played for the first time live in Tacoma, AFTER the radios aired the promo?
How can you explain Axl's voice, way better than any other soundboard and with some effects?
How can you explain the sound of Finck's guitar in the CD opening riff?
I think you're full of shit. I can tell you for sure that those clips are from studio.  Why the hell is so hard to people accept this? It's like "oh, he didn't release anything anymore, so he couldn't put studiocuts - he didn't have anything recorded by that time".  no

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #55 on: November 08, 2004, 03:52:29 PM »

I don?t think they?re for album but Maybe studio cuts just for CM.

I'm old n grey to talk about the studio tracks when I get to hold the album on my death bed,,
Corblimy!!! I didn?t know you were that old and dying in half a year or so? Cry

I'm 89, and growing weak, cd was keeping me going, I have until february.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #56 on: November 08, 2004, 04:11:05 PM »

I made studioworks, and I perfectly recognize a studio work, a studio sound. The sound is like "packed", this is studio work. listen to the intro riff of "chinese democracy" (the song). It sounds  definitely studio.

oneway23
VIP

I've asphyxiated waiting...

« Reply #57 on: November 08, 2004, 06:30:23 PM »

re-visiting this discussion doesn't serve to erase time...it's only a reminder of how much time has actually moved forward as we come upon the 2 year anniversary of MSG.....Guys, really, it's still the same clip...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2004, 07:53:32 PM »

on Madagascar you can hear that the guitars are doubled, a kind of "wall of sound". You can hear different levels in the guitar sound, like a superposition of different guitar works, and a strong orchestration on the rythmic part. The voice is perfectly mixed (same in the blues). I know it could be difficult to understand for most of people. Myself I wouldn't have undestood that if I hadn't done studio sessions.

YouCouldBeMine
Rocker

Nirvana Sucks

« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2004, 10:20:46 PM »

This is like sex for my ears  ok

"Get your ass inside right now and do what your mother says!"
"She's not my mother, Todd!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: