Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 05:26:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  STUDIO CUTS: Let's talk about them!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: STUDIO CUTS: Let's talk about them!  (Read 15977 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: July 02, 2004, 04:42:01 PM »

Alright, I've decided to create a topic to discuss the Studio Cuts of the album "Chinese Democracy" used in the Boston radio promo. I think we (nearly) all know them and already heard them. You can hear it here: http://www.newgnr.com/dloads/studiocuts.mp3

Here is what I think:

The production
The whole production seems enormous. I have noticed that the sound is very impressive. Like a storm. This is very powerfull. It seems to be a fantastic Studio Work.

The extracts of the 3 songs
- "Chinese Democracy" (the song): great open guitar riff. that song sounds much better than any Live Bootlegs. Could be an ok song. ?
- "Madagascar": The studio song seems to sound phenomenal Shocked. That song contains Orchestra like "November Rain". Strong Orchestra. great Axl voice. the whole guitar parts sounds awesome too. The mix is perfect. The entire studio version may be a future classic. Time will tell.
- "The Blues": GREAT Axl's voice. Once again, the studio version could be wonderfull.

Now Let's give your opinion.  ok
« Last Edit: November 08, 2004, 11:21:07 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
99 Problems
Opening Act

Duuuuurrrrr

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 04:47:00 PM »

sorry but hearing 2 second sound clips of a song doesn't exactly give me any ground to judge it.
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 05:00:17 PM »

Where can you hear them at?

mamaneverlovedme
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 05:10:59 PM »

ya dude why am i the last to know everything??

ive never heard this allthough i dont live in the boston area and i work all day and have other things to do my internet time is very limited.

how can i hear it.

and to the 5 second clip guy, ive been waiting 10 years for these 5 second clips so ill takes what i can gets.  Wink
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 06:04:36 PM »

It's 20 seconds. You can hear the studio cuts here: http://www.newgnr.com/newgnr.html (Multim?dia--->audio--->Studio Clips)
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 06:06:08 PM by nesquick » Logged

F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 06:11:45 PM »

I agree with what was said about not being able to judge 2 second clips.....But what is heard has very powerful production.

Man I am sick of talking about these studio cuts.....Just because it makes me hungry for more.

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
justynius
Rocker

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 06:16:06 PM »

Does anyone know for a fact that these are definitely studio cuts? Considering how short they are, it is pretty difficult to say without a doubt that they're not soundboards. There's still more than half of the soundboards unaccounted for, and NONE of them were stolen until after the commercial would have already been made. In addition, "The Blues" clip sounds a whole lot like the Vegas performance.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2004, 06:41:20 PM »

Trust me. This is studio.
I know how things sound in studio because I've made studio work. I perfectly know and recognize a studio sound. LIsten very carrefully to Madagascar and you'll hear that it's studio recording. the mix is perfect. you can even hear the orchestra. all is "clean". same for the guitar riff of "chinese democracy". the sound is a studio one. It's too clean not to be studio work.

GNRisAFD
Headliner

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2004, 06:43:51 PM »

Wow!

That is of epic proportions. The man is talented like no other, i just wish he'd release the damn thing because he has nothing to worry about on the music side of things.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2004, 06:46:56 PM »

Wow!

That is of epic proportions. The man is talented like no other, i just wish he'd release the damn thing because he has nothing to worry about on the music side of things.
Are you talking about the studio cuts?

nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2004, 06:58:37 PM »

oh yeah another thing: an the end of "The Blues" the drums sounds exactly like the end of "November Rain". This is the same work. Close to the drums work in the song "we will rock you" do you see it?
something like "tic-tic tac. tic-tic tac". 2 times, 1 time. 2 times, 1 time. Listen to it carefully you'll hear it. Then listen to the 2nd part of November Rain: this is the same  Wink
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 07:04:58 PM by nesquick » Logged

GNRisAFD
Headliner

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2004, 07:12:06 PM »

Nesquick,

Yeah i'm referring to the studio cut, the vibe i pick up off the clip is "classic".
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2004, 07:23:34 PM »

I have the same feeling than you. the same vibe. It's difficult to explain but I feel inside me that it's something amazing. THE SOUND (even 20 seconds) is really big.  well it cost 13 million $$$ so yeah the production must be enormous  Wink
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 07:24:56 PM by nesquick » Logged

AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2004, 07:27:55 PM »

I listened to that back again for the first time in a long while, I got very nostalgic for 2002..
mamaneverlovedme
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2004, 07:59:54 PM »

what a crock!!!

maybe im a huge asshole but this is the first ive heard it.

i jumped to the conclusion that before checking the site it was 20 seconds of eatch song... huge disapointment.

(dont get me wrong the songs are not the disapointment, rather the legnth of eatch.)

was like 1/2 second promo of eatch i had to hear like thirty times before i got the picture.

this makes me mad at most, this shit is obviously done why doesnt he just release it before hes 80 years old and tours in a wheelchair.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2004, 09:03:40 PM »

Yeah Axl voice sound very good on the promo cuts

EEEERRRR Little boy
badapple81
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2004, 10:28:18 PM »

The couple of seconds of Madagascar gave me goosebumps. Axl's classic voice on the song sounded unbelievable. I hope a full version will be on the album.

Those opening notes to Chinese Democracy sounded much cooler, but I honestly don't care for that song at all.
99 Problems
Opening Act

Duuuuurrrrr

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2004, 10:36:28 PM »

And another thing to take into account, these little clips could be nothing but mere demo's so that's why it's safe not to base any assumptions on this compared to the final product.
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2004, 10:58:56 PM »

I've listened to them at super-volume tons of times, and if this is what the album will sound like, I can't wait. Here's my opinion:

Chinese Democracy
I love how the guitar intro is toned down, then it blasts into the song. The production values here impress me the most. It sounds *just* like the live version, which is fantastic, and the entire vibe of the song just sounds kickass. This song will become really, really popular, IMO.

Madagascar
I love the "whining" guitars you can hear, and Axl's voice is super. There seems to be a very 'November Rain' aura around it, with orchestral pieces in the back, and the drum's/drum loop sounds really good. This is the song I want to hear the most (studio version).

The Blues
Axl does the "woah-oh-oh-oh" like he does in the Vegas version, a definite plus. The shredding seems to be a primary focus under Axl's voice, which really accentuates the end of the song. Awesome.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2004, 12:08:56 AM »

I cant decide which production nuance I appreciate more - the announcers voice or the crowd noise...

confused

Am I the only one who finds this in-depth discussion of three 2-and-a-half to 6-second clips of questionable origin laughable?  

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: