Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2024, 05:36:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228530 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  VR's next album and "Loving The Alien"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: VR's next album and "Loving The Alien"  (Read 4866 times)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« on: July 02, 2004, 03:38:35 PM »

I know it is premature to think about the next album by them, it took them what? June - December to complete the album? (mastering it)

How long do you guys think this tour will last and when will the next material be written you think? I hope we get another album by the end of next year man... rock on! They recorded 15 tracks I suppose, I know they have more demos, or even completed songs they left off, so the next album shouldn't be 5 years away ya know?  rofl
 Grin

What in the hell is the deal with people putting down Loving The Alien? I think it is the most emotional song on the album, and you can't disagree really. From Scott's point of view it WAS the most emotional and toughest song for him to ever sing.

People have been also saying how the song sounds country like, I don't know where they get that. It is a perfect example of a new ballad that people will like. I like it a lot it is in my top 3. Like I'll be alright on the Survivor game we're playing until about round 6 then I'll go crazy. I mean there are a lot of good songs. Only 5 songs stand out as truly classical. (Only means that is a lot of songs) peace

Fall To Pieces
Slither
You Got No Right
Loving The Alien
Headspace

What do you guys think?

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
badobsession81
Rocker

Forgive them that tear down your soul

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 08:27:21 PM »

YGNR and Lovin The Alien are real stand outs for sure!

Fall to pieces is lovely, but doesnt quite do it as much as those two for me. although i understand why its more single material. Altho, YGNR could be a single i think. i have one criticism with most of the songs that stops em being excellent (all very very good tho!) and thats the repeated choruses at the end of nearly every god damn song. rarely is there a bridge or outro section at the end! Just double, even triple choruses!! so thats the only gripe with fall to pieces - get as far as the solo and its a classic. then its just choruse all the way to the end!! argh!

The rockers are all very good, but my favs change every day. digging spectacle at the mo - cool rhythms in the solo/instrumental section. nice drumming!
superhuman rocks too.
suckertrain is instantly likeable,
illegal i is cool in the breakdown section
um, headspace, good.
not that keen on big machine - a little cliche/cheesy for me lyrically. seems a bit dumb, but nice music!

bob

Back In Power
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 08:47:17 PM »

Fall To Pieces needs more verses and less choruses... agree guys?

But don't damn me
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 09:26:27 PM »

Yeah Loving The Alien rulez and YGNR and Fall To Pieces is great but yeah less chorus lol

EEEERRRR Little boy
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2004, 12:04:12 AM »

Fall To Pieces needs more verses and less choruses... agree guys?

Definitely agree...

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
metallex78
Legend

vicarious existance is a fucking waste of time

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2004, 12:30:56 AM »

I'm really looking forward to VR's next album if Contraband is anything to go by.
The band will have clicked more thanks to time on the road and time together, so I think we'll see the real gems on the next album.

Loving The Alien is great, it has a real Pink Floyd vibe to it and I really like that.

My other favs on Contraband are:

Do It For The Kids Fucking awesome song, probably my favourite on there. Went too fast, I'm outta luck and I DON'T EVEN GIVE A FUCK!
I love it!!!! beer

Illegal I Song If you're still a bit iffy about this song, just tune into listening to the awesome drumming in it, and if you still don't like it, well... get fucked then! (just kidding) Grin

Spectacle Such a huge rocker, it reminds me of Queens Of The Stone Age in parts, and the whole song has such an urgency to it, and Slash's understated solo is one of the most memorable on the album.

I don't understand this whole "Scott repeats the choruses too much" crap either. Just listen to the songs, don't count how many times he repeats words. I haven't found any of the lyrical verse/chorus patterns to be annoying or overdone.

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2007!!!
23 June Sydney @ Acer Arena
24 June Sydney @ Acer Arena

Guns N' Fuckin Roses - Aussie Tour 2013!!!
17 March Melbourne @ Sidney Myer Music Bowl
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2004, 03:28:29 AM »

WE WILL NOT BE SEEING a VR new album for atleast 12 months. They will be touring Europe and then another state tour, then maybe an Asia tour. With their second single coming out FTP, it most likely will  catch on and be there single for 8-12 weeks. THey will most likely release a third single after that. After the third single and touring should bring them to December. If they go back into the studio in January ish A new album could at the earliest come out next summer. Thats just my opinion but they are gonna be pushing Contrband for awhile. Look at Audioslave. smoking

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
oldirtymike420
Headliner

Your just a double talkin jive mother fucker!!

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 11:38:47 AM »

LTA is fuckin GREAT.  I have had two teenyboppers say that they really like the song after hearing the whole album, so i think it would be perfect for the 4th single.  It has emotion and slashes guitar with scotts lyrics is amazing. peace
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2004, 11:50:25 AM »

Look at Audioslave. smoking

Yeah man whell their album burned out, they waited too long...

After so long they just made up singles  drool

But don't damn me
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2004, 04:30:11 PM »

It will be atleast 2006 till VR release a new album - and thats optimistic, they will be touring for quite some time

What in the hell is the deal with people putting down Loving The Alien?

What?

I haven't seen anyone say anything bad about the song

But they should - its a travesty, utter rubbish and a mark on a fantastic album - the mark of a great lyricist is if they can write that kind of song and have it still sound cool - LTA is weak, each time i hear it i feel like screaming 'for god's sake man pull yourself together!'

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2004, 04:43:14 PM »

I haven't seen anyone say anything bad about the song

Well, I have. I've seen people say "that song is too gay" a few times. Check out GNROSAS review for one example.

But they should - its a travesty, utter rubbish and a mark on a fantastic album - the mark of a great lyricist is if they can write that kind of song and have it still sound cool - LTA is weak, each time i hear it i feel like screaming 'for god's sake man pull yourself together!'

That's your own fucking opinion.

LTA is a great song!! Angry

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
Thorned Rose
Legend

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2004, 09:36:47 PM »

Yeah man "Loving the Alien" is a fine song.

I don't know why people want to diss it. There is nothing wrong with it. I think it is an experiemental song. I don't see any problem with the song.

I do wish the solo was a little more extended but guess it will do fine.

But don't damn me
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2004, 12:57:23 AM »

LTA is pretty good song. I dont know if it will be 2006 for a new album but that sounds pretty honest. As for Audioslave burning out? I don't know I have their album and think I listened to it once because they are all over the radio and I dont need to put their cd in. I dont think they are making singles up. Do you think VR will have this kind of stamina with 5 widly played radio singles?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Captain Obvious
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2004, 02:34:38 AM »

That's your own fucking opinion.

Ya, who else's opinion would it be?

LTA is a great song!! Angry

And I suppose this is some sort of fact?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: