Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:34:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  How do you think Axl will sound in CD?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How do you think Axl will sound in CD?  (Read 3275 times)
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« on: July 02, 2004, 01:34:10 AM »

I can't seem to get my head around to it. If you ever heard the boston radio promo of the 2002 tour, you can hear some old school Axl on the new songs. I was shocked when I heard that little bit from Madagascar (apparently studio version),but then live, he sounds way different. I don't know when, but at some point his voice changed drastically. It had to be between 1998/99 (he sounds perfect on the Live Era re-records) and late 2000..., I mean, his voice was already the 'cleaner' one in RIR 3.

Anyway, my 2 cents.
 beer

If All I Knew Was That With You I'd Want Someone To Save Me, It'd Be Enough.
SlashFan
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 03:42:58 AM »

I think Axl will sound like Axl hihi
shaun
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2004, 05:03:00 AM »

I think Axl will sound like Axl hihi

That gets my vote  ok

----------------
I never knew Axl was a programmer  Wink
http://www.mygnr.com/album/ChineseDemocracy.html

Why is Here Today Gone To Hell such a slow site?
This Message board is so slow. It takes forever to login and even longer to change pages and longer still for the little images to appear??? - and i have a high speed conection to boot  beer
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2004, 07:38:32 AM »

I think Axl just sings that way live b/c it puts no pressure on his voice. He can sing night after night without having to worry about blowing out his voice. It's just easier to sing that way then they way he used to sing live. I think that Axl will sound the same as he's always sounded on the record.
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 09:00:54 AM »

I think Axl just sings that way live b/c it puts no pressure on his voice. He can sing night after night without having to worry about blowing out his voice. It's just easier to sing that way then they way he used to sing live. I think that Axl will sound the same as he's always sounded on the record.

Good point...

If All I Knew Was That With You I'd Want Someone To Save Me, It'd Be Enough.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 09:27:33 AM »

If those promos were studio versions of the new songs, there is absolutely nothing to worry about regarding Axls voice on the album.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Naupis
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 09:51:11 AM »

He'll sound like he did in 1987. He will be able to sing with the rasp if he wants in spots because he can sing the damn note 500 times until he gets it perfect the way he wants. His voice is higher now, but he can still hit the growl if he wants. Even if its only a little per day, that is all he really has to get accomplished until a song is done. That is the beauty of the studio. I would argue it will be his live voice, and not the studio, that will struggle next tour. The studio album will sound perfect, even on the meaner agressive songs he was having trouble hitting consistently on the 02 tour, but as we know he seems to struggle to recapture that on a nightly basis. I have zero doubts about how his voice will sound on the record, computers are a beautiful thing.
Dont Try Me
Life Without You
Legend

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2004, 10:36:28 AM »

I think that maybe a problem is that it is realy difficult to choose between the "two voices" . I mean...if many of the new songs have the new voice, then Axl can't do the rasp thing too many times because in the end it would ruin his new vocals.

That would cause that he cannot sing some of the new songs anymore and it would change the setlist dramatically. I think that is one of the reasons why it's taking so long to release CD. The song selection. If he chooses to rip out his voice......then you won't see as many high cords songs on CD. Cause in the end it's really difficult to do both on a proper way.

What he also could do is that he changes his singing style to the old one when he is touring again. hmmm anyways. I bet the album will be awesome  beer

Guns N' Roses - Dessel (Graspop)- 24 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Rotterdam - 4 juni 2012
Guns N' Roses - Arnhem - 3 oktober 2010 - amazing!!!
Guns N' Roses - Nijmegen - 2 july 2006 - kickass!!!
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2004, 11:18:20 AM »

I agree with Slash Rose!

EEEERRRR Little boy
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2004, 03:48:48 PM »

When I read the first post in this topic I went out of my way and listened to the studio cuts of the songs from Chinese Democracy again.
All I have to say is,if you listen closely he still has the new voice.....If you listen to The Blues ending live and then the same part on the studio cuts it sounds like he is using very little effects on his voice(unlike Oh My God)and for that I a very thankful for that as it will sound more natural. smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2004, 04:18:50 PM »

the studio cuts sound great! it seems the production of the album "Chinese Democracy" is absolutely enormous.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2004, 04:19:22 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2004, 04:29:20 PM »

I would imagine he will sound like he does on 'Oh My God', which is fantastic, but it will just be without that filter that sounds like he's singing on the phone (I'm sure some of you know what I mean).

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Gunner80
ohh..My somber smile
Legend

A delivery boy from the past

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2004, 04:46:33 PM »

Hopefully Great.  I mean he should right? after eight years in the studio.

The Rolling Stones, greatest Rock N' Roll band ever, period!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: