Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 04, 2024, 10:21:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  No new album: Axl Rose is fed up with celebrity
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: No new album: Axl Rose is fed up with celebrity  (Read 3331 times)
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« on: June 29, 2004, 06:08:28 PM »

Axl is just fed up with celebrity, after beeing one of the biggest Rockstar in History, a legendary Rock n' Roll icon, after having sold over 85 million records worldwide with Guns n' Roses, now He just wants to live a normal life in his 40's. Axl doesn't bear celebrity anymore. Too much pressure, too much criticisms, too much media attention and too much constraints. He already lived under the spotlights but he couldn't bear to be once again under them anymore.
The album (Chinese democracy) may be done. 1 or 2 other albums may be done too. But they won't be released for the public, for the media, for all of us because Axl doesn't want to show his new material to the public. If he does, he will be judged and he will return to the celebrity spotlight.

Axl just wants peace, a woman, a family and that's it. He has enough money for a long long time. He is a 40 years old very rich man, he succeeded, alright, now he just wants to live a normal life.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 06:21:42 PM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
Dizzy
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 06:12:38 PM »

Even if Axl Rose never recorded or released another shred of music, he will still never live a normal life and he will be a celebrity until the day he dies.
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 06:15:58 PM »

How do you if Axl feels like that at all do you know the guy sorry to be snappy but know one on this board know's what Axl's feelings are but I would think he wants to get the CD and do a long tour and drop the other albums he said he was gonna do but I could be wrong but I dont think is going to rest.

EEEERRRR Little boy
slashnbuckethead
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 07:34:17 PM »

I think as his hard work on the Chinese Democracy album dictates, Axl is devoted to his music regardless of his celebrity or anything else. I doubt he will ever stop making it, now whether he ever lets anyone hear what he makes is a whole nother matter.
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 08:37:46 PM »

I agree with what was said about Axl recording forever.....He will most likely continue to record music no matter who is in the band and continue to do so for himself. smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 11:20:48 PM »

Even if Axl decided to retire from music tomorrow, he's been such an icon in the music world that he could never live a normal life. He's so far into the hype that he would never, EVER live it down, if he didn't come out with the release.

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 02:29:21 AM »

This belongs in the Dead Horse. this is just one person's stupid opinion. Axl LOVES the spotlight. He doesnt want to hide away. Axl is big here and huge in other countries. If he didnt want to be a celeb. He wouldnt of toured and he wouldnt be telling people over and over CD is coming, he would tell people he's done. Your opinion is like an asshole we all have one

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 03:31:30 AM »

I guess i don't think nesquicks opinion is all that absurd. Some have said that no matter what he will always be a celebrity. That's true to an extent, because there will always be people who love the music he has made so far.

but he can also do things to decrease his celebrity, like not releasing an album or touring, and the longer he is away the more people will probably leave him alone, because he's not really giving them anything to talk about, you can only write so many stories about a  reclusive guy and then you need to move on to something else. But once he started doing things, like the vma's and tour. we started to see and hear about him more, and maybe when that happened he didn't like it and realized he kinda liked the peace he had during the 7+ years that we heard absolutely nothing out of him.

But that's just an opinion I have, it's kinda hard to know what's going on since we've had so few opportunities to hear from him.

What Goes around comes around!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 04:59:13 AM »

This belongs in the Dead Horse. this is just one person's stupid opinion
WELL, the only stupid person I see on this topic is you. So calm down.

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
99 Problems
Opening Act

Duuuuurrrrr

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2004, 05:05:32 AM »

Well however yes he did reply rudely, but yes your opinion over how you think Axl feels about being in the spotlight was totally irrelevant.  Your post belongs in the 10000 other threads in the dead horse section bitching about Axl not wanting to release the album.  My question is why do you feel the need to respond back with the same action?  
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 05:03:47 PM »

Axl is just fed up with celebrity, after beeing one of the biggest Rockstar in History, a legendary Rock n' Roll icon, after having sold over 85 million records worldwide with Guns n' Roses, now He just wants to live a normal life in his 40's. Axl doesn't bear celebrity anymore. Too much pressure, too much criticisms, too much media attention and too much constraints. He already lived under the spotlights but he couldn't bear to be once again under them anymore.
The album (Chinese democracy) may be done. 1 or 2 other albums may be done too. But they won't be released for the public, for the media, for all of us because Axl doesn't want to show his new material to the public. If he does, he will be judged and he will return to the celebrity spotlight.

Axl just wants peace, a woman, a family and that's it. He has enough money for a long long time. He is a 40 years old very rich man, he succeeded, alright, now he just wants to live a normal life.

Then he should just tell us, release CD and go home!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2004, 05:18:55 PM »

I wasn't calling you stupid, I was refering to your opinion as being absurb. You have no evidence to back it up. Its not like you gather up a bunch of Axl interviews, or you got an interview with him, or had any real evidence to back up what you were saying. So let me rephrase myself,

Your opinion is an unsourced opinion. Backed up by nothing but the thought in your head. And Axl's actions dont back it up

If you want to call me stupid, knock yourself out. Have fun with it, it doesnt change the fact that AXL likes being a celebrity. Look at RIR3 when hes telling security to kick out some fan for now reason. HE LIKE THE POWER HE HAS EARNED.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: