Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 04:32:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  London Docklands info
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: London Docklands info  (Read 4584 times)
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« on: June 29, 2004, 04:33:14 PM »

Due to the absence of any gnr info, I tried to find out if the London 2003 information was still valid. The following story details this

"GUNS N' ROSES' forthcoming album, Chinese Democracy, will contain 18 songs and will be accompanied by a bonus CD that will include 10 extra tracks, frontman Axl Rose told the audience during the band's reportedly impressive performance at Docklands Arena in London last night.

According to the singer, most of the new songs that have been previewed on the group's current world tour will not be included on the upcoming CD, which is now not expected to surface before early 2003.(  hihi ) Rose also mentioned that the band have already completed work on the follow-up to Chinese Democracy and are hoping to issue it as soon as the album before it has run its course - and "by the time the record company release the second group of songs, and we do this all over again, who knows?! Maybe I will have finished the third album," Axl said"

In reply, Management have said "It is changing every day."

That could be (and probably is) a deflective answer. It could also mean many other things. I have asked for further clarification of that answer, but I just though I'd pass on this in the meantime

NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 04:37:51 PM »

Thanks for trying to dig something, anything up, Mysteron....it's sad that there is so much silence. Sad BTW have you inquired at all about the spate of rumours surrounding a November release?

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 04:40:31 PM »

ok But most people on this board now about this though but do you have any more information about the CD at all?

EEEERRRR Little boy
Hammy
Tikka to Ride
Legend

Who?

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 04:43:05 PM »

So bascially something Axl told the fans a couple of years back, that a lot of us had forgotten anyway is probably now false but it still could be true since we do not know what the changes are if any so we knew nothing probably doubted whether this would happen and still know nothing.  When Mysteron, 'HTGTH's Top Source' has to resort to posting pointless stuff like this you know things are drying up.  Mysteron, dude in your honest opinion from where you stand can you see yourself giving us some...errr...good news this side of christmas?  Please no i don't know just go with yes or no whichever you are swinging towards most ok
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 04:50:31 PM »

Thanks for trying to dig something, anything up, Mysteron....it's sad that there is so much silence. Sad BTW have you inquired at all about the spate of rumours surrounding a November release?

Release dates are still to be set and there are also no tour dates planned

So ignore the rumours.
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 05:01:27 PM »

So bascially something Axl told the fans a couple of years back, that a lot of us had forgotten anyway is probably now false but it still could be true since we do not know what the changes are if any so we knew nothing probably doubted whether this would happen and still know nothing.  When Mysteron, 'HTGTH's Top Source' has to resort to posting pointless stuff like this you know things are drying up.  Mysteron, dude in your honest opinion from where you stand can you see yourself giving us some...errr...good news this side of christmas?  Please no i don't know just go with yes or no whichever you are swinging towards most ok

It's not pointless stuff at all. It actually says quite alot in it's own way. Firstly, don't believe the above (Docklands) information which is often quoted quite alot. Secondly, the gnr environment is changeable so do not believe any of the current rumours. However, I would assume that there is a pool of completed gnr tracks therefore when Axl is ready to move forward then he can so relatively quickly
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 05:08:55 PM by Mysteron » Logged
DemocracyRose
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2004, 05:03:33 PM »

Thanks for the info.... yes

So drop all these rumors about a november release, before we hear some news from the management... Tongue

Its useless...
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2004, 05:15:02 PM »

Err, I lean towards yes (wrt to the last part of your message)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2004, 05:22:34 PM »

Is it just me or does anyone else think the whole idea of a 18 song CD, plus 10 extra tracks bonus , is a little ridicolous? You only need 12-14 songs for a full album. I dont think we are gonna get 28 tracks whenever CD comes out

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2004, 05:26:13 PM »

Thank for the info Mysteron

I would bet that we only get 15-18 songs on cd when or if it comes out.  beer

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2004, 06:10:14 PM »

Some good news lets hope its true well Mysteron is the only person I can believe seeing as his got his contacts.

EEEERRRR Little boy
F*ck Fear
VIP

Getcha Pull!

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2004, 08:35:16 PM »

I appreciate the work Mysteron smoking

11/29/2002 Toronto Canada
11/15/2006 Toronto Canada
01/24/2010 Hamilton Canada
11/28/2011 Hamilton Canada
07/15/2013 Toronto Canada
RnT
Legend

Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future.

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2004, 09:04:05 PM »

thanks for the info

hey mysteron, about this "10 bonus tracks", can you give us some feedback about it asking to Merck ? if a DVD or something like that is planned to make part of the CHINESE DEMOCRACY release?

c-ya

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2004, 09:30:40 PM »

Due to the absence of any gnr info, I tried to find out if the London 2003 information was still valid. The following story details this

"GUNS N' ROSES' forthcoming album, Chinese Democracy, will contain 18 songs and will be accompanied by a bonus CD that will include 10 extra tracks, frontman Axl Rose told the audience during the band's reportedly impressive performance at Docklands Arena in London last night.

According to the singer, most of the new songs that have been previewed on the group's current world tour will not be included on the upcoming CD, which is now not expected to surface before early 2003.(  hihi ) Rose also mentioned that the band have already completed work on the follow-up to Chinese Democracy and are hoping to issue it as soon as the album before it has run its course - and "by the time the record company release the second group of songs, and we do this all over again, who knows?! Maybe I will have finished the third album," Axl said"

In reply, Management have said "It is changing every day."

That could be (and probably is) a deflective answer. It could also mean many other things. I have asked for further clarification of that answer, but I just though I'd pass on this in the meantime

How many TIMES do I have to repeat this, its really getting OLD very OLD.

First off Axl NEVER said the songs they played on that tour would not be on the album, he said they wont be used as singles. Why cant people understand this.
ITs so clear yet so many people just cant get this right, its really sad.

You really think the title track to the album wont be on the album?
You really think two songs as good as the blues and madagascar wont be on the album? Give me  a break.

SECOND. The 10 extra tracks. AGAIN Axl NEVER said they would be on a bonus tracks.
Axl stated back in 99 or 2000 he played to have B side songs to the singles.
So these EXTRA TRACKS are going to be the B sides on the singles not a bonus CD.

Why do people get so confused by these simple things?
« Last Edit: June 29, 2004, 09:35:36 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2004, 12:09:33 AM »

Thank you once again, Mysteron, I'm glad we can put the November rumors to rest for now (not that i put much stock in it). But having Axl Clause sending CD down my chimney sure would rock. Grin

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2004, 06:41:10 AM »

Nothing is simple in the world of GN'R.

Other bands have less problems playing shows and releasing material. That doesn't seem to be as simple for GN'R for some reason.  hihi

Besides, who knows if that's true today. He said those things almost two years ago....

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
alexrose
Headliner

1992.05.22 - It's been 14 years of silence....

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2004, 06:54:12 AM »

How many TIMES do I have to repeat this, its really getting OLD very OLD.

First off Axl NEVER said the songs they played on that tour would not be on the album, he said they wont be used as singles. Why cant people understand this.
ITs so clear yet so many people just cant get this right, its really sad.
You really think the title track to the album wont be on the album?
You really think two songs as good as the blues and madagascar wont be on the album? Give me  a break.

Axl:
"Now, there's been some concern... that if we play 5 or 6 new songs, then there can't that many more on the album. Au contraire mon fr?re!

SECOND. The 10 extra tracks. AGAIN Axl NEVER said they would be on a bonus tracks.
Axl stated back in 99 or 2000 he played to have B side songs to the singles.
So these EXTRA TRACKS are going to be the B sides on the singles not a bonus CD.

Axl said:
We're just playin' the songs we're not considering putting out as singles or anything. So you'll get 18 songs and about 10 extra tracks. And when that... when the record company feels that has run [it's] source, then you'll get it all over again. And by that time, I should be done with the 3rd album!

On Tour:
92.05.22 Budapest
93.06.06?Vienna
02.08.23 Leeds
02.08.26 London
06.05.31 Budapest
06.06.13 Prague
06.06.15?Warsaw
06.06.17 Novarock
06.06.29 London 2x
madagas
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2004, 08:30:30 AM »

Dave, Mysteron's point is that we have no idea how ANY of this material is going to be released. Just because Axl said something 2 years ago doesn't mean it is like that now. Especially something like how he is going to use "extra tracks"! You don't know that he now intends to use them as b-sides. Management told him things change every day. My whole point is we have no idea how any of this material will be released-NONE! By the way, the ONLY time Axl said he was going to release b-sides to singles was in his fax to MTV about Slash's departure-1996! So quit bringing that up or find us the EXACT quote from 1999 or 2000 (there isn't one). I am not busting your balls because I'm an Axllite as well, but we truly have no idea what is going to happen with this project, who will even be playing on it, when it will be released, don't even know what record label at this point. This thing is completely up in the air. Grin
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 08:33:10 AM by madagas » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2004, 09:00:41 AM »

My point is people are misquoting Axl when there is no need to.
Like I said Axl never said those songs will not be on the album, he just said they wont be singles like Alex Rose showed in the quote.  The extra track  things who knows, you are right it could change, but atleast when quoting him from  that show, get the quote about the songs they played correct.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 09:07:55 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: