Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 03:29:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228555 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  So Yesterday, I Stopped To Get Some Gas On My Way Home, And Talked To This Dude>
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: So Yesterday, I Stopped To Get Some Gas On My Way Home, And Talked To This Dude>  (Read 11232 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2004, 12:16:43 PM »

Yea I got a whole new respect for Mattman with his response here. Really fucking trippy.

It has made me think. So many of us are so different from each other. Some of us are married, some are rich, some are black, and some are white. But whatever we are, we have this one really cool unique thing that binds us all together.

Its not even something that is pc anymore, or the "cool thing" today. Its something that made us a fan, and we crave to see how this story will unfold. We haven't forgotten about what great music is, and how it moves us.

And we continue to wait for the one thing that makes this crazy fucking trip of being a Guns N' Roses fan worth it.

[its been cool reading your stories too.]

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2004, 04:28:49 PM »

this is fun

everyone teases me around here where i live, they call me prince axl, they dont understand how i can love prince and guns n roses

after the vma's everyone was teasing me cause they said axl looked like a monkey and shit, pissed me off,
in high school i use to wear mywide assortment of GNR shirts bout 3 out of 5 days, and this preppy little fuck got me in front of the class and made fun of me for likin gnr

i did what axl would do, i  grabbed him threw him against a wall and choked the shit out of him, needless to say no one ever made fun of my GNR shit around me ever again
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 04:35:42 PM by D » Logged

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2004, 05:05:30 PM »

this is fun

everyone teases me around here where i live, they call me prince axl, they dont understand how i can love prince and guns n roses

after the vma's everyone was teasing me cause they said axl looked like a monkey and shit, pissed me off,
in high school i use to wear mywide assortment of GNR shirts bout 3 out of 5 days, and this preppy little fuck got me in front of the class and made fun of me for likin gnr

i did what axl would do, i  grabbed him threw him against a wall and choked the shit out of him, needless to say no one ever made fun of my GNR shit around me ever again
I dont understand why someone would pick on someone with a GNR shirt. We all know Axl is sorta Crazy. Would you pick on someone with a charles manson shirt? I think you need to pick on the little string faggets with a Linkin Park TV.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Dizzy
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2004, 05:59:03 PM »

Did u really need to make a thread of this?

Typical grumpy old fart  Tongue  Smiley

Yes, I must say, Izzy seems to be suffering from chronic PMS as of late.

Leave the bitter old man duties to me, Izz.   Cool

Well, they'll have to tease me too dude, because I like both Prince and Guns N Roses.  I like both because I appreciate all forms of good music.   ok
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 06:01:49 PM by Dizzy » Logged
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2004, 06:45:32 PM »

i'm also a prince and gnr fan. i got tix to the musicology tour in toronto as soon as they become availble! ooooooooh  Shocked
badapple81
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2004, 06:57:52 PM »

and this preppy little fuck got me in front of the class and made fun of me for likin gnr

hihi
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2004, 10:49:37 PM »

i'm also a prince and gnr fan. i got tix to the musicology tour in toronto as soon as they become availble! ooooooooh  Shocked

people are talkin over on the vr thread bout best concerts, if u wanna see a helluva show, an axl rose,and slash combined into one, go watch prince

he kicks your ass with his vocals, kicks your ass with his energy and dancing, kicks your ass with his amazing guitar solo's, he works the stage and crowd relentlessly and is on point on every song!

if u get a chance to go to the musicology tour, go! u wont regret it

i never understood either why someone would make fun of that

i guess cause i constantly wore the shirts and listened to the cds and wrote GNR all over my notebooks and shit, thats when the preps were intowhatever the shit was preps were into back then, i have no idea, same prep a year later was dressin poor and alternative! what a dick!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 10:52:23 PM by D » Logged

badapple81
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2004, 11:07:58 PM »

I remember a couple yrs ago I was at a movie marathon, waiting for the next movie to start and sitting talking to my friend about GN'R.. and some little 16 year old dick in the seat in front, turns around and says:

"Guns N' Roses? Listen to some real music like Slipknot"

confused  nervous  no
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 11:09:26 PM by GunnerDownUnder » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2004, 11:23:02 PM »

I remember a couple yrs ago I was at a movie marathon, waiting for the next movie to start and sitting talking to my friend about GN'R.. and some little 16 year old dick in the seat in front, turns around and says:

"Guns N' Roses? Listen to some real music like Slipknot"

confused  nervous  no

shouldve smacked that fucker

the only bitch i got with GNR is ive always been against gimmicks to me if u have talent u dont need a gimmick

bucket head dont need to do what he does, i mean he was in GNR , he dont need a stupid gimmick same with robin

i always related  gimmicks to bands that have no talent but robin and bucket do so my theory is shot, i just hate gimmicks! let the music do the talkin!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 11:29:04 PM by D » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2004, 11:33:42 PM »

What do bucket and robin do as gimmicks?

Buckethead has always been buckethead. since day 1. He has always let the music do the talking. HEs not even a pop icon or really in the mainstream so how is his "gear" a gimmick? Its his way of expression...

and im completely lost about the robin gimmick? Whats his gimmick?

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2004, 02:06:34 AM »

people cant appreciate buckets talents cause they cant get past his gimmick

u really think he was raised by chickens younggunner?

i compare him to Prince when prince changed his name to the symbol, he released some of his greatest works ever but no one listened to it cause they couldnt get past his name change

same with bucket, reason the people that dont take him seriously dont is because of his ridiculous gimmick

robin's whole goth, freaky hairstyle and all that may not be a gimmick but he looks like one of the dudes in that group "orgy" guys ive always dug like richie sambora,slash people like that are real guys, just them and a guitar and kick ass music

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2004, 10:14:32 AM »

To get this back on topic and not another "why BH and Robin suck" thread  Roll Eyes, I remember seeing a t-shirt with the text "Fuck Metallica - we love Guns N' Roses" or something similar at the Pearl Jam show I went to in Stockholm in 2000.  ok

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2004, 12:02:24 PM »

Oh fucking hell yea. That t-shirt sounds sweet!

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2004, 09:19:05 PM »

u really think he was raised by chickens younggunner?

Idk, I didnt live with the guy growing up  Grin

robin's whole goth, freaky hairstyle and all that may not be a gimmick but he looks like one of the dudes in that group "orgy"
Maybe because he was a part of nin and thats his look. Thats robin finck. WHy is everythin an act?

guys ive always dug like richie sambora,slash people like that are real guys, just them and a guitar and kick ass music
Im surprised someone like you would say something ignorant liek that. HOw is buckethead or robin not being "real". What you really mean is that to "D' they arent cool. BUt D theres other people in this world who think bucket and robin are cool and their music kicks ass.

As for robin musically, we dont know much about. We dont have much to go on. I am eager to hear what he brings to the band. He is part of the backbone of the band and has been in this band for almost 7 yrs now. This is the first time he will have a full hands on paretcipation regarding material in a band. SO i cant wait to see what he can bring....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Gazzathecoigne
Opening Act

Mad, mental, manic Scotsman!

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2004, 03:12:33 AM »

You've got to laugh, we all see people wearing GNR t-shirts and iether nod, or say "cool t-shirt" or something?  I was walking home a couple of weeks back wearing my AFD shirt (neck & sleeves ripped off to add carachter), and went in McDonalds.  The girl behind the counter stated that she liked my top and that she was a big fan.  When she gave me my take away she winked at me and said "come back in any time".  I thought "ok, cool".

When I got home my bag had two double cheese burgers in it that I did'nt order, and now I get free stuff off of her all the time!!  She's comming in to my local pub tonight to hear me sing, and I think a romance is on the horizon, all from a t-shirt!?

Excellent stuff!! I'll keep you all posted love

"Smoke em if you got em...........alright that sucked!"
Chris Misfit
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2004, 07:43:52 AM »

I dont understand why someone would pick on someone with a GNR shirt. We all know Axl is sorta Crazy. Would you pick on someone with a charles manson shirt? I think you need to pick on the little string faggets with a Linkin Park TV.

I don't think you should pick on anyone, for a t-shirt they wear. But I guess that shows your level of intelligence.
==============================================
Anyway, you saw some guy with a GnR shirt on? Fuck me! After only selling 70 odd million albums, there's still fans out there? What a story, what a thread, what a life!

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2004, 08:54:24 AM »

Anyway, you saw some guy with a GnR shirt on? Fuck me! After only selling 70 odd million albums, there's still fans out there? What a story, what a thread, what a life!

Yes Chris, not everybody lives in places which are full of GN'R fans.  Tongue

Vanilla Ice sold millions of records too, but do you see people wearing Vanilla Ice t-shirts every day?  hihi

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Chris Misfit
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2004, 09:58:44 AM »

Yeah, Ballymena was full of GnR fans.

Vanilla Ice ain't shifting units anymore though, GnR are.
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2004, 01:03:47 PM »

I get the same treatment for liking Guns N' Roses and David Bowie. People don't see how I can like both, which is stupid because I know quite a few people that do. Though most Bowie fans I've come across make fun of GNR - like at teenagewildlife.com. I've heard people say things like, "Axl does that usual whining through his adenoids that he calls singing," and calling them, "Guns N' Homophobes" - the usual shit people say, and most can't even spell Axl right ("Axel" or "Axle"). I have a GNR username at that site and a picture of Slash as my avatar, and I defend GNR whenever I see it. Otherwise, I hardly ever post there because they're nothing but a bunch of snobs there anyway... they give Bowie fans a bad name. And D, I love Prince as well.

I always get little comments on my GNR shirts, like "nice shirt" or "Guns N' Roses are for losers" or something like that. But I would always wear my GNR shirt when my mom made me go to church with my friend, because if I was going to go to church, I was going to wear it! I would sneak it out of the house and pull it over whatever I was wearing because my mom said it was very disrespectful. At church, I believe those were some of the worst comments that I have gotten on GNR, especially after the VMA's... and they were making fun of it, and mocking Axl (funny they knew the words after saying what a "satanic" band Guns N' Roses is which is crap) and someone said he looked like a gorilla, and started acting like one... so eventually I got really mad and violent, and got kicked out of church. I got a letter from the pastor saying that maybe I could come back the next year and shit, as if I really wanted to or even cared.

The best though was when this guy I really liked came to school wearing a GNR shirt... and I thought it was awesome if he liked GNR - and wasn't one of those people who wore their t-shirts without even knowing who they are ("Huh?" "Who?"). So I commented on it and said, "I like your t-shirt. I really love Guns N' Roses," and he said "Guns N' Roses are awesome." love I could tell he's a really big fan. Why did he have to move away!?  Angry

Cry Cry Cry

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
gnfnrs1972
Opening Act

NO CHINESE DEMOCRACY FOR YOU

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2004, 01:19:32 AM »

I was watching 60 Minutes a couple of years ago and they had a segment about some African tribe. One of the women had on a GNR tshirt. I fell out laughing. Maybe she visits this site sometimes  Wink rofl

WHY DO WE EVEN BOTHER LOOKING FOR NEWS
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: