Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 12:21:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228550 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Is Axl on the right way?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Axl on the right way?  (Read 2891 times)
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« on: June 29, 2004, 10:47:02 AM »

Well,as we know gnr was the biggest rnr in 1987-1993,but in 1992 and 1993 gnr lost many "fans" and media publicity!With afd gnr became the biggest band in the world,after lies too,but after uyi gnr was new rollingdtones,but what happened in 1992-1993?TSI was sold in 1 milion copies,and axl know that!
He wanted new way for gunsnroses,because era of classic rock was gone,and he wanted to do classic rock with new elementes!
for me that was the reason of breakdown the band!
i think in musicly way,axl is on the right way,and new songs are very complecsive especialy(madagascar,oh my god and little cd).now gnr music is part of art
kujo722
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 11:13:33 AM »

Well, I was there in 92 and 93. I dont remember any drop off in fan support or media attention.
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 11:25:15 AM »

that's true. Axl new that they couldn't make sth similar to AFD. In no way. They started living a different life and even most of the AFD lyrics sounded that are not representing the current life of the band.
In chicago 92 concert Axl says it all. His life changed and he couldn't fake it no more. Everyone wanted him to be rockstar and live the rock lifstyle but he started to be somewhere else. I think lifestyle and perception of life was the biggest reason for the split up and secondary were the musical differences. The Music differences were the result from the above.

I am sure Axl chose the right way cause he was seeing  that rock was was dying in thw early nineties. It was time for a change. Also he was changing personally. He wants to succeed but also wants to stay true with himself.

I think the CD want be as industrial as Oh my god. I think it will be a lot like classic rock with mixture of modern elements. I think industrial was sth Axl experimented on late nineties but it didn't feel right.

He only has to prove that he is real by releasing the godamn CD.

Time will tell
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 12:00:22 PM »

I am sure Axl chose the right way cause he was seeing  that rock was was dying in thw early nineties. It was time for a change. Also he was changing personally. He wants to succeed but also wants to stay true with himself.

I think the CD want be as industrial as Oh my god. I think it will be a lot like classic rock with mixture of modern elements. I think industrial was sth Axl experimented on late nineties but it didn't feel right.

But the industrial hype has gone for a long time, so if Axl wants it, it's quite a mistake. Today rap is the winning style, but that's not for Axl. Hell, Rolling Stones made the same music (maybe the same albums  hihi) over 40 years, and they were always big, however the sales were sometimes lower. Queen made Queen albums, and didn't go for the actual music fashion. So did Bon Jovi. Aerosmith makes great rock 'n' rol records, and except of their short flirt with Run DMC they didn't make other type of music. Nick Cave makes his records, and doesn't care about trends. So does Elton John. The biggest stars make their own music, without drastical changes except the cameleon David Bowie, and Metallica, but Lars and Co. are on a really wrong way, making shit, not music.

So Axl, make your own record, and do not care much about the trends. And you shouldn't have broken up with the original GN'R, but it has happened, cannot turn back time, so make the music what you want, but fuckin' release it!

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
madagas
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 12:58:54 PM »

No. Let's talk cold hard objective facts. Multiple lineup changes, one song of original studio material in 13 years, a failed 2002 US tour, currently involved in multiple lawsuits, no release date for Chinese, and no tour dates on the horizon. IF you consider this the right path, then more power to you. I don't want to hear any excuses either. Facts are facts.  rant
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2004, 04:55:04 PM »

Sadly Madagas is right.

I think Axl was correct to want to modernize/evolve the band's sound, but 11 years later... he has remarkably little to show for it. It's not good enough to just come up with a great plan... you then have to execute it. Still waiting...

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 02:46:53 AM »

Axl has changed he sounds very different live and sounds like his voice cant stay on the same level. You hear him going from low to high tones while singing when he isnt suppose to. It sounds like its hard for him to keep in key. God knows i love his music and if you see the RIR3 dvd you can hear his voice. You wonder to yourself what has happened. Times have changed and so has his voice, but I dont think he is on the right way. Or he would APOLOGISE to his fans

WE HAVE STOOD BY HIM FOR YEARS ACCEPTING THE WEIGHT, ACCEPTING THE CANCELLED TOUR, ACCEPTING THE 2 HOURS IT TAKES FOR HIM TO COME ON STAGE.  

Its like in AA you can fix the problem until you admit you have a problem.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Gunner Fucker
Axl's Yes Man
Headliner

Bucketwho?

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 04:34:55 AM »

No. Let's talk cold hard objective facts. Multiple lineup changes, one song of original studio material in 13 years, a failed 2002 US tour, currently involved in multiple lawsuits, no release date for Chinese, and no tour dates on the horizon. IF you consider this the right path, then more power to you. I don't want to hear any excuses either. Facts are facts.  rant

Can't deny facts and/or reason.... Undecided

If All I Knew Was That With You I'd Want Someone To Save Me, It'd Be Enough.
bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 09:36:34 AM »

WELL,I DON'T EXCEPT NEW AFD BECAUSE WHEN HE DID LYRICS FOR AFD AXL was in 20ies,now he is in 40.in 80's axl ahd talent,energy and wish to be a rock star,now axl has talent,energy,expirience and he is rock star now!
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2004, 09:52:15 AM »

Rock Star???

Axl was a Rock Star in the late 80's and Early 90's, now Axl is no better than any other faded star. If he doesn't do something soon, he will be on the right way to opening for Poison or better yet doing duet preformances in Vegas with Davey Jones from the Monkeys.

That argument that Axl can't write songs like the ones from the AFD era is total bullshit. Even if his lyrics change slightly due to the fact that he isn't sleeping on the floor of a Crack House, that doesn't mean that he needs to feverishly re-write an album so he can keep up with the in-trends. I think he took the wrong road when he decided that Guns N' Roses didn't need to be "Guns N' Roses" and needed to be a copy cat group chasing after the styles that Axl thinks the younger generation likes. He made a joke of himself and the band by acting like Warren Beatty in the movie "Bullworth." Why shoot for the 13 year old 'angry' middle class thug demographic?? He does realize that he doesn't need to compete with Britney Spears, Eminem and Kid Rock right??

What would have happened if Robert Plant stepped back in 1980 and said "look at all the kids flocking to the China Club and Studio 54..... We need to change" Then stepped out on Stage the next night with braids and beads screaming "I'm Rick James!!"

bolton
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2004, 10:20:02 AM »

But the industrial hype has gone for a long time, so if Axl wants it, it's quite a mistake. Today rap is the winning style, but that's not for Axl. Hell, Rolling Stones made the same music (maybe the same albums  hihi) over 40 years, and they were always big, however the sales were sometimes lower. Queen made Queen albums, and didn't go for the actual music fashion. So did Bon Jovi. Aerosmith makes great rock 'n' rol records, and except of their short flirt with Run DMC they didn't make other type of music. Nick Cave makes his records, and doesn't care about trends. So does Elton John. The biggest stars make their own music, without drastical changes except the cameleon David Bowie, and Metallica, but Lars and Co. are on a really wrong way, making shit, not music.

So Axl, make your own record, and do not care much about the trends. And you shouldn't have broken up with the original GN'R, but it has happened, cannot turn back time, so make the music what you want, but fuckin' release it!
last realy good stones album was done befor 25 years,last good aerosmith almub was done 1991,last good bon jovi album was keep the faith,axl knoed that and wanted to to something different.i don't know "is axl on the right way",but i believe in that
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: