Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 10:58:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228124 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  a Few means 3, and 3 months is Wednesday
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: a Few means 3, and 3 months is Wednesday  (Read 9310 times)
parisrocks
« on: June 27, 2004, 10:57:28 AM »

In the Lisbon press release, he said a release date w/in the next few months.  

That would be June 30th.

I don't see it happening.
Fuckin' Gunner
Kamikaze
Rocker

nightrain.cjb.net

« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 11:03:10 AM »

Why does 'a few' means 3?

Stay Tuned for news and information on Chinese Democracy coming soon.
[posted 3/9/2003 U.S.A.]

Nightrain - O site mais perigoso do planeta
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 11:10:06 AM »

I wouldn't take anything this band or management says to heart.

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 11:26:05 AM »

Axl also said 'see you next summer' at RIR3

The man clearly has severe psychological problems at this stage - nothing he says should be taken too serioulsy, i honestly wonder if he has any idea what's going on - not only in the GNR camp but in the world at large.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 11:40:57 AM »

The man clearly has severe psychological problems at this stage - nothing he says should be taken too serioulsy, i honestly wonder if he has any idea what's going on - not only in the GNR camp but in the world at large.

I don't think he's that mad!

That's a hatrick for Doull
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 11:49:28 AM »

I hope he isn't either

But lets look at the facts

He has spent 10 years hidding away - flatly refuses to talk to his fans, cancels shows and then lies that he never authorised them

This man is not all with it - remember he never was and has admitted psychological problems in the past

He is not behaving rationally - but it goes even beyond that - he is acting very strangely

I think the reason is because he's ill - i would be open to other explanations of his derenaged behaviour.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2004, 11:57:31 AM »

I hope he isn't either

He has spent 10 years hidding away - flatly refuses to talk to his fans, cancels shows and then lies that he never authorised them

This man is not all with it - remember he never was and has admitted psychological problems in the past

He is not behaving rationally - but it goes even beyond that - he is acting very strangely

I think the reason is because he's ill - i would be open to other explanations of his derenaged behaviour.

Ir?s all part of the master plan :rofl:No really Axl doesn?t work with the rule of fucking reality.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
DemocracyRose
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2004, 12:02:17 PM »

Dont count on it.... Roll Eyes

But some rumomrs on this board said something about a announcement... Lips Sealed

So lets see... Tongue
estranged.1098
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2004, 12:54:38 PM »

I hope he isn't either

To use the words of Axl, someone thinks they know what's going on but really have no idea.
cineater
Legend

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2004, 01:06:46 PM »

No.  A few means 2.  He's overdue again.  Doesn't bother me this time, I'm use to it.

Can't help but laugh a little cause this time it's Axl who's frustrated over the whole thing.  It's done and he has to screw around with legal issues.  Kind of like sitting in court and the federal building gets blown up isn't it?

but the train's got its brakes on
and the whistle is screaming: TERRAPIN
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2004, 01:14:57 PM »

Uh no.... If Axl said "In a couple of months" that would mean two.

A couple = 2

A few= 3

The thread starter is right.

Got to give a month as a token, so I would say even 4 months could be considered in the few statement. Beyond that, and he should have said "In a half a year" or " In a year"....or "In a couple years"

...or "In a FEW years"

...goddamnit, we really are never going to get this album are we?

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
parisrocks
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2004, 02:37:24 PM »

Uh no.... If Axl said "In a couple of months" that would mean two.

Got to give a month as a token, so I would say even 4 months could be considered in the few statement. Beyond that, and he should have said "In a half a year" or " In a year"....or "In a couple years"

...or "In a FEW years"

...goddamnit, we really are never going to get this album are we?
hihi
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2004, 02:42:01 PM »

To use the words of Axl, someone thinks they know what's going on but really have no idea.

Is that a shot at me? Or a shot at Axl?

If Axl knew what was going on it wouldn't be 11 years since the last GNR album of new material - some bands have churned out 5-6 albums in that time - the band had only been together for 2 years by the time Afd went out.....
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 02:43:11 PM by Izzy » Logged

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2004, 02:56:22 PM »

'A few' is a very subjective phrase. I would take it to mean anything including 3, 4, 5, or 6 months.

There's not much point debating what 'a few' means.

Typical of Axl's answers regarding CD.

When he said see you next summer, I think he meant it. I can accept that something happened in the space of a year which affectd things. However, when he says a few months, I expect to hear something within 5 or 6. If I don't I'll genuinely be annoyed.

I hope he can show he means something when he says it at least once.

@#$%Muther
Eva GnRAxlRosette
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2004, 03:17:47 PM »

ok  Wink

Re: a Few means 3

A few: a small number / not many...

I'm hoping for 3 myself though...   peace
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2004, 03:37:36 PM »

I hope he isn't either

I really don't think we should be playing psychologist here. Unless you talk to him in his daily life, you have no idea how he's behaving.

Maybe he is actually better than usual because he doesn't have to put up with the public. Not releasing an album is not what i consider to be deranged behavior.

And i wouldn't say he's hiding away, just because you don't here about him, doesn't mean he is hiding away. It's like he said before, he goes out all of the time. And you make it sound like he has alzheimers, how would you know that he has no idea of what's going on if you have never talked to him personally? your psycho analysis seems pretty off base here, not saying he doesn't have problems because he has admitted before that he does, hell we all have some kind of problems.

What Goes around comes around!
saint seiya
Rocker

« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2004, 03:41:14 PM »

a few doesn't mean 3 months ... pal

Edited by WmD. Have a Problem? PM me.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 04:18:34 PM by WagMyDog » Logged
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2004, 03:49:39 PM »

a few doesn't mean 3 months pal

Great post. What exactly does a few mean then? since you seem to think you are the human dictionary. Read motherfunkers post, he pretty much gets what a few means.

Problem solved.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 04:21:47 PM by WagMyDog » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2004, 04:04:30 PM »

Who knows what 'a few' means. Its pretty obvious that Axl works on his own terms and his own timescale. The guy is practically nocternal, sleeps during the day and goes out if at all, at night!

The only good thing is that something has to happen eventually, in this day and age hes not going to be able to keep it locked up forever, somehow it will get out. Someday!

Jonx
NickNasty
Tha Nastiest
VIP

Alive.

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2004, 04:44:37 PM »

How sad that we are arguing semantics? Is there really nothing else going on?  no
(You won't hear anything  till Sept at the earliest, IMO)

---Nick Nasty--

Boston, MA 12/2/02          Worcester, MA 11/8/06

Dublin, Ireland 6/9/06       E. Rutherford, NJ 7/23/2016
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: