Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:28:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  THE NEXT SLASH?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE NEXT SLASH?  (Read 5061 times)
slashedguns
Rocker

Time went by and it all went up in smoke

« on: June 20, 2004, 03:36:05 PM »

I think most of us agree that slash is a guitar legend(even if some of us think Axl can do no wrong) But slash has been on the seen for nearly 20 years now,i just want to know your opinions about other younger guitarists who may have the ability to become a legend because i cant really think of any??

ASSESMENT: WASTE OF AMMO
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2004, 04:02:03 PM »

Maybe Baby London  Wink

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2004, 04:02:51 PM »

buckethead  hihi hihi hihi

Like peeing clouds!
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2004, 04:03:51 PM »

Me and the guitar player from The Presidents of The United States  Tongue
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2004, 04:16:11 PM »

there are many great young guitarists, but none of them have a style...
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2004, 08:12:03 PM »

there are many great young guitarists, but none of them have a style...

Yeah, or at least not the Guitar Legend style.Well, maybie the Hawkin brothers from The Darkness could do.Maybie me!!

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
vicarious existence
Rocker

It's been 14 years of silence...

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2004, 12:24:40 AM »

I think if Silvertide ever becomes big, their guitarist will get lots of recognition... he's amazing. Forget his name though.

Still waiting for their debut album to come out in a few months... can't wait.  Grin

http://www.silvertidemusic.com

IamRyanDean: Axl just walked out on stage, dropped his pants, pissed all over the front row and then left.  mumbled somethign about "how is that for a leak fuckers"
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2004, 03:35:02 AM »

Hard to say nowadays all "new rock" bands seem to either play Drop D or heavy distortion so you cant hear the riffs.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2004, 07:19:24 AM »

i would probably say the hawkins brothers, or nick perri or wateva from silvertide.

i think the problem is that today you either have kids wanting to become nu metal guitarists, no solos, not much skill required just put in drop d add palm mutes and there's there nu metal. On the other hand you have crazy guitarists like buckethead and all the freaks at music school who have gotten so good that they can play a billion notes in a second.

Both of these styles don't fit with rock n roll, and it's why we don't see much rock n roll guitarists anymore. Nobody plays with style, there's not many solos in modern rock music (i'm talking commercial mtv rock here).

I won't be the next slash, but i'm gonna be the best rock n roll guitarist i can be, not nu metal or insane classical metal stuff, but rock n roll. I have my heart set out to become it and nothing will stop me. All i know is that when i play guitar i put everything i have into every note and pour my soul into it. Thats what is missing these days. The rock n roll soul.

hmmmm rock n roll soul........sounds like a catchy title for a song.  rofl

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2004, 07:57:40 AM »

i think the problem is that today you either have kids wanting to become nu metal guitarists, no solos, not much skill required just put in drop d add palm mutes and there's there nu metal. On the other hand you have crazy guitarists like buckethead and all the freaks at music school who have gotten so good that they can play a billion notes in a second.

Both of these styles don't fit with rock n roll, and it's why we don't see much rock n roll guitarists anymore. Nobody plays with style, there's not many solos in modern rock music (i'm talking commercial mtv rock here).

I cannot argue with you. Absolutely true.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2004, 06:26:08 PM »

i would probably say the hawkins brothers, or nick perri or wateva from silvertide.

I won't be the next slash, but i'm gonna be the best rock n roll guitarist i can be, not nu metal or insane classical metal stuff, but rock n roll. I have my heart set out to become it and nothing will stop me. All i know is that when i play guitar i put everything i have into every note and pour my soul into it. Thats what is missing these days. The rock n roll soul.

hmmmm rock n roll soul........sounds like a catchy title for a song.  rofl

You can only be the best you can. I am just glad some people agree with me. On the new Nickelback songs I hear ALL i hear is distortion. I'm not getting old. THeres no riffs, solos, or half the time even a nice new note.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Voodoochild
Natural Born Miller
Legend

Mostly impressive

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2004, 08:00:36 PM »

Ajax Garcia  hihi

AxlFink
VIP

thelesserkings.com

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2004, 01:37:58 AM »

The Guitarist from the Lesser Kings is pretty good.

amerrogance.com
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2004, 03:42:24 AM »

Never heard of them, Where are they from?

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2004, 10:00:02 AM »

TONCI RADIC

He definatelly knocked out SLASH from my no.1 after more than 10 years.
GNR - CROATIA
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2004, 10:07:29 AM »

The problem is there are several great players from different countries but most of you will never hear about them cause they play in bands that are not singing in English and are therefore uninterestin for English speaking labels.
The problem with English speaking region is that in USA rock died due to rap,  r'n'b and this new rap/metal eg.  KORN,  LIMP BIZKIT etc.
In England due to that foggy/blurry pop like Radiohead and Oasis,  Spice girls,  Suga babes and R'n'B.
In the rest of the world,  the rock is still holding itself great (apart from Germany who adopted rap but in German).
When I first saw Tonci Radic and what he does with guitar,  he became my absoulte music idol.
The guy is GREAT!!!
Fretzo
Headliner

Ground control to Major Tom

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2004, 10:53:37 AM »

Nick Valensi of The Strokes

He plays a very clean sounding guitar on all the Strokes songs and he lists Slash as an influence so he never overplays or plays to fast.

Great Guitarist ok
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2004, 05:05:01 PM »

He plays a very clean sounding guitar on all the Strokes songs and he lists Slash as an influence so he never overplays or plays to fast.

He may have Slash down as an influence, but there's nothing about him that Slash has.

People should stop looking for the 'new' or 'next' whoever and actually try doing something for themselves.

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
pewing33ny
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2004, 02:10:45 AM »

Great Guitarist ok

actually i have a guitar player magazine and he says he used to like guns n roses and all the other crappy music.  don't remember exactly but he definitely insulted them. plus in the interview he said his guitar teacher writes alot of his solos, i didn't care about them before but i came to hate them after that interview.

about the silvertide guy, he isn't that good. i saw them tonight opening for van halen and his solo spot was terrible. played one note at a time and jumped around. don't get me wrong he can play better then most new rock guitarists but he has no feel and isn't a great techincal player. plus the band sucks ass

chris cheney of the living end is really something special. think of AC/DC but a little jazzy.  He knows his theory, has the technical ability and can really write a memorable guitar part.  plus he is very diverse.  i'd put him and slash at about the same level for rock but cheney can play jazz, country and rockabilly very well also.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 02:12:02 AM by pewing33ny » Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: