Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:14:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Scott hates korn?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Scott hates korn?  (Read 4944 times)
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« on: June 19, 2004, 01:52:42 AM »

"Jonathan Davis' 'anti corporate crusade' is such a bunch of bullshit. Stone Temple Pilots were on the same label as Korn and all that movement is about fucking getting paid. It is the whole rap mentality. Anywhere where those bands are trying to sound punk rock is a load of fucking shit and I will fucking vomit all over them. There is nothing punk rock about that band. We are a band of retaliation to the fucking white, jock-rock, sexist machoisms of the late '90s. The nu-metal morons who confused rock 'n' roll with WWF/E. They were blasphemy."

thats what a guy on a korn message board said that scott weiland thought about korn I was just wondering if anyone heard about this or anything or if this is just some guy starting bullshit my brother was just wanting to know because hes a big korn fan and respects scott weiland so he was just wanting to know....... any info thanks in advance
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2004, 02:04:56 AM »

Korn's albums have gotten worse and worse over the years. Their first couple of albums did have a rock side to them.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2004, 02:58:19 AM »

Well Done Scott!
bill213
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 03:17:29 AM »

Eh I don't care if scott said it or not....it's well written and true.
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 04:33:04 AM »

good said Scott Cheesy last Korn album is real bullshit!
Dave_Rose
VIP

Cheese Sandwich

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 05:08:52 AM »

We live in democracy and Korn do suck big time there albums do suck why do they get a role model like Scott lol

EEEERRRR Little boy
SLCPUNK
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 05:29:37 AM »

"They were blasphemy."

Damn straight.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 05:30:00 AM »

Jonathan Davis' 'anti corporate crusade' is such a bunch of bullshit. Stone Temple Pilots were on the same label as Korn and all that movement is about fucking getting paid.

Maybe, maybe not...but Korn are putting their money where their mouths are and going independent, so there goes that argument.

We are a band of retaliation to the fucking white, jock-rock, sexist machoisms of the late '90s.

I dont see that....but okay?

The nu-metal morons who confused rock 'n' roll with WWF/E. They were blasphemy."

A statement such as this makes you wonder why Scott himself is credited in Limp Bizkits abums... Huh

I think Scott should just limit his comments to "Korn and Co. make bad music" because the rest just comes off as hypocritical and false.  

I think its also kind of pointless to crusade against a genre thats all but dead.  Id rather see him speak his discontent with the nondescript, squeaky-voiced pop-punk thats dominating MTV and being bought up by kids.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 05:44:02 AM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Evil Ash
Dude, they peed on your fucking rug
VIP

GnR is unstoppable, but delay-able ;)

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2004, 08:06:47 AM »

I used to be a big fan! But it's kinda less now...

Just want to know if scott really said this ?!

Like peeing clouds!
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2004, 08:20:59 AM »

We are a band of retaliation to the fucking white, jock-rock, sexist machoisms of the late '90s.

I dont see that....but okay?

Yeah, same here.

They're against the "white, jock-rock, sexist machoisms of the late '90s", which is a good thing, but what do they put in their video and on the album cover? Models....

Just like they did in the 80s and 90s. Maybe he forgot that?  Wink

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2004, 11:57:58 AM »

"Jonathan Davis' 'anti corporate crusade' is such a bunch of bullshit. Stone Temple Pilots were on the same label as Korn and all that movement is about fucking getting paid. It is the whole rap mentality. Anywhere where those bands are trying to sound punk rock is a load of fucking shit and I will fucking vomit all over them. There is nothing punk rock about that band. We are a band of retaliation to the fucking white, jock-rock, sexist machoisms of the late '90s. The nu-metal morons who confused rock 'n' roll with WWF/E. They were blasphemy."

thats what a guy on a korn message board said that scott weiland thought about korn I was just wondering if anyone heard about this or anything or if this is just some guy starting bullshit my brother was just wanting to know because hes a big korn fan and respects scott weiland so he was just wanting to know....... any info thanks in advance

They suck!
I don't like them- i think Duff thinks they're ok!

GO SCOTT!
P.S. ChineseIllusions I love your profile!
The GAY one!
The GAY one!
The GAY one!  rofl

Duff's hilarious!

GO DUFF!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2004, 12:31:18 PM »

Thanks rebeca,Anyone know if sctt really said this I don't think so sinc he did a song with john and fred durst.I think the dude on the korn board is trying to start shit.
Timothy
Big T
Banned
Legend

bourgeois democracy

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2004, 06:49:29 PM »

Used to really like Korn ,but as the years go by I find myself listening less to them. If Scott said that then oh. ok and he did have some points their.

?In China, Talk Of Democracy Is Simply That.?
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2004, 05:15:59 PM »

Weiland made comments but was inconsistant with applying them in real life. Sounds human to me.

And they went independant because they make just pennies off of CDs on a label deal and their album sales are now VERY low. Indie artists gather a damn nice percentage of the money from their CD sales (esp. if entirely indie - in which case anything past manufacturing is profit). They are just finding a way to make money off of their dwindling fanbase. Their anti-corporate blah blah is bullshit - no doubts in my mind.

That said, Korn is inconsequential and though I hate them, I don't really let it get to me.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 05:18:57 PM by PeterCoffin » Logged

Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2004, 04:57:48 AM »

Hell yeah. Doing a completely indie album will give them all the profts from each cd, (a cd costs $1 to make or so, so everything after that is profit, they sell it for $15, thats $14 profit.) They fan base has dwindle to a million sales of their last album. If there next cd sells the same million they could make $14 million, Alot more then the record company is gonna pay them.

Korn is in it for the Benjamins'

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2004, 02:31:08 PM »

KERRANG! Issue 1011 June 26 2004

"HE NEEDS TO GET HIS ASS BACK INTO REHAB!"

Korn and VR Frontmen clash

Jonathan Davis has attacked Scott Weiland, following the VR singer's recent comments to Kerrang!.
Weiland declared he would "Vomit all over" Davis, before branding Korn's anti-corporate views as "Bullsh*t", causing the Korn frontman to hit back.
"The guy's got F'ing drug problems, he needs to do another hit  and get his ass back into rehab", Davis told K!, adding that he couldn't understand why Weiland should attack him.
"What the F***? i've worked with him once, but i don't know what he's talking about".

Duff's Future Missus: The Kerrang aticle goes on and says about Korn's tour with Linkin Park... Blah Blah BLAH!  Wink

GO SCOTT!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2004, 04:02:43 PM »

Every GREAT rock frontman has an arch enemy  (Axl/Kurt)  

(Jack White/ THe ass from that other detroit band who got free exposure for his album coming out)

(Fred Drust (cough)/The guy from Everlast)
(Spiderman/Dr Octopus)

It will be good for them both to fued some

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
mr_yoshimaroka
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2004, 11:47:25 PM »

which is a good thing

To each his own.
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2004, 10:32:29 PM »

KERRANG! Issue 1011 June 26 2004

"HE NEEDS TO GET HIS ASS BACK INTO REHAB!"

Korn and VR Frontmen clash

Jonathan Davis has attacked Scott Weiland, following the VR singer's recent comments to Kerrang!.
Weiland declared he would "Vomit all over" Davis, before branding Korn's anti-corporate views as "Bullsh*t", causing the Korn frontman to hit back.
"The guy's got F'ing drug problems, he needs to do another hit  and get his ass back into rehab", Davis told K!, adding that he couldn't understand why Weiland should attack him.
"What the F***? i've worked with him once, but i don't know what he's talking about".

Duff's Future Missus: The Kerrang aticle goes on and says about Korn's tour with Linkin Park... Blah Blah BLAH!  Wink

GO SCOTT!
Thanks for that.Seems we have us a feud folks
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: