Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 03:24:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228552 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  VH1 BTM posponed again!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: VH1 BTM posponed again!  (Read 16209 times)
BKinNYC
Rocker

Worrying's a waste of my time.

« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2004, 10:19:34 AM »

Hey guys - I work for MTV Networks in NYC (same building that VH1 is in).  A couple of things:

1.  The programming dept. only changes schedules like that at the last minute if there's something new in the program, or it's constantly being revised or finished.

2.  Check out that Monday's schedule on every network.  There's nothing on any network that would really compete with it ratings-wise. But then again, check the previous dates it was scheduled.  There was no competition on those days either.  

3.  VH1 HAS changed their programming at the last minute a lot in the past, but that was because of revisions to whatever show they were doing.  Trust me - I work at a cable network as a producer (in the same building).  We work all the way up until the final deadline on things.  IF the programming dept. kept changing dates for no good reason, no one would want to work for VH1.

4.  I know a couple of people (as acquaintances) at VH1.  I'll see if I can find anything out on Monday.  Also, I know a couple of edit-houses where this might have been cut.  I'll see if I can find anything out that way too.  

-Just as a side-note, about three years ago I knew a lot of the producers who cut the Behind the Musics, and I asked them about Gn'R once, and they said "No one would ever agree to do it."

DemocracyRose
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2004, 10:33:01 AM »

Hey guys - I work for MTV Networks in NYC (same building that VH1 is in).  A couple of things:

1.  The programming dept. only changes schedules like that at the last minute if there's something new in the program, or it's constantly being revised or finished.

2.  Check out that Monday's schedule on every network.  There's nothing on any network that would really compete with it ratings-wise. But then again, check the previous dates it was scheduled.  There was no competition on those days either.  

3.  VH1 HAS changed their programming at the last minute a lot in the past, but that was because of revisions to whatever show they were doing.  Trust me - I work at a cable network as a producer (in the same building).  We work all the way up until the final deadline on things.  IF the programming dept. kept changing dates for no good reason, no one would want to work for VH1.

4.  I know a couple of people (as acquaintances) at VH1.  I'll see if I can find anything out on Monday.  Also, I know a couple of edit-houses where this might have been cut.  I'll see if I can find anything out that way too.  

-Just as a side-note, about three years ago I knew a lot of the producers who cut the Behind the Musics, and I asked them about Gn'R once, and they said "No one would ever agree to do it."

IF the programming dept. kept changing dates for no good reason, no one would want to work for VH1.

So there is a reason for changing the program???
What could it be???
PeterCoffin
Rocker

don't wear floppy pants

« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2004, 10:34:19 AM »

Hey guys - I work for MTV Networks in NYC (same building that VH1 is in).

My friends and I just waltzed into that building when we were in NYC, we probably will again next time we go. We got kicked out after we tried to take a picture with Quddus, the quasi-celebrity...

Your security sucks.

Dizzy
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2004, 10:37:45 AM »

3.  VH1 HAS changed their programming at the last minute a lot in the past, but that was because of revisions to whatever show they were doing.  

Sorry, I don't buy that.  Because they've changed so many different programs at the last minute, including programs that have been fully completed and have been aired before.  For example, the BTM on Ozzy Osbourne had originally aired in 1998 (I think), and I first saw it in 2000.  In 2002, I saw it on VH-1's schedule again, and I wanted to tape it.  I had to keep checking VH-1's schedule because they kept changing its airtime.  This wasn't a new show on which they needed to "revise" anything, yet they still kept changing its schedule numerous times.  The same also applies to numerous other shows I wanted to tape, that had been aired several times before.
BKinNYC
Rocker

« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2004, 10:42:48 AM »

All I'm saying is that from first-hand experience, I work on promos for shows for my network.

These shows are completed WEEKS ahead of time, so the producers can cut a promo for the show.  

No show = no promo.  That's why I think something could have been revised or changed in the show.

Just to show that I know what I'm talking about, (and to give you an example), here's what recently happened to me:

Our network was premiering a show recently.  About a week before it was going to premiere, we found out it was going up against three other shows that would kill it in the ratings.  We had no choice, because it was already programmed, and the show DID get killed in the ratings.

-As for the security - it obviously doesn't sucked - they kicked you out!!!  hihi

BKinNYC
Rocker

« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2004, 10:48:07 AM »

But Dizzy - the difference here is that the Guns BTM HASN'T aired several times.

If something ALREADY aired, they don't give a shit.  They'll move it all over the schedule.  There's so much "filler" on cable.

Anything that "premieres" they're careful programming.  
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2004, 10:58:55 AM »

I may be mistaken, but I don't think Axl would participate in that BTM if Slash and Steven are already in it (and we know the latter for a "fact" I guess).
And again if I remember correctly, that first BTM about GN'R was about their Early Years right? (we know he does not like to talk about that) Unless Axl had asked them to just start all over and just interview him to announce the new album and talk about the new band (with maybe a summary of the band's history), I don't think it has anything to do with him.

What do you guys think?

BKinNYC
Rocker

« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2004, 11:18:27 AM »

I agree with you Will.  But I think (just something to think about) that it's also interesting that there's no air-date anymore for the VR thing.  

Like I said, I'll see if I can find out some details on Monday about why it keeps getting postponed.  

One thing that I can say - pretty much all of those VH1 shows that involve "lists" are pretty easy to make, and air in a timely fashion.  This seems to be a little different.  
LittleFly
Legend

A dream realized

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2004, 11:27:09 AM »

Ok BK, you've now gotten a jaded, tired-of-internet-rumor-bullshit fan somewhat exited  confused  ok

"I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it"

www.cindyscrazy.com   www.facebook.com/cindyscrazy

"...now where's that monkey? I want to shoot something"- Cap'n Jack Sparrow
parisrocks
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2004, 11:31:35 AM »

Who likes irony?  Now, even GN'R tv shows can't show up on time.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2004, 01:27:40 PM »

Its to coincide with the release of Chinese Democracy - it has to be confused

No no no you guys, VH-1 is notorious for this.  

I was just joking (hence the emicon) - obviously CD isn't about to be released

Quick! To the bandwagon!
axl_rose_700
Legend

Guns n' fuckin roses!

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2004, 03:09:42 PM »

It's a tribute to Axl! That's all

That's a hatrick for Doull
muggsy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2004, 05:36:32 PM »

GnR behind the music won't air til july 5th

Hey...didn't Dark's "source" say something about an announcement of somekind just after the fourth of July?

I'm sure it means nothing, but on a side tangeant I always thought Independence Day would be an interesting time for a release or announcement for Chinese Democracy.

how cool would it be if Axl is gonna do an interview? Maybe the label is finally putting some pressure on him to move.
AdZ
It's LiberAdZe, bitch!
HTGTH Crew
Legend

« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2004, 06:31:15 PM »

Someone email vh1 already and distill this axl interview crap.
muggsy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2004, 06:34:46 PM »

Someone email vh1 already and distill this axl interview crap.

If he is doing an interview they won't confirm it.
ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2004, 07:03:08 PM »

GnR behind the music won't air til july 5th

I'm sure it means nothing, but on a side tangeant I always thought Independence Day would be an interesting time for a release or announcement for Chinese Democracy.

It will have been a few months since the statement said he hoped?. * Cheesy*
No doubt! no
author=muggsy

Bhaha rofl.............No.  no
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2004, 07:42:28 PM »

It would be nice if you would check it out BCinNYC.
Keep us updated
muggsy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2004, 08:04:26 PM »

author=muggsy

Bhaha rofl.............No.  no

Okay..... yes
Lord Kayoss
VIP

I like GN'R

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2004, 08:28:07 PM »

is Axl producing this show now too?.....

Nah, the show actually has a release date instead of a never-ending "coming soon" tag-line on it.

Dizzy
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2004, 10:54:16 PM »

But Dizzy - the difference here is that the Guns BTM HASN'T aired several times.

If something ALREADY aired, they don't give a shit.  They'll move it all over the schedule.  There's so much "filler" on cable.

Anything that "premieres" they're careful programming.  

You didn't understand my point, and you actually solidified it without trying.

You intially stated that VH-1 moved shows all over the schedule because they are preparing them for an airdate.  I refuted that notion by saying that they've moved shows all over the airdate map even if they've aired before, so my point is the reason you gave for pushing the GNR BTM back isn't the only reason VH-1 delays shows.  You backed me up with your last post by saying they didn't care about shows that already aired, and hence moved them all over the schedule.

The bottom line is, as much as I love their shows, VH-1 can't be relied upon to keep the same schedule for more than one damn day without changing it, no matter what their programs are.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: