Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 30, 2024, 11:21:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228138 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Just saw Van Halen in Philadelphia...Shame Axl burned this city.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Just saw Van Halen in Philadelphia...Shame Axl burned this city.  (Read 11481 times)
philafighter
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« on: June 18, 2004, 12:58:03 AM »

Its been a while since the whole philly riot, but after seeing Van Halen tonight i couldnt help but express my thoughts on GNR. VH played two shows here, one on the 16, and one on the 17 of June. The first show was a sellout, and the second one was pretty full. The people supported the hell outta Eddie and CO. and the place was just electric. If Axl ever does get his head together again, he's gonna wish he hadnt been a no show for Philadelphia. This is a true rock and roll town, and GNR can never play here again. Its a shame not only for the huge amount og GNR fans in philly, but for GNR itself. Do they really think a venue like MSG, the Fleet Center, or the MCI center in washington are really gonna wanna take a chance on this band after what happened at the Wachovia Center. This wasnt just some joe blow town they failed to show up at, Philadelphia is a huge metropolitan area. And many from both NY and Wash/Bal come here to see bands. Hagar talked about how they stayed the whole week in Philadelphia and had a great time. They played two shows because the fist one sold out so quickly, so they added a second. GNR got the same reaction, the first show was a sellout show on Dec 6 2002, and the second one could have been. There is no way anyone can argue that a rock band does not have to play in Philadelphia to have a completely successful American tour. Philadelphia is a must, and they've shut themselves out.  The point of all this is, that from now on while Axl is screaming his head off in Oklahoma City to a half empty stadium, he might think to himself for a moment "I'd rather be in Philadelphia." Too little and well I'd call him late, but being late would mean you would actually have to be within the city limits.
bill213
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 01:04:54 AM »

I think the fans of Philly would definitely give Axl another chance.  I know I was at the philly-no show and I still had an awesome time with cky and the lovely ladies we hung out with after the show back at the hotel  beer  Fuck Cleveland  Philly Rocks!
SLCPUNK
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 01:46:24 AM »

They should play a free show, with Bill's avatar in the background.

That should work just fine.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 01:49:15 AM by SLCPUNK » Logged
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2004, 02:34:03 AM »

They should play a free show, with Bill's avatar in the background.

That should work just fine.

That was the greatest idea ever. There is no way he would not be forgiven if he did that. BRILLIANT!

What Goes around comes around!
bill213
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 04:34:37 AM »

Ha i have a better idea......how about my avatar take chris pittman's role in the band  rofl  It could just be there in his spot on a 52 inch flat screen.  
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2004, 04:44:16 AM »

that is another solution. Sometimes when i look at that avatar, i feel i am being hypnotized by the circular motion. But it could be a bad thing for gn'r if every male in the audience is so zoned in on the boobies that they don't even watch the concert.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 05:17:20 AM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
Oddy
Drama Qween?
VIP

Some people just don't know how to ride a bike

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2004, 05:08:56 AM »

I must admit Bildo, i often find myself reading a message only to be sucked in by the circular motion. They hyptonize you. You stop reading what Bildo is saying........and the boobies........they just............kinda start talking to you.

Biiiiiildoooo is aaaaaaaaaaalwaaaaaaays riiiiiiiiight............Biiiiiiiiiildooooooooo is aaaaaaaaaaalways right.........boooooobies wouldn't lie to youuuuuuuu
JamieG
Headliner

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2004, 09:10:03 AM »

Van Halen are the worst offenders of one of the things I hate most -- bands who insist on 20 minute solos.

I realize there's a small percentage of people out there, probably fellow drummers, or bass players that enjoy 20 minute solos, but personally there's nothing I find more boring than that.

I think the only solo parts that I've ever really enjoyed are the parts in Estranged because they fit the song and don't seem forced.
philafighter
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2004, 09:36:24 AM »

The thing is though they can never play here, forgiven or unforgiven. The night of the riot, Major Street and other city officials declared that they could never play in Philadelphia again.
Will
An American in Paris
Legend

State of love and trust

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2004, 10:46:35 AM »

The thing is though they can never play here, forgiven or unforgiven. The night of the riot, Major Street and other city officials declared that they could never play in Philadelphia again.

Is that right? This is the first time I've heard that.

philafighter
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 11:43:54 AM »

It was in the Philadelphia newspapers. They didnt say banned, but the did indicate that they will not be invited back.
philafighter
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 11:45:49 AM »

Yup, it was in the local newspapers. The city officials never said banned, but did indicate that GNR will never be invited back to play.
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2004, 11:47:33 AM »

Well, maybe because it is Friday, and I am in on of those moods, I will say this.

If Philly is going to go see a VH show and not see a GNR show...then they can go Steven Adler themselves.

You know Steven Adler themselves? That means they can go suck a dick.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2004, 12:10:02 PM »

Yup, it was in the local newspapers. The city officials never said banned, but did indicate that GNR will never be invited back to play.

GN'R didn't trash that place, some of the "fans" from Philadelphia did.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2004, 12:43:43 PM »

Blame Clear Channel.

Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 01:05:22 PM »

Blame Clear Channel.

Blame Canada...

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
philafighter
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2004, 01:28:14 PM »

VH actually showed up and played a great show, so don't tell Philadelphia to go suck a dick. I don't buy all that Clear Channel is to blame crap. Why would they not want the band to play a sold out arena? It would make no sense not to. And Jarmo, don't pin the riot all on the Philadelphian people. I'm sure a few bad apples particpated, but I'm willing to bet the majority of those poeple were not from Philadelphia. I'm sure you have no clue about the American East Coast, so I'll give you a little geography lesson. Philadelphia is an hour south of NY, and about an hour and a half north from Wash/Bal. (That's Washington D.C. and Baltimore Jarmo) Not to mention the fact that New Jersey is just a bridge toll away from the city. Thats a lot of people in the mid-atlantic region. If you didnt get tickets for the MSG show, chances are that many New Yorkers opted to go to the two Philly shows. I remember being in the parking lot, and there were tons of cars without PA plates. The Wachovia Center is one of the finest arenas in the country. My friends and I there that night were not about to take part in trashing the place where our Flyers and 76ers play. And I'm willing to bet that those there that night actually from the city were not going to give in a do something destructive. There is a strong Philly pride among the people that live here. Most of them would not want to see the place trashed. Also think about it, who would be more pissed off Jarmo, the guy who had drive and pay tolls to get to Philadelphia from someplace, or someone who actually lives in and this city who had at maximum a 20 minute ride to get to South Philadelphia. Who do you think would be more likely to throw a chair, or destroy a concession stand? Know what your talking about before you shoot your mouth off.
PhillyRiot
I'm super, thanks for asking
Banned
VIP

Please Return to Philly

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2004, 01:32:34 PM »

Velvet Revolver rocked Philly big time.  Best rock show I have seen in Philly since the Rolling Stones.

I don't need the Internet to be a GNR fan.

www.myspace.com/earl31   Talk Radio Pranks
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2004, 01:34:15 PM »

I don't buy all that Clear Channel is to blame crap.
Clear Channel are to blame for everything! Tongue
And Jarmo, don't pin the riot all on the Philadelphian people.

He was joking!

Btw, your title does you no favours!

C0ma
Legend

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2004, 01:44:19 PM »

VH actually showed up and played a great show, so don't tell Philadelphia to go suck a dick. I don't buy all that Clear Channel is to blame crap. Why would they not want the band to play a sold out arena? It would make no sense not to. And Jarmo, don't pin the riot all on the Philadelphian people. I'm sure a few bad apples particpated, but I'm willing to bet the majority of those poeple were not from Philadelphia. I'm sure you have no clue about the American East Coast, so I'll give you a little geography lesson. Philadelphia is an hour south of NY, and about an hour and a half north from Wash/Bal. (That's Washington D.C. and Baltimore Jarmo) Not to mention the fact that New Jersey is just a bridge toll away from the city. Thats a lot of people in the mid-atlantic region. If you didnt get tickets for the MSG show, chances are that many New Yorkers opted to go to the two Philly shows. I remember being in the parking lot, and there were tons of cars without PA plates. The Wachovia Center is one of the finest arenas in the country. My friends and I there that night were not about to take part in trashing the place where our Flyers and 76ers play. And I'm willing to bet that those there that night actually from the city were not going to give in a do something destructive. There is a strong Philly pride among the people that live here. Most of them would not want to see the place trashed. Also think about it, who would be more pissed off Jarmo, the guy who had drive and pay tolls to get to Philadelphia from someplace, or someone who actually lives in and this city who had at maximum a 20 minute ride to get to South Philadelphia. Who do you think would be more likely to throw a chair, or destroy a concession stand? Know what your talking about before you shoot your mouth off.

2 things:

1. I think with your 5 posts you might be the fastest poster who's not Latigo to be banned from the forum (try not to tell Jarmo to not Shoot his mouth off)

2. I'll preface this by saying I think Philly is a great City........................

Your old football stadium actually housed a jail. Not to many cities are required to place a criminal holding facility on site. I know it's a great sports town, and I'm sure it's a great town for music, but your all lunatics in Philly. I'd be willing to bet that 70% of the rioters were from Philly. I went to MSG after the Boston show......and I know that if I decided to take the extra trip to Philly, based on the fact that I was out of state, I would have gotten as far away from the riot as I could. Why would I want to get locked up 6 hours from home
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: