Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 12:33:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  estranged live era
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: estranged live era  (Read 13803 times)
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2004, 12:59:35 PM »

If axl did redo the SCOM for live era, the whole thing would have sounded like the 2nd part of the big daddy version and it doesnt.

Speaking of Big Daddy
I Listened to the Tokyo Version of Sweet Child O' Mine along with the Live Era Version and the Big Daddy Version.

The Live Era version doesn't really sound much like either because it was touched up alot, but It sounds alot closer to the first half of the Big Daddy version than it does Tokyo. And if I'n not mistaken wasn't Big Daddy live from Paris.........and again if I'm not mistaken......isn't the reason the morph was done is because Axl was working on that track for Live Era (along with reheasing the old material with the new band.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2004, 01:02:49 PM »

Did you even listen to the paris version and then live era?
axls voice on live era is shot to hell but on paris is much better  and cleaner

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2004, 01:04:38 PM »

Dave Axls voice in SCOM was redone in the studio. It doesnt sound like Tokio IN ANY WAY. The same goes for Estranged

BTW, in SCOM, the band playing is from PAris, thats for sure. Duff loses tempo with the bass line, the solo is the same, especially the last one
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2004, 01:08:25 PM »

my point is axls voice on live era is not from paris.
It sounds like toyko just cleaned up.
And the 2nd part of estranged is from toyko only the first part is redone.
If axl re did the vocals from scom in the studio then his whole voice would have sounded like it did at the end of big daddy scom but it does not.
You can tell axls voice on scom and the end of estranged is shot to hell.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 01:10:50 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2004, 01:13:05 PM »

Most people in here started off by saying that his voice wasn't from paris.......it's from his home studio in his basement......It is imposible to pinpoint most of these songs based on his vocals...because they aren't from live shows in most cases. The music from SCOM is without a doubt Paris.......his vocals could be from any studio in LA.
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2004, 01:17:31 PM »

If axl re did the vocals from scom in the studio then his whole voice would have sounded like it did at the end of big daddy scom but it does not.
You can tell axls voice on scom and the end of estranged is shot to hell.

Yeah now I get your point. But his voice was re done in the studio, it sounds NOTHING like Tokio, even if its cleaned a little bit. And the 2nd part of Estranged is redone, it sounds NOTHING like the tokio one, which is way more raspy

Edit: And example. The part where he goes "well I jumped into the river" is from tokio. After that when he goes "too many times to make it home", thats not from tokio anymore, thats re recorded
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 01:21:05 PM by Eduardo » Logged
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2004, 03:21:17 PM »

Am I the only person that things Jungle is from Tokyo
'92? Not saying that Axl's vocals weren't redone, but the music sounds basically the same to me..especially Matt's drum outro at the very end. Any thoughts?

Also, yes, Dave - I'm with the majority of others that agree that SCOM is from Paris '92. Again, the vocals could have been touched up or changed completely. The music is identical though, bro. Its the same with the version from Big Daddy..Paris '92, but Axl sounds totally different on that version too. Believe what you want, but Live Era's version is Paris '92.

-Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2004, 03:38:08 PM »

I am not disputing the music part is from paris, I am saying his voice is not, but I dont think his voice is from the studio either because its still too shitty (hoarse) and it would be more like the end of scom big daddy or the first part of estranged.

But for all we know he could have taken the voice from 4 diff shows and made them one. But I listed to toyko you are right its not from that show either ,but his voice is closer to that than france.

On live era axl kinda studders the first verse (seems to me) but he does not neither on toyko or paris.

« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 03:43:47 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

Dizzy
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »

And the 2nd part of estranged is the same as toyko, the voice is just the same.
Maybe he changed one word in the 2nd part, but that is it.

Okay Dave, now you're being ridiculous.  I am sure you don't really believe that Axl would waste time and studio money to change one word in the last verse.  He re-recorded the second part of "Estranged", plain and simple.  The evidence could not be any clearer.

I am not disputing the music part is from paris, I am saying his voice is not

That's what these guys have been saying all along, Dave.   yes

but I dont think his voice is from the studio either because its still too shitty (hoarse)

I agree, I think he took it from another show, because he could've easily redone it better than that.

Just trying to give axl the benefit of the doubt that he didn't actually sink as low as to re-record his vocals for a live album in the studio

We know he did some studio work on a "live" album because it's just there man.  You will never find a live bootleg anywhere where Axl sounds as good as he did on "My Michelle", "Nightrain", and "Rocket Queen".  As I said before, he doesn't even sound like good on any studio recordings.  The vocals from those three tracks were obviously re-recorded and then even tweaked after that, they were not taken from any live shows.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 04:45:34 PM by Dizzy » Logged
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2004, 05:09:44 PM »

The non-Big Daddy part of SCOM from Live Era could have just been a studio rough take. Axl may have treated the re-recordings as in a live situation - a one off. The section in Big Daddy that features the new band is far more 'controlled' and perfected than any of the studio vocals on Live Era. Interestinly so since Axl is just a perfectionist.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
DemocracyRose
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2004, 08:26:02 AM »

This is really a great topic...(i mean it). Wink

Does this actually means that Axl was in the studio, and singing the Estranged part again, so its more like a studio version than live version???

And the other songs too???

I most say that i have never heard Axl singing so fantastic before, than in Estranged....
Dizzy
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2004, 10:32:47 AM »

Does this actually means that Axl was in the studio, and singing the Estranged part again, so its more like a studio version than live version???

Yes, or he took vocals from another live performance and put them over the Tokyo music.  Either way, none of the singing vocals from "Estranged" were taken from the Tokyo show.

The vocals on the songs I mentioned before are obviously re-recorded in the studio.
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2004, 10:54:07 AM »

Most if not all songs on Live Era were re-done vocally. You can tell just by listening to any show during the UYI tour and Live Era. The reason that they dont sound like his vocals on Appetite For Destruction is because he sang the way he used to sing live. If he sang the way he did on AFD or UYI, then people would defiantly know that he re-did the vocals, this way, singing like he did live, it would be a little harder to tell if he re-did vocals because he kind of sounds like he did on the UYI tour.
DemocracyRose
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2004, 10:56:49 AM »

Yes, or he took vocals from another live performance and put them over the Tokyo music.  Either way, none of the singing vocals from "Estranged" were taken from the Tokyo show.

The vocals on the songs I mentioned before are obviously re-recorded in the studio.

I have never thought about it....

Re-recorded is not just, remastered or mixing, is it?? He is actually doing the song all over again... Hmmm

Are other artist doing the same...? Because sometimes it sounds more studio than live versions...

Do you know what period of time Axl did that??
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2004, 11:03:30 AM »

He did this around the time they were putting Live Era together. So probably around '98 and early '99.
DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2004, 12:25:31 PM »

July 1999. There is circumstancial (sp) evidence to suggest thats when he did it. Look at the 1999 news archives on this site.

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
DemocracyRose
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2004, 12:31:21 PM »

what about the guitar part, Slash couldnt have done them in 98-99???

« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 12:32:28 PM by DemocracyRose » Logged
Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2004, 12:41:17 PM »

What Guitars??There?s no modified-re-recorded guitars on Live Era.The only guitar that?s changed is on Rocket Queen, That there is no Gilby-guitar, just Slash.Apart from that all the guitars don?t sound like re-recorded. no

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
DemocracyRose
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2004, 12:45:22 PM »

What Guitars??There?s no modified-re-recorded guitars on Live Era.The only guitar that?s changed is on Rocket Queen, That there is no Gilby-guitar, just Slash.Apart from that all the guitars don?t sound like re-recorded. no

Baby Slash//

They must have done something to guitar part... It sounds very clean... More than another booklets.... Undecided
Dizzy
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2004, 12:57:09 PM »

Are other artist doing the same...? Because sometimes it sounds more studio than live versions...

Most bands do fix up live albums.  The [live albums] that aren't fixed probably aren't worth listening to more than once or twice.

---Paul Stanley (KISS), 2003
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: