Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 04, 2024, 12:28:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228151 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  estranged live era
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: estranged live era  (Read 13801 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« on: June 17, 2004, 03:25:09 PM »

We all know the music part is taken from toyko and the 2nd half of estranged the vocals are from toyko also, but where do the vocals of the first half of the song come from? Are they axls new voice in the studio or from a diff show?

If they are from the studio then that is what axls voice will mostly sound like on chin dem.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
BurningHills
Legend

Resurrection Joe

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 04:05:48 PM »

I believe they're re-done in the studio, especially since that's NOT what Axl sounds like at the actual Tokyo '92 show.

-Jeff

05.15.06 - Hammerstein Ballroom - New York, NY
11.10.06 - Madison Square Garden - New York, NY
11.20.11 - Mohegan Sun Arena - Wilkes-Barre, PA
02.27.12 - Electric Factory - Philadelphia, PA
Eduardo
VIP

Its just that demon life has got him in its sway

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 05:42:46 PM »

Its all re-done in the studio, including the 2nd part, which doesnt sound like Tokio at all... Axl never sounded like that live.

I could name like 5 or 6 songs that Axl didnt re-do the vocals in Live Era. Thats a shame, cause its really not a live album
Dizzy
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 05:47:15 PM »

All of the vocals on "Estranged" were re-recorded, including the second part.  If you notice, Axl changes one word in the last line of the song that gives it away.

In the Tokyo DVD, Axl says "But everything we've ever known's here.....".   But on the Live Era version, he sings "seems everything we've ever known's here..."

So that's a dead giveaway, in addition to the fact that the vocals sound slightly different.

The only vocal parts Axl did not re-record are the spoken intro ("nothing better to do than commit hari-kari"), and the "ladies and gentleman, on the keyboards, Mr. Dizzy Reed."
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 05:57:44 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2004, 05:47:15 PM »

I could name like 5 or 6 songs that Axl didnt re-do the vocals in Live Era. Thats a shame, cause its really not a live album

Which were the songs he re did in the studio (and how do we know that he did this?)

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Dizzy
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2004, 05:49:57 PM »

Which were the songs he re did in the studio (and how do we know that he did this?)

It's obvious that Axl re-recorded other songs for Live Era.  The most blatant offenders are "My Michelle", "Nightrain", and "Rocket Queen".  Christ, he never even sounded that good in the studio, much less live.

"Sweet Child o Mine" music was taken from the June 6, 1992 Paris pay per view show, but the vocals sound different on Live Era, so he re-recorded that one too, or he used a pro-tool to take the vocals from another show.

But the three songs I mentioned above are flagrant re-records.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2004, 05:55:42 PM by Dizzy » Logged
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2004, 05:57:05 PM »

Its not that hard to notice the songs he re did... Its almost the entire album. From the top of my head, the songs he didnt totally re do (although he may have added some overdubs) are

Patience
Dont Cry
Its so Easy
Knockin on Heavens Door
WTTJ
Yesterdays
Maybe Paradise City

Thats about it. The rest of the songs you can clearly notice they?ve been re done, Axl never sounded that "clean" live

Dizzy
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 06:02:58 PM »

Axl never sounded that "clean" live

Yeah, I have to say, much as I love Axl as a singer, he has a studio produced voice for the most part.  His vocal deliveries were always erratic and inconsistent throughout every live bootleg I own and every live show I've ever seen.  He would always flub and scratch notes, and sing certain parts off-key.
Axl4Prez2004
Legend

2007 AND 2011 HTGTH Fantasy Football Champ!

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 06:44:01 PM »

It's obvious that Axl re-recorded other songs for Live Era.  The most blatant offenders are "My Michelle", "Nightrain", and "Rocket Queen".  Christ, he never even sounded that good in the studio, much less live.

"Sweet Child o Mine" music was taken from the June 6, 1992 Paris pay per view show, but the vocals sound different on Live Era, so he re-recorded that one too, or he used a pro-tool to take the vocals from another show.

But the three songs I mentioned above are flagrant re-records.

Dizzy,

I don't mean to question your knowledge, but are you 100% sure that SCOM Live Era is from Paris, 6-6-92?  I have this show on audiocassette (I listen to it all the time).  It started out with Sail Away Sweet Sister (best intro. of it I've ever heard) and then they rip into SCOM.  But, a big but here, Duff screws up the intro. lines on bass guitar on the Paris show I've got on tape.  In my opinion, the Live Era SCOM is not Paris, 6-6-92.

BTW, "Paris, France, and the rest of the world watching...Do you know where the fuck you are???" kicks ass as an intro. to WTTJ.

Anyone else who knows the answer to this please weigh in too.  Thanks.

-Axl4Prez2004

7-14-16  Philadelphia, PA
5-13-14  Bethlehem, PA
2-24-12  Atlantic City, NJ
11-26-11  Camden, NJ
11-5-06   Meadowlands, NJ
5-12-06   Hammerstein, NY, NY
12-2-02   Boston, MA
7-25-92   Buffalo,
Eduardo
VIP

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2004, 08:02:16 PM »

Dizzy,

I don't mean to question your knowledge, but are you 100% sure that SCOM Live Era is from Paris, 6-6-92?  I have this show on audiocassette (I listen to it all the time).  It started out with Sail Away Sweet Sister (best intro. of it I've ever heard) and then they rip into SCOM.  But, a big but here, Duff screws up the intro. lines on bass guitar on the Paris show I've got on tape.  In my opinion, the Live Era SCOM is not Paris, 6-6-92.

BTW, "Paris, France, and the rest of the world watching...Do you know where the fuck you are???" kicks ass as an intro. to WTTJ.

Anyone else who knows the answer to this please weigh in too.  Thanks.

-Axl4Prez2004

Yeah it is from Paris 92. You can clearly see that on Slashs solo after that "Where do we go now part...". Its the same as it is in Paris. About the bass line, they may have fixed it in studio
Dizzy
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 10:02:48 PM »

The official list of live performances compiled for Live Era states that "Sweet Child O Mine" was taken from Paris 1992.  I was going by that.
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 12:40:01 AM »

how many times do i have to say this
the live era SCOM is NOT from paris, its from toyko.
Axls voice sounds just the same.
And the 2nd part of estranged is the same as toyko, the voice is just the same.
Maybe he changed one word in the 2nd part, but that is it.

Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Crashdiet
Banned
VIP

'Absolutely'

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2004, 12:45:26 AM »

Do we know that the re-done vocals on live era were not taken from another live gig and placed over top of the music from another gig.

I.E didn't they do 2 or 3 nights in tokyo... maybe the vocals were from the first night and the music from the second...??

Just trying to give axl the benefit of the doubt that he didn't actually sink as low as to re-record his vocals for a live album in the studio

Check out www.myspace.com/ashjonesmusic
Its me and my songs

Saskatoon, Sask Place March 16 1993

New York, Hammerstein Ballroom
May 12, 14, 15, 17
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2004, 12:48:25 AM »

The scom vocals are not redone since if they were they would have sounded much cleaner and higher.

If axl did redo the SCOM for live era, the whole thing would have sounded like the 2nd part of the big daddy version and it doesnt. The same goes for estranged, you can tell where the vocal t racks are differnt. The 2nd part of estranged is from toyko and not redone.

DazRose85
Rocker

Devon, England, UK

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2004, 04:29:16 AM »

Live Era - Axl re-recordings....

Disc 1:

Nightrain
Mr. Brownstone
Welcome To The Jungle (after "do you know..." intro - some later verses original live)
My Michelle
November Rain

Disc 2:

Pretty Tied Up
Move To The City
You Could Be Mine (up to 'quickfire rant')
Rocket Queen
Sweet Child O' Mine
Estranged (after 'commit hari-carie' intro)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 05:13:08 AM by DazRose01 » Logged

"You've gotta choice in life... rock n' roll or classical" - Axl

11/06/06 - Download Festival, Donington
30/07/06 - Wembley Arena, London
C0ma
Legend

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2004, 10:14:22 AM »

Dave here is the source listing for Live Era, taken right off of gnrontour.com. Sorry but I trust John's knowledge a little more.

Disc 1
1. Nightrain [Las Vegas, 1.25.92]
2. Mr. Brownstone [London, 8.31.91]
3. It's So Easy [Paris, 6.6.92]
4. Welcome To The Jungle
5. Dust N' Bones [New York, 5.16.91]
6. My Michelle [London, 8.31.91]
7. You're Crazy [Tokyo, 12.10.88]
8. Used To Love Her [Tokyo, 12.10.88]
9. Patience [1st half - Mexico '93 OR Paris, 7.13.93; 2nd half - Paris, 6.6.92]
10. It's Alright [Houston, 9.4.92]
11. November Rain [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
12. Coma [Omaha, 4.10.93] * ^

Disc 2
1. Out Ta Get Me [London, 6.28.87]
2. Pretty Tied Up [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
3. Yesterdays [Las Vegas, 1.25.92]
4. Move To The City [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
5. You Could Be Mine [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
6. Rocket Queen [Las Vegas, 1.25.92]
7. Sweet Child O' Mine [Paris, 6.6.92]
8. Knockin' On Heaven's Door [London, 4.20.92]
9. Don't Cry [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
10. Estranged [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
11. Paradise City [Las Vegas, 1.25.92]

Also it is evident that the entire album has been re-worked. In the cases that the Vocals weren't completely re-recorded they were touched up. Even the guitars are noticably re-recorded in places, Just listen to the guitar into from Pretty Tied up. Take Live Era and listen to it side by side with any bootleg of the show or the DVD......nothing about that guitar sound is even close.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 10:18:17 AM by C0ma » Logged
DEAD HORSE
VIP

08.08.08 ?

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2004, 11:37:32 AM »

All of the vocals on "Estranged" were re-recorded, including the second part.  If you notice, Axl changes one word in the last line of the song that gives it away.

In the Tokyo DVD, Axl says "But everything we've ever known's here.....".   But on the Live Era version, he sings "seems everything we've ever known's here..."

So that's a dead giveaway, in addition to the fact that the vocals sound slightly different.

The only vocal parts Axl did not re-record are the spoken intro ("nothing better to do than commit hari-kari"), and the "ladies and gentleman, on the keyboards, Mr. Dizzy Reed."

Can you tell  me what does "hari -kari"means???  Huh Huh

If the world would end today... Wink
dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2004, 11:55:58 AM »

Dave here is the source listing for Live Era, taken right off of gnrontour.com. Sorry but I trust John's knowledge a little more.

Disc 1
1. Nightrain [Las Vegas, 1.25.92]
2. Mr. Brownstone [London, 8.31.91]
3. It's So Easy [Paris, 6.6.92]
4. Welcome To The Jungle
5. Dust N' Bones [New York, 5.16.91]
6. My Michelle [London, 8.31.91]
7. You're Crazy [Tokyo, 12.10.88]
8. Used To Love Her [Tokyo, 12.10.88]
9. Patience [1st half - Mexico '93 OR Paris, 7.13.93; 2nd half - Paris, 6.6.92]
10. It's Alright [Houston, 9.4.92]
11. November Rain [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
12. Coma [Omaha, 4.10.93] * ^

Disc 2
1. Out Ta Get Me [London, 6.28.87]
2. Pretty Tied Up [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
3. Yesterdays [Las Vegas, 1.25.92]
4. Move To The City [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
5. You Could Be Mine [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
6. Rocket Queen [Las Vegas, 1.25.92]
7. Sweet Child O' Mine [Paris, 6.6.92]
8. Knockin' On Heaven's Door [London, 4.20.92]
9. Don't Cry [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
10. Estranged [Tokyo, 2.22.92]
11. Paradise City [Las Vegas, 1.25.92]

Also it is evident that the entire album has been re-worked. In the cases that the Vocals weren't completely re-recorded they were touched up. Even the guitars are noticably re-recorded in places, Just listen to the guitar into from Pretty Tied up. Take Live Era and listen to it side by side with any bootleg of the show or the DVD......nothing about that guitar sound is even close.

I couldn't care less where John thinks the songs are from, its just his opinion, its not offical to say the least. Do me a fave. Get out the toyko, the live era and the paris show.  Listen to Axls voice on all three and you tell me if you think Axls voice is from paris, he even changes words in the Paris show and its not the same on live era.   And how do you know what I know or who knows more than me?? Just use your ears, is that so hard to do?

We all know these songs have been cut and pasted and what I am telling you is, the  voice on SCOM is the one from toyko.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 12:06:54 PM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

dave-gnfnr2k
Banned
Legend

« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2004, 12:03:26 PM »

It has to do with sucicide for people in japan.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2004, 12:11:47 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?board=13;action=display;threadid=4226

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: