Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 01:34:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228527 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  US Customers Being Cheated
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: US Customers Being Cheated  (Read 3027 times)
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« on: June 13, 2004, 03:18:14 AM »

Is it just me or are we being punished for living in the US? I remember when GnR Live Era came out and I heard the oversee's versions had a LIVE COMA version on them. I really like coma and wanted a live version.

Now VR releases its new album. They want us to COLLECT all three of the little cheap cardboard sleeves. But how come the other versions come with a live version of Bodies and the Australian/UK version also has a different version of the single Slither with Negative Bodies? How come we never get anything extra. Give us a different song only available here. Give us something special or atleast don't cheat us.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 03:41:23 AM »

has to do with exchange rate or economy of the other countries or something like that.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2004, 09:55:44 AM »

Japan gets bonus tracks to make the Japanese people buy domestic cds instead of imported ones.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Dizzy
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2004, 10:49:14 AM »

I once read that Japan pays a high import tax on CDs, so in order to make it worthwhile, they put bonus tracks on CDs that were first released in other countries.
blues_rock_axeman
Rocker

R n' F'n Roller

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2004, 11:06:48 AM »

I wouldn't complain. You guys get to see em live over there, and on a damn sight more TV programmes and in more magazines than we do.

Shuffle it all... Pack up your life again...
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 01:00:14 PM »

Is it just me or are we being punished for living in the US? I remember when GnR Live Era came out and I heard the oversee's versions had a LIVE COMA version on them. I really like coma and wanted a live version.

I live 'overseas and i don't have 'Coma' on Live era - is there actually a version that does?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
slim
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2004, 06:42:18 PM »

Just RCA and VR attempting to rip off more of your dollars by hoping you'll buy several copies of their CD. IT'S ALL GREED. That's why it's copy protected and that's why you should BOYCOTT THIS CD !
Cowboy Buddha
VIP

Balls of Molten Steel

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2004, 08:21:16 PM »

We, US, are always screwed on the extra shit.  And No don't ban the copy protected CDs, they are only doing it because of the people who download rediculously.  So, blame the downloaders not the record companies/bands.

I will not change this Sig. until Vikings, Twins, Wild, T-Wolves or any MN teams win a Championship (10/16/06)
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: