Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 07:27:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Velvet Revolver On E! Stern Show and the Potrayel Of Axl/ GNR 2k
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver On E! Stern Show and the Potrayel Of Axl/ GNR 2k  (Read 28726 times)
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2004, 12:54:44 AM »

Not to mention that unlike Huge, Sorum was already in an accomplished band and was hired and approved of by the whole band based on his musical merits - not because hes the singers friend.
Aside from the ex-bandmembers accounts, where is the evidence that HUge is the yoko ono of GNr.

He was with the band since day 1. Its not liek he just came along and decided he was going to be a leqad guitar player.

Slash wanted to see the band live, before the concert even happened...so he didnt know what to expect.  That doesnt equal getting calls the morning after the VMAs informing him of how bad it was.  If he doesnt want to see the band that defined his life in that shape, its understandable, and quite different then going into GNRs comeback show with no expectations.
Well being that he was so "excited" to see GNR in Vegas how come he didnt put it on for the VMA's. Did he get those phone calls before GNR went on? He must have some psychic friends.

There was no need for Slash to go see GNR in Vegas.

Thats not what they mean.  They mean that Scott Weiland today is better than the Axl of today...the one from the VMAs and 2002 tours.
What about the Axl from the VMAs. He and the band kicked ass. Axl ROse is Axl Rose. And Scott Weiland is Scott Weiland.

But if it makes everyone cream their pants, ok Weiland is better than Axl right now. If you want to believe that fine. BUt when Cd comes out, Mr. Weiland can move to the side once again.

And its not to knock Weiland. Hes an excellent frontman himself. But lets be serious, Axl Rose/Scott Weiland......but if it makes you feel special..dream away
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 12:55:21 AM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
AxlsPiano
Rocker

Rock N Roll Will Return

« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2004, 01:20:57 AM »

Well being that he was so "excited" to see GNR in Vegas how come he didnt put it on for the VMA's. Did he get those phone calls before GNR went on? He must have some psychic friends.

Well, remember that the GNR VMA performance was a surprise, so I doubt that Slash, even if he heard rumors, was going to sit around and watch TV to see if they were true or not. I'm sure he went to bed that night and got the phone calls in the morning about it or whatever. I'd say that's believable.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2004, 01:22:13 AM »

Aside from the ex-bandmembers accounts, where is the evidence that HUge is the yoko ono of GNr.

Well, if the band approved of him...

And his presence didnt divide and disrupt the band...

Then why would they say such things about him?  Obviously, they didnt approve of him, and his presence did disrupt the band...so thats how the band felt.  And since it they were there, and it was their band too, I think their opinion should count for something.  

He was with the band since day 1. Its not liek he just came along and decided he was going to be a leqad guitar player.

Huh?  He was with Axl since day one...he wasnt part of the band, he was a friend of Axls.  If that entails contributing music that the band was comfortable with, thats great.  But that clearly wasnt the case.  I dont know if he decided to be in the band, but Axl did, and it wasnt cool with the band.

Im hesitant to blame Paul Huge, but it was easy to see that Slash wasnt happy with him (even at the time) and he obviously put himself in the position anyway.  But its clear that Axl imposed his presence.

Umm...the VMAs were a surprise performance.  I guess Slash didnt know about...

Slash from Howard Stern:

"It was one of those things where I got a bunch of phone calls one morning, leaving me messages, going, you know "What was that whole thing about on TV?  And I didnt know what it was...and so when I heard what it was - it was the MTV awards, and I heard the reaction from the people that saw it...I didnt wanna see something...I didnt wanna leave with...you know, have that memory of whatever Guns N' Roses was.  When I left it was still sorta cool."

"Are memories are pretty good" - Duff

There was no need for anybody to see them...they wanted to, and so did Slash apparently.

But if it makes everyone cream their pants, ok Weiland is better than Axl right now.

The "cream your pants" reaction is becoming a staple in your defense mechanism routine...nearly taking the place of such favorites as "Vr is good rock n roll, and thats fine til the big boys come out to play," "your gonna find out for yourself," and "Vr is a good rock n roll band and they will rock, but gnr will rock the world".  Good to see that such dazzling variety.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2004, 01:31:18 AM »

scott isnt better now than axl was on the 2002 tour

guys i dont know what u are listening to but i broke my MSG 2002 out the other night and axl sounds fuckin sensational, better than he did on tokyo and the chicago boot by far

his stage presence isnt the same but i think that has more to do with the braids and those baggy fuckin jerseys and the fact he didnt rant any

but the axl from rio 3 destroys weiland

i do like scott i love his stage moves but he still isnt as good as axl

fuck theres an interview somewhere that matt says something, cause damn it i remember reading that and thats where my initial "matt is yoko" came from

after axl fired matt thats when i think matt started gettin into slash' head and stuff, there is an article somewhere, by god i know i read it, cause i didnt think nothing bad of Matt till i read that article, and reading that made me go "whoa" to myself cause i even said it a few months back about paul tobias bein yoko when matt sounded like that

ill try to research and find it again

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2004, 01:35:39 AM »

But that clearly wasnt the case.  I dont know if he decided to be in the band, but Axl did, and it wasnt cool with the band.
He helped write some songs. They obivoulsy were fine with him back then.

but it was easy to see that Slash wasnt happy with him (even at the time) and he obviously put himself in the position anyway.  But its clear that Axl imposed his presence.
So Slash left his pride and joy band because of Paul Tobias?
The same Paul Tobias who Axl says
" The original intentions between Paul and myself were that Paul was going to help me for as long as it took to get this thing together in whatever capacity that he could help me in. So when he first was brought into this, he was brought in as a writer to work with Slash. At the time those guys never suggested one name. Nobody else. Ever.
Theres a whole other paragraph on this topic, so if you want go back and read it. It saysd it all.

Umm...the VMAs were a surprise performance.  I guess Slash didnt know about...
How come GNR fans new about it a few days before. Slash has many friends that are in the music business. Theres a decent chance he new about it.

The "cream your pants" reaction is becoming a staple in your defense mechanism routine...nearly taking the place of such favorites as "Vr is good rock n roll, and thats fine til the big boys come out to play," "your gonna find out for yourself," and "Vr is a good rock n roll band and they will rock, but gnr will rock the world".  Good to see that such dazzling variety.
I only speak the truth my friend. Glad you have noticed.

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2004, 01:38:45 AM »

after axl fired matt thats when i think matt started gettin into slash' head and stuff, there is an article somewhere, by god i know i read it, cause i didnt think nothing bad of Matt till i read that article, and reading that made me go "whoa" to myself cause i even said it a few months back about paul tobias bein yoko when matt sounded like that

ill try to research and find it again

I believe Slash left before Axl whacked Matt so shouldn't any supposed comments that may have "got into Slash's head" be deemed irrelevent?

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2004, 01:43:16 AM »

didnt matt say something to paul tobias or something? fuck where is this god damn interview, its driving me fuckin crazy, it may have been duff's head then that he got into

it was some band member, fuck im gonna find it, ill return with the evidence!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2004, 02:07:36 AM »

Who knows to what extent they caed for his presence, but obviously that changed toward the end.  He helped write like what, two songs?  And as far as I know, one of them (possibly more) were worked on before GNR even came to be.

He was part of the problem it seems.

" The original intentions between Paul and myself were that Paul was going to help me for as long as it took to get this thing together in whatever capacity that he could help me in. So when he first was brought into this, he was brought in as a writer to work with Slash. At the time those guys never suggested one name. Nobody else. Ever.
Theres a whole other paragraph on this topic, so if you want go back and read it. It saysd it all.

And that quote proves...?  

The quotes that are more relevant to the discussion are ones made by Slash, Matt and Duff, since they were the ones uncomfortable with Huges presence while Axl was the one imposing him onto the band.  

How come GNR fans new about it a few days before. Slash has many friends that are in the music business. Theres a decent chance he new about it.

GNR fans knew because of message boards and such...Not sure Slash was perusing the forums in the days leading up to it.

You assume that he knew, he says that he didnt.  Maybe you know more than he does about what happened, but Im not going to join in on that assumption.

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2004, 02:15:17 AM »

And that quote proves...?  

The quotes that are more relevant to the discussion are ones made by Slash, Matt and Duff, since they were the ones uncomfortable with Huges presence while Axl was the one imposing him onto the band.  
It proves nothing other than that there is another side to the story than just matt/duff slash point of view/opinion.
And thats another thing. Who cares what Sorum says? He acts as if he was a pivotal member of gnr. He wasnt.And he has nothing to do with gnr breakup.

I could bring Dizzy into the mix but I dont because he wasnt a pivotal member of the band during that time. Same with Sorum.

And Duff stayed with GNr a year longer than SLash. He left because Axl was too slow and didnt get shit done. Unless Tobias urked Duff so much he decided to leave too?
Its between Slash and Axl.

If Duff stayed I wonder if there would be this animosity toward Axl and the other guys. Who knows. But he didnt so we will never know...

You assume that he knew, he says that he didnt.  Maybe you know more than he does about what happened, but Im not going to join in on that assumption.
Im not syaing he knew. I said there was a decent chance he found out as well.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 02:24:45 AM by younggunner » Logged

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2004, 02:25:54 AM »

And thats another thing. Who cares what Sorum says? He acts as if he was a pivotal member of gnr.

He kind of was.  Granted, he might have been the low man on the totem pole within the band, but he was still a member.

And Duff stayed with GNr a year longer than SLash. He left because Axl was too slow and dint get shit done. Unless Tobias urked Duff so much he decided to leave too?
Its between Slash and Axl.

Duff left because ultimately he realized it was no longer GNR, or a band he enjoyed being in.  Hes said that quite a few times, recently as well.

Im not syaing he knew. I said there was a decent chance he found out as well.

Whatever the case is, he claims to have heard about it the morning after, which would answer you question concerning phone calls before GNR went on and psychic friends.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2004, 02:40:22 AM »

Duff left because ultimately he realized it was no longer GNR, or a band he enjoyed being in.
Duff left because of Axls laziness and not doing anything right away. Fact is he stayed much longer than SLash. He didnt let Paul Tobias push him out of his band.
Maybe he stayed because he would partcipate in what Axl wanted to do as well. How come he didnt leave with Slash if Axls vision was so unfathomable as Slash always says.?
Even if Duff didnt agree with Axls vision, which we have no idea either way, if he did or didnt, he stuck around and tried to make it work. HE tried to keep peace. But then he gave up. Not because of music philosophies but because of the whole time issue.

How come Slash didnt do the same? Im not syaing SLash was the one who had to compromise but why make it seem like Axl was on this crazy musical vision. Duff seemed to go along with it. It couldnt have been that bad.

He kind of was.  Granted, he might have been the low man on the totem pole within the band, but he was still a member.
Dizzy Reed has stuck around for awhile. He has nothing bad to say.
Booker you can bring sorum and duff into the mix all you want...it comes down to axl and slash
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 02:49:05 AM by younggunner » Logged

Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2004, 03:41:44 AM »

Duff said he didnt see GNR play at the VMS's because he was in school learning about business. Then Slash said he "refused to watch it." The "whole bucket thing"....  as thrown out there.

Youve misled people with your entire post.  Slash didnt say anything about "The bucket thing".  Those words came from Gary.  

They also talked about Axl getting fat, and Axl goin balled.

Again, no.  Howard and his crew said all of this, not anyone from VR, except Scott who made the eyebrow comment.  Even Matt, whos said things about Axl before, said nothing insulting.

This, all before Matt gave a speech saying he has worked with 3 of the biggest frontman, and said Weiland is the best frontman he has ever worked with, and the most gifted frontman today, and wanted to only talk about VR and not waste time with GNR.

If youre going to make a post about this stuff, you should have your shit straight.

Matts exact quote:

"Ive been in the best seat in the house for three bands that Ive been in, right....The Cult with Ian Astbury - great frontman, Axl Rose - great frontman...Scott Weiland is the worlds greatest rock and roll frontman right now."

He does not say Scott was the best frontman hes ever worked with.

Wait....wait.... something does strike me as odd. Maybe Im just fucked up. Didn't Slash say he "REFUSED" to watch this new GNR perform? Didnt he say that? Yea, he did say that. Slash also retold the story on Stern about how he tried to get into Mandalay Bay to see this new GNR perform on New Years. What a fucking thing that is. The only Contra is his own Contradiction.

What a clever, profound statement.  But if you listened to the interview (Im starting to think you just heard about it, or maybe you were half asleep watching it), Slash says that the main reason he didnt watch the VMAs was because of what everybody was telling him about it, and he claims that he didnt want to see it.

Whoa wait up. Man, havent even read through the posts comin after this one here, Ill get to them, but first I have to address this one first. Im me, and I dont let things like this slide.

Its true I didnt have some bitch type out the dialog from the show, and its all how I saw it. In response to you and your degrading words, I got this to say. When a show is on TV, you get the added plus of not just hearing what they are saying but you digest everything as a whole because you have eyes that can see the expressions and reactions, the things you cant digest from the radio. I am beginning to think you didnt see the E show, and are just misleading people based soley on what you heard from the radio. I will clarify.

Slash and Duff said plenty. And you are way off with some of what you stated as fact. The plastic surgery inquiries.duff found that very funny. When it was directed at Slash, Slash did break out the big grin, and said "yea" before cut off by weliand.

More to the point of Slash. Slash absolutely said in regards to the VMA's is that he first said he "refused to watch it." rewatch it again dude, you would have to be a mongoloid to miss it Im not saying you are, so rewatch it. I did, with my bro, and we got into our new thoughts on Slash because of it. Slash did get into what you wrote, but it was later when it was his turn t comment on it. When the question was first put out there, slash blurted it out. His exact words were "I refused to watch it"

This brings up and proves that he is a liar, with this funny as fuck contradiction (of him earlier trying to see them live).

Whathefuck anyway.

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2004, 03:45:00 AM »

Duff left because of Axls laziness and not doing anything right away. Fact is he stayed much longer than SLash. He didnt let Paul Tobias push him out of his band.

First, I didnt say that Paul was the only/biggest reason the guys left, but one of many.  And he probably was more of a problem with Slash, and then Matt.  But its no secret he was Axls friend, and not accepted by the other guys.

Second...

"I was sober...and I kind of opened my eyes and looked around and started going down to rehearsel...and it was really Axls thing and thats not what Guns N' Roses was - it was a united front, thats what made it different.  We all wrote the songs, we all had shared this vision and we were like a family...and the family fell apart." - Duff from his interview with Mickey Kravitz from about a month ago  
R4tfink
Naked Waldorf in front of the computer
Legend

Fuckoffsville.

« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2004, 04:11:29 AM »

If the guys really said those things about their former singer, then don't be surprised if Axl has a thing or two to say whenever he sees fit.
/jarmo

Good point.

To be quite frank, the success of Velvet Revolver could be a blessing in disguise for Axl and GN'R.

It could inspire AXL to get the album out quicker and directly compete with VR.

If he does we could have some kick ass rivalries,rants and music to boot.

Or is that wishful thinking? ------Yes!

Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2004, 04:46:17 AM »

But that clearly wasnt the case.  I dont know if he decided to be in the band, but Axl did, and it wasnt cool with the band.

but it was easy to see that Slash wasnt happy with him (even at the time) and he obviously put himself in the position anyway.  But its clear that Axl imposed his presence.

First, Back Off Bitch was written a long before GN'R. Did Paul write anything with/for them after that? Well, OMG, but that doesn't count for the Slash-era.

Axl can say that the others didn't suggest anybody, but it's just not true. Slash always wanted to work with Ryan Roxie, he told in the '94-'96 interviews, just Axl had  that Paul-vision and didn't care about the others.

Do you think that bringing Yoko Tobias to the studio to do extra guitars on Sympathy without Slash & Co knowing anything about it was a fair movement? I understand Slash got pissed off. Nobody, even Axl can decide whom Slash or his guitarist will play with. Well now, that GN'R is Axl Rose's solo project he decides who play in 'GN'R'...

Edit: Fixed the messed up quotes that were messing up the page layout... /jarmo
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 09:22:09 AM by jarmo » Logged

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
Dizzy
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2004, 10:27:50 AM »

The original intentions between Paul and myself were that Paul was going to help me for as long as it took to get this thing together in whatever capacity that he could help me in. So when he first was brought into this, he was brought in as a writer to work with Slash. At the time those guys never suggested one name. Nobody else. Ever.

My question is that if that's the case, why didn't any of the other band members, Slash in particular, know about Paul?  Slash stated that he had no idea Paul came into the fray until he heard Paul's guitar on "Sympathy for the Devil".  He further stated that he had a problem with Axl bringing in another guitarist without consulting him first.  So if Axl's intentions were only to bring in another guitarist to write and play with Slash for the time being, why would he not even tell Slash about it?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 10:28:49 AM by Dizzy » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2004, 11:25:26 AM »

But its no secret he was Axls friend, and not accepted by the other guys.

Duff didnt mind because he was around after Slash left.

Yes, Duff left because it became a totally different situation than GUns once was. My point is he wasnt offended by Axls supposed "vision". He stayed around and tried to make things work. It obiviously didnt and he left.

My question is that if that's the case, why didn't any of the other band members, Slash in particular, know about Paul?  Slash stated that he had no idea Paul came into the fray until he heard Paul's guitar on "Sympathy for the Devil"
Thats what slash says and Axl says the opposite.

He further stated that he had a problem with Axl bringing in another guitarist without consulting him first.  So if Axl's intentions were only to bring in another guitarist to write and play with Slash for the time being, why would he not even tell Slash about it?
Im sure he would have a problem with it. Tobias wasnt brought in to play in GNR. He was there because Axl though he was better than Gilby and that he could help the band.

Old Man In Chains
Opening Act

« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2004, 12:22:59 PM »

First of all, Stern was the one taking shots at Axl.  I would hardly consider Duff laughing or Scott saying something about Axl's eyebrows to be slamming Axl.  Slash trying to go to the Vegas show and then saying he refused to watch the VMAs does not make him a liar.  He was in Vegas and saw that the band he helped create and make successful was playing and was naturally curious.  That's different than refusing to watch the VMAs after you have been told what a pathetic joke it was.  I am a huge Axl fan, but if there is anybody who deserves to be slammed it's him.  He was largely responsible for tearing the greatest band ever apart.
It was the original 5 that made GNR what it was, but AXl thinks it was all him.  His ego and all around insanity drove everyone away.  Now he is a fucking joke.  Braids and plastic surgery and jerseys, he looks like a fucking clown.  He is quickly becoming the Michael Jackson of hard rock.  The only thing that can save him is to release CD, if it even exists, but it will probably never happen.  I feel bad for him, because in 1988 Axl Rose was the coolest motherfucker on the planet and my hero and now he is about as uncool as you can get.

With your bitch slap rappin' and your cocaine tongue you get nothing done
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2004, 12:38:23 PM »

Yes, Duff left because it became a totally different situation than GUns once was. My point is he wasnt offended by Axls supposed "vision".

"...and it was really Axls thing and thats not what Guns N' Roses was"

Come on, how much clearer can it be.

Even Axl said that Duff and Matt refused to work on "Oh My God" in the press release.  I dont think they refused because they shared the same vision...

Thats what slash says and Axl says the opposite.

Slash said while he was still in the band...

Im sure he would have a problem with it. Tobias wasnt brought in to play in GNR. He was there because Axl though he was better than Gilby and that he could help the band.

Apparently he was, since he was on an officially released GNR song - without the knowledge of the others.  
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 12:47:19 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2004, 01:36:42 PM »

Apparently he was, since he was on an officially released GNR song - without the knowledge of the others.  
Now whether or not Paul was going to be officially on the album or on the tour that really wasn?t an actual consideration at the time. It was in the air as a possibility but Paul was a friend trying to help us and he had a huge respect for Slash.

Slash left because Axl felt GNr needed to explore musically. That doesnt mean they have to revolutionize music or there sound, just keep pushing the envelope. SLash felt it wasnt necessary. They are both wrong for not being able to compromise. Duff was willing to compromise and stayed with Axl as long as he could. But by that point old gnr was over. So he left

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: