Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 05, 2024, 03:03:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228551 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Velvet Revolver On E! Stern Show and the Potrayel Of Axl/ GNR 2k
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver On E! Stern Show and the Potrayel Of Axl/ GNR 2k  (Read 31054 times)
axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2004, 05:30:31 PM »

Anyone that has seen a live show of VR (or STP for that matter) knows that Weiland is a top notch front man.  Amoung the best in the business today.  The best thing VR ever did was go with him.

And I'm sure working with Weiland is 1000% better than working with the eyebrowless one.  Can anyone here deny that?

And I'm sure that I probably wouldn't be able to contain my laughter either if Stern asked me about Axl's plastic surgery and I knew him personally when he was actually good looking.

And, at the moment, there is just comparing Axl to Weiland cause its a one round knockout punch by Weiland.  And all this, 'well wait till Axl puts out his album" stuff is even more pathetic than Axl's need to have plastic surgery.  Until Axl puts out material (which it looks like he won't anytime soon), then stop dissing Weiland.  What is there to diss?  Man, some of you are so warped and your vision is so clouded that it makes me laugh out loud at my computer.

Scott Weiland is, at the moment, 10 times the frontman that Axlis and guess what ... no one is making fun of him and abusing him on the Howard Stern show.  Know why?  Cause there is nothing to make fun of.  HE has just produced a fantasic album with the lengendary Slash and Duff.

Axl Rose has become an industry wide joke.  It's sad but true. And if he is smart he willwait till next year to release CD so he doesn't lose the Grammy for best album to his old bandmates.  

But wait, let me guess, andlet me finish half of you guys' posts:

'Just wait till CD comes out'.

Funny shit man.

-TyRod-

First off, yeah axl is better, and i've seen vr live and i can't bear to watch scott weiland prance around like a girl. oh and there's nothing to make fun of weiland about? oh that may be true, but it's not like he's a class act.

anyone who honestly believes this douschebag is sober is smoking crack, how many times has he been arrested since he joined vr? how many times has he been arrested period? Oh and not too mention he's got a couple of kids at home, way to set an example fuckhead. And like slash and duff are going to go and tell people that weiland is on drugs? Some people take their words as gospel. Plus you would have to be on drugs to act like weiland on stage. Also he looks like he just got out of a concentration camp. Or maybe he's just on smack and doesn't really care to eat?

I seriously doubt weiland is off drugs when h e was quoted as saying that he doesn't know if he'll be able to stay sober. Good attitude buddy.  I don't know, which is worse? A never has-been junkie or a guy that gets plastic surgery? All of this shit with vr is starting to make me think that they are classless. It seems every opportunity they get they are saying something about axl. Get over it. Just because you were high or drunk when you signed away the gn'r name to the intellectually superior axl rose, you don't have to pout about it non-stop.

Slash and co. can rip on axl all they want, because they can't just talk about there music for the entire time, because it sucks so bad.

oh and you should have posted an advisory about your album of the year comment, because I was eating and almost choked to death.

Oh and who is slash to talk about plastic surgery? He's collaborated numerous times with the gloved one. If anyone is hurting the name of gn'r, it's that guy collaborating with the king of POP!! but it's I guess his collaboration with the brilliant Insane Clown Posse restores the gn'r name to respectability.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 05:40:02 PM by axls#2 » Logged

What Goes around comes around!
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2004, 06:41:57 PM »

First off, yeah axl is better

That's your opinion.

and i've seen vr live and i can't bear to watch scott weiland prance around like a girl. oh and there's nothing to make fun of weiland about? oh that may be true

You just made fun of him, and bashed him in all of your post, loser.

anyone who honestly believes this douschebag is sober is smoking crack, how many times has he been arrested since he joined vr? how many times has he been arrested period? Oh and not too mention he's got a couple of kids at home, way to set an example fuckhead.

I seriously doubt weiland is off drugs...

"Good attitude buddy!"

I don't know, which is worse? A never has-been junkie or a guy that gets plastic surgery?

You make it seem as if Axl has never touched drugs in all his life. Even though I don't think he was ever really addicted to anything, he easily could have been, but was lucky enough not to have been. He is human (regardless of what you may think) and so is Scott. You act as if Axl has never done anything wrong or has never been arrested for anything.

As for the plastic surgery, Axl has become a joke because people think he and his whole band look ridiculous. Some people can admit that and still be a fan of his, and I really don't blame Slash and co. for finding it funny either.

All of this shit with vr is starting to make me think that they are classless. It seems every opportunity they get they are saying something about axl.

Oh, I know... poor Axl. It's not like Axl would ever talk shit on them...

Get over it.

Take your own advice.

oh and you should have posted an advisory about your album of the year comment, because I was eating and almost choked to death.

Almost? Damn. That's too bad.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 06:44:25 PM by Imfuckincrazy » Logged

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2004, 07:10:36 PM »

On the Howard Interview, SLash said he refused to watch the performance. He said he left GNR with good memories and didnt want to have any bad ones with this new band.

Then why go attempt to see them in Vegas? Howard asked him why did you go then, and he replied because I was in Vegas and saw an ad witht he new GNr logo and thought it would be exciting.
I thought he refused to see it?

Theres no reason for him to be there other than to stir up controversy and make Axl look bad.

I could careless if Slash saw the VMAS or not. Like many things Slash tends to change his tune all the time.

Another thing that Slash kept saying in the interview was that he and Duff left at the same time. No they didnt. Duff stayed an extra year and finally left because Axl was too slow. My point is Duff would still be in GNR if Axl presented Duff with a more clear focused GNR plan. But obiviously that didnt happen. I wonder how different the attitudes of the fans would be towards Axl/new gnr and duff if that was the band today....

With that said, it really doesnt matter. We all know why GNr broke up. Axl and Slash were both wrong. Egos and stubborness got in the way. They couldnt compromise on each philosophies, hence we have the break up....

Even if Axl didnt keep the name, he still would be considered the one who broke up gnr. His new band would still be compared to GNRS previous efforts and would be judged the same way it will be when its released. So he kept the name. In his mind GNR hasnt ended. ANd it really didnt end the way it was supposed to.

Yea we all would love the fairy tale band to play together for 20+yrs and still be an impact. But that didnt happen. 2 of the founders and pivotal members of Gnr have moved on, but 1 stayed.

Its not the conventional band, but its tsill a band. A band that is extremely talented and has represented well I might add. A band that will attempt to continue the GNr legacy. Not ruin it or attempt to take credit for what GNr has already accomplished. If they were able to capture all of their talents in their work, then more than likely they will have done an excellent job. All I ask is that this band continues the Gnr legacy. Add a new era/chapter to the monstrosity known as GNR.

on a sidenote:
First off, yeah axl is better

That's your opinion.
Sorry but its a fact. Wink
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 07:12:48 PM by younggunner » Logged

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Scottyl333
Headliner

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2004, 08:00:55 PM »

I went to the GNR show in Columbus, Ohio in 2002 and he sounded awesome.  Hes a great frontman and Weilend is not even comparable.  Im not saying he is bad but there not even on the same page and everyone knows that.  I watched some of the old concerts from the early 90s and Axl's voice was not very good.  He was touring non stop and his voice just went out.  He sounds really good now.  

I admit Axl does look kind of weird with the no eye brows and braided hair but who am I to judge.  Sorum looked like a homo when he was with GNR.  Has anyone seen his hair.  It was like gerri curls.  He looked like a freak.  

The reason Slash and Duff make fun of Axl is because they can.  And Axl has made some mistakes when it comes to public relations so now he is looked at as a laughing stock but I dont think he is.

I dont like Slash for reasons that are not even related to GNR.  He played at some war protest march and I am in the army and I was offended by this.  Here is a guy who does drugs that kill millions a year and he protest against taking out a dictator.  Screw him.  I think hes a joke these days.  I also think they picked Weilend because they wanted the attention.  Hes a drug addict and is going to get in trouble so there publicity.  I will buy the VR cd but only because there is nothing out there these days.  When the new GNR cd comes out its going to sell a hell of a lot more then that.  I can see it selling like Usher's cd and even more.

Axl does what he wants and doesnt give a shit what people think and that is why I like him.
thinizzzy
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2004, 08:03:29 PM »

Ok my first post on this board, and after reading the initial thread I had to respond.  As a die-hard GN'R fan since 87', and an avid Axl supporter was at MSG in 02' and had tix to the next Philly show, the interview is being overanalyzed.  No other interviews do they talk about Axl, in order to be on Stern u can't tell him what u can and can't be asked.  So these questions were asked so they gave answers, they tried to get off the subject every time, for anyone that listened to the interview.  

First off, Matt's comments meant that Weiland is the best out there right now, and Axl was the best back in the day.  (Which people might say other current singers might be better, but as a huge and objective Axl supporter he can't be considered current "technically" since he hasn't released material).  He also said that to move the interview along, and to support Scott, after that he said let's not talk about that anymore.  

Second, Slash said didn't know about the VMA's till the next day when everyone was calling him about it.  And he refuses to show interest in New GN'R ever since he was barred from the Vegas show.  How can anyone say they wouldn't do the same thing, I would be pissed off and insulted as well.

Also the Weiland comment about surgery and Duff laughing, that's Stern everyone bashes everyone when people go on there.  Most people don't take everything said on there seriously, it's meant to infuriate people, that's part of the humor.  And Duff laughing so what, u don't think Axl talks shit about these guys c'mon people.
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2004, 08:06:55 PM »

anyone who honestly believes this douschebag is sober is smoking crack, how many times has he been arrested since he joined vr?

Once...

And the judge and D.A. believe Scotts sober since they hes been subjected to urinalysis and is still allowed to tour.  ok

Slash and co. can rip on axl all they want, because they can't just talk about there music for the entire time, because it sucks so bad.

Completely clueless...

Care to remind us how Slash was ripping on Axl?

Oh and who is slash to talk about plastic surgery?

Again, what did Slash say about plastic surgery?  Try basing your tantrums on actual quotes rather than imaginary ones.

axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2004, 08:39:28 PM »

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=703

that's one.

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/news/shownews.php?newsid=898

not an arrest, just a little incident trying to smuggle heroin into rehab, just last winter.

axls#2
Fire, fire, fire
VIP

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2004, 08:57:31 PM »

anyone who honestly believes this douschebag is sober is smoking crack, how many times has he been arrested since he joined vr?

Once...

And the judge and D.A. believe Scotts sober since they hes been subjected to urinalysis and is still allowed to tour.  ok

Completely clueless...

Care to remind us how Slash was ripping on Axl?

Oh and who is slash to talk about plastic surgery?

Again, what did Slash say about plastic surgery?  Try basing your tantrums on actual quotes rather than imaginary ones.

oh god, then he must be sober if he passed a urinalysis. Like an experienced drug addict hasn't figured out how to pass those Roll Eyes

you don't have to say something to get a point across, actions speak louder than words. seems as if by the reports he was rather amused when it was brought up. I wonder what his reaction would have been if it were michael jackson? i'm sure he would have said something to kiss his ass. and he just said something about a week ago about how he couldn't believe buckethead stayed in gn'r that long. He's speaking about something he has no idea about, talk about clueless.  He has no idea who's fault it was. Although i tend to think it was axl's, that doesn't mean slash should spout off about it in public. And his constant complaining about how axl is ruining the gn'r name.

My response to that is. I don't think your really enhancing the gn'r name by playing with micheal jackson and icp. He never said anything about the gn'r name when axl incited riots in st. louis and montreal.  And it sounded like the entire band was laying into him about his voice, hair, weight. It just irritates me that they act like this. Without axl they would have been lucky to be as successful as motley crue.

dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2004, 09:44:01 PM »

I think the shots that VR took at Axl was just there way of getting even with Axl.Didn't Axl take a few shot at them on the 2002 tour?I think this could be a great rock feud.It is sad to think all those guys once called themselves a family.

slash and duff have been taking shots at axl since they left gnr.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2004, 09:52:56 PM »

tyrod:

of course scott weiland is a better frontman than axl in 2004 i mentioned that in my post based on technicality

fuck based on that im a better frontman than axl in 2004 but that aint how u judge shit

people are saying that scott is a better frontman than axl

freddie mercury has been dead for over a decade and hasnt released anything, so does that mean scott is better than freddie also? based on that argument he is

and if u listen to music for "the music" and not lyrics, no wonder VR is your favorite group, cause technically u are listening to GNR, i know what i shouldve done, i shouldve took the worst GNR ballad and compared the lyrics to VR, but then again we arent comparing GNR to VR we are comparing scott weiland with axl rose

and u cant compare scott to axl, the lyrics "which is what u have to compare in basis of frontmen

we aint comparing music here, im not comparing guitar solos from loving the alien to madagascar, i already gave u that argument, slash destroys new gnr guitar wise, that aint no secret

but we are comparing strictly axl rose and scott weiland

axl's lyrics are clearly a  hundred times deeper more meaningful and better thus winning the argument!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Dizzy
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2004, 10:12:46 PM »

Only in your mind, since you twist every statement made by Slash and Duff way out of context.  Slash could say that he doesn't like Malibu's ever-eroding beaches, and you'd say "he is taking a shot at Axl for saying that, since Axl lives in Malibu".
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2004, 10:19:36 PM »

Its all an oppinion. Slash, Duff and Matt don't have the same oppinion as you. They don't have the same one as me. Just because they worked with Axl doesn't mean they have to love him.

2nd, Matt is right to only want to talk about what he is doing now. Would you like everytime you talked to someone for them to bring up a job you did 10 years ago and got fired from or your new job your proud of.

Just because Slash didn't want to watch Axl on TV doesn't mean he changed from wanting to see them live.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2004, 10:22:40 PM »

Eddie Vedder also writes very deep lyrics for Pearl Jam.  But listening to Pearl Jams last 3 albums..they suck. Just because you spend lots of time writing lyrics doesnt mean a song will be better. Axl should be happy with his #7 frontman of all time status. Because they're giving him more credit than he derserves. Starting riots with fans, and losing your voice at countless shows doesnt equal a great frontman imo.

Im going to watch some GNR bootlegs to get a better oppinion on this.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 10:23:14 PM by jabba2 » Logged
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2004, 10:23:04 PM »

Only in your mind, since you twist every statement made by Slash and Duff way out of context.  Slash could say that he doesn't like Malibu's ever-eroding beaches, and you'd say "he is taking a shot at Axl for saying that, since Axl lives in Malibu".

You have got to be kidding me.  I have never twisted any statement by slash or duff, i post the quote just as they said it.  

I find it amazing some people cant just admit it but oh well.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Dizzy
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2004, 10:26:26 PM »

I have never twisted any statement by slash or duff, i post the quote just as they said it.  

Yeah, and then you give your warped interpretation of it.  Fine example: the "When Guns was still cool" thread.
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2004, 11:35:19 PM »

i cant say anything about slash and duff bashing out axl, i mean its their right

i just dont want people on the board calling axl names and running their mouths when axl ever comes back if he does the same to them

people on here have a tendency to call paul tobias yoko

but in some ways i think matt has a yoko complex as well

i can just see matt behind the scenes whispering shit in slash's ear and driving a wedge between axl and slash

i still think Matt should think his lucky stars that Axl even let him into GNR

if axl hadnt let matt in GNR u know what he'd be? ex cult drummer on VH1's where are they now

Matt doesnt have the right in myopinion to trash axl especially if duff and slash arent

i like that what someone said

it seems like duff and slash are being very careful what they said as to not burn any bridges, makes u sorta sit back and think, or at least it makes me

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2004, 12:08:48 AM »

I think some of our faithful here have a hard time realizing Axl Rose's contemporaries, former bandmates and peers don't have a high opinion of him.

As for Matt being Yoko, why would he do anything "to drive a wedge between Axl and Slash"?  

That's senseless.  GNR was a helluva gig, high exposure and high paying.  Any dissent Matt would invoke would be cutting his nose off to spite his paycheck..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2004, 12:18:35 AM »

Because they're giving him more credit than he derserves. Starting riots with fans, and losing your voice at countless shows doesnt equal a great frontman imo.

Axl is one of the greatest frontmen to ever take the stage. His actions and his personality add to that as well. Axl did/does whatever he wanted. Gnr did whatever they wanted. That is why they were once the most dangerous band in the world. You dont get that title by simply making great music. They did everything...and what was so special about it was that they lived it.

I think some of our faithful here have a hard time realizing Axl Rose's contemporaries, former bandmates and peers don't have a high opinion of him.
Thats fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But when Axl states his opinion then hes the asshole.

Thier opinion of him is nothing new. He was a "selfish maniac" when they were in the band as well, so what. They have thier opinion and Axl has his.
If an outsider cant realize that both sides are at fault then they arent being fair....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
DRUNK
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2004, 12:22:26 AM »

Slash is a liar and a two face.  People think he is cool because he plays it cool, but behind the scenes, Slash is very differant.

You don't know Slash, you've never met him behind the scenes, so you don't know jack shit about what he's like behind the scenes.  So exit your fantasy world and quit pretending.

Tahe your own advice buddy.  Mr. Fake actor wannabe posting a resume on a message board, which is surely a lie.  You're laughable.  Now do me a favor, and do not respond to me ever again.  This means, do not quote me, do not post in my threads, and do not attempt to converse with me ever again.  I'd like to avoid you while I am here.  You are nothing but annoying, and I am in total disagreement with you at all times.  It can only lead to a constant bitchfest. I come here for my own enjoyment, and I don't want to see you.  Good bye

Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2004, 12:36:09 AM »

not an arrest, just a little incident trying to smuggle heroin into rehab, just last winter.

Yeah...an account that was never verified by any reputable new outlet.  Mustve pretty "little" that he was released no long after.

I don't think your really enhancing the gn'r name by playing with micheal jackson and icp.

Slash used the GNR name on those records?  This I did not know...

And it sounded like the entire band was laying into him about his voice, hair, weight.

What did they say?  Other than Scott, who has no relationship with Axl, what did they say to lay into him?  Because youre imagining how they reacted (considering you havent even see the tape or probably even hear the interview)...

As for Matt being Yoko, why would he do anything "to drive a wedge between Axl and Slash"?

Not to mention that unlike Huge, Sorum was already in an accomplished band and was hired and approved of by the whole band based on his musical merits - not because hes the singers friend.

Just because Slash didn't want to watch Axl on TV doesn't mean he changed from wanting to see them live

Yeah, this one eludes me...

Slash wanted to see the band live, before the concert even happened...so he didnt know what to expect.  That doesnt equal getting calls the morning after the VMAs informing him of how bad it was.  If he doesnt want to see the band that defined his life in that shape, its understandable, and quite different then going into GNRs comeback show with no expectations.

people are saying that scott is a better frontman than axl

freddie mercury has been dead for over a decade and hasnt released anything, so does that mean scott is better than freddie also? based on that argument he is

Thats not what they mean.  They mean that Scott Weiland today is better than the Axl of today...the one from the VMAs and 2002 tours.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: