Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 06:58:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  Velvet Revolver On E! Stern Show and the Potrayel Of Axl/ GNR 2k
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver On E! Stern Show and the Potrayel Of Axl/ GNR 2k  (Read 28719 times)
Buddha_Master
Legend

Real men use fists!

« on: June 12, 2004, 03:00:40 AM »

First excuse my words here as I am not the self that I normally am when posting.

I am though kicking back here watching Velvet Revolver (VR) on the Howard Stern Show on E television. There all there ready to play and taking questions from the big cheese. I heard part of this on the radio on way to work...but I missed much of the important commentary.

So let me recap as best as my memory serves. I know there was a topic what broke down this conversation, but I want to touch on a litte thing that makes me go hmmm.

Duff said he didnt see GNR play at the VMS's because he was in school learning about business. Then Slash said he "refused to watch it." The "whole bucket thing"....  as thrown out there.

Later, Stern inquired about the beating a dead horse question, in regards to Axl himself and the plastic surgery he supposedly got. Duff started giggling, and looked as if he was barely able to maintain himself from completely busting up. Slash said "yea" with a big green from ear to ear and was cut of by Weiland who said something about how strange Axl's eyebrows are now.

They also talked about Axl getting fat, and Axl goin balled. This, all before Matt gave a speech saying he has worked with 3 of the biggest frontman, and said Weiland is the best frontman he has ever worked with, and the most gifted frontman today, and wanted to only talk about VR and not waste time with GNR.

....now. Im not doin this as a fuck you VR suck my cock you fucksticks reason. I did this because it made me think about how things are viewed simply as they are today.

Wait....wait.... something does strike me as odd. Maybe Im just fucked up. Didn't Slash say he "REFUSED" to watch this new GNR perform? Didnt he say that? Yea, he did say that. Slash also retold the story on Stern about how he tried to get into Mandalay Bay to see this new GNR perform on New Years. What a fucking thing that is. The only Contra is his own Contradiction.

But I digress... the word is out. The opinions are like the nails waiting to close shut this Axl before he finishes what he started. Are they right? The potrayel on him and this GNR is sad and pathetic. They even touched on Axl's voice sounding jacked. Here is the old band, looking cool, talking about how shit is, and how they survived rehab, and overcame shit and are now in a real band. All the while helpiing to portray an image of a sorry punk bitch formely known as Axl.

But, the man is not here to say whats what. Maybe this assesment isnt far from the truth. Who really knows. But theres one thing I do know. We haven't seen the last of Axl. What just happened made me at the very least question my own potrayel and impression of him.

Its been so long its slowly begining to fade

I DON'T NEED TO BELIEVE IN A GOD
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2004, 03:19:56 AM »

u know i watched my chicago 92 dvds and my new york MSG 2002 dvd back to back tonight

and the proof is in the pudding

axl sounds 10 times better at msg than at chicago

his screams and stuff are awesome!

people cant get over the old band enough to give him credit

but live thats the best his voice has ever sounded

Matt sorum is a bitch, i didnt like him in GNR and i dont now

sayin scott weiland is the best frontman he's worked with

i think even the axl haters would have to say "bullshit" to that remark

cmon scott is good but he isnt on axls planet

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
jabba2
VIP

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 03:20:26 AM »

Fuck! I missed that show and i watch Stern alot. Hopefully someone uploads it online. About Slash not being allowed in to see the NewGNR, i dont know what to say...does Axl have that much power? Im sure hes got alot of bodyguards that block the backstage enterence...but shit, how would they know Slash was there? Its stories like this that make me believe Axl doesnt like touring and playing live. Its like 100% control of the audience or he doesnt want to play, which is too bad.
speed_stone
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 03:50:47 AM »

lmfao @ duff giggling like a homo. this is so sad, to see them put axl down like that. i never would've thought it just a few years ago, especially duff. he always seemed so supportive of axl, even after he quit the band. like they were still friends. but i'm so glad axl is out there putting together a follow-up to use your illusion, cause i know how big his talent is. i've always known that, since i was like 7 years old and first got into them, about 14 years ago. he's preparing a bomb, while these ex-junkies sit on howard stern who is biased as fuck and gossip like bitches and put out a half-ass record with the most shitty singer ever. it's a shame to see them fuck up like that, but damn am i gonna gloat when chinese democracy finally hits.
Where is Hassan Nasrallah ?
Coco
Legend

S?gol?ne Royal

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 04:31:00 AM »

axl sounds 10 times better at msg than at chicago

comparing axl stage presence and voice in the old days to the new days
is like comparing stanley kubrick's movies to roland emmerich's ones.
 Shocked

but we're not getting in a
GNR-VR fight
GNR-GNR fight
 Grin

D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2004, 04:37:17 AM »

his stage presence isnt better but his voice most definitely is, his screams are stronger,clearer and way more crisp possibly cause he was rested and wasnt 6 years straight into fuckin them up

but his voice gets better everytime i listen to 2002 concerts

sounds like he may use a little more falsetto now thats why its so high and clean his voice was so fucked in chicago 92 he could barely scream at all on live and let die

Walk
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2004, 07:02:42 AM »

Slash is trying to make himself believe Weiland is better than Axl. I don't think he can really believe it. Weiland has a monotone voice and is boring on stage. Axl has a great voice and runs around on stage, a much better showman!
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2004, 07:39:12 AM »

People always make cheap shots at Axl - just ignore it, especially from Matt Sorum Roll Eyes

As for Slash - he is a trixy one, but we follow him for his guitar skills not the nonsense he spouts.

Quick! To the bandwagon!
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2004, 07:44:06 AM »

Anyone that has seen a live show of VR (or STP for that matter) knows that Weiland is a top notch front man.  Amoung the best in the business today.  The best thing VR ever did was go with him.

And I'm sure working with Weiland is 1000% better than working with the eyebrowless one.  Can anyone here deny that?

And I'm sure that I probably wouldn't be able to contain my laughter either if Stern asked me about Axl's plastic surgery and I knew him personally when he was actually good looking.

And, at the moment, there is just comparing Axl to Weiland cause its a one round knockout punch by Weiland.  And all this, 'well wait till Axl puts out his album" stuff is even more pathetic than Axl's need to have plastic surgery.  Until Axl puts out material (which it looks like he won't anytime soon), then stop dissing Weiland.  What is there to diss?  Man, some of you are so warped and your vision is so clouded that it makes me laugh out loud at my computer.

Scott Weiland is, at the moment, 10 times the frontman that Axlis and guess what ... no one is making fun of him and abusing him on the Howard Stern show.  Know why?  Cause there is nothing to make fun of.  HE has just produced a fantasic album with the lengendary Slash and Duff.

Axl Rose has become an industry wide joke.  It's sad but true. And if he is smart he willwait till next year to release CD so he doesn't lose the Grammy for best album to his old bandmates.  

But wait, let me guess, andlet me finish half of you guys' posts:

'Just wait till CD comes out'.

Funny shit man.

-TyRod-
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2004, 07:59:00 AM »

Scott Weiland is, at the moment, 10 times the frontman that Axlis and guess what ... no one is making fun of him and abusing him on the Howard Stern show.  Know why?  Cause there is nothing to make fun of.  HE has just produced a fantasic album with the lengendary Slash and Duff.

Axl Rose has become an industry wide joke.  It's sad but true. And if he is smart he willwait till next year to release CD so he doesn't lose the Grammy for best album to his old bandmates.  

Er Roll Eyes

Check any review of Contraband u want - they all say the same about Scott Weiland ' washed up', 'screw up' - and endlessly refer to his 'problems' and how Slash scoured rehad centre's for a frontman

Just reading what u wrote - i have highlighted what i find most amusing....and wrong

Nothing like a bit of anti-Axl bias?

I like Axl and Scott - i see both their flaws, maybe u should take another look?

Quick! To the bandwagon!
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2004, 08:27:36 AM »

I like Axl and Scott as well.  As a matter of fact I like Axl more.  However, at the moment, there is alot more wrong with Axl then there is with Scott, and the media is eating it up ala Stern.  

I'm not sure what reviews you are reading, but the majority of reviews that I have seen have been quite complementary of Scott.  I have seen a few that say what you said, but for the most part the reviews of him are good.  And there is no denying that he is excellent on Contraband.

I wish Axl hadn't become a fucking joke, I really do.  But he is and there is nothing we can do about it.  Just ask WAAF in Boston, or Stern or anyone else you want to ask what they think of Axl.  You worshippers are in the sever minority and come across as having lost your minds.  

My point was that to state, like S-tone did, that they "put out a half-ass record with the most shitty singer ever" is a fucking ludacrious thing to say.  Wake up people.  It's gonna debut at #1.  How is that half-assed?  Weiland sounds incredible on the album and live (something Axl managed to do only a very very few times in his career), how is that shitty?

Axl's hired musicians (and we all know that that is whgat they are, they are not a band in any way) are all touring over the next 6 months.  You better get used to this because when VR drops FTPon the public, its gonna get worse.

-TyRod-
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2004, 08:48:04 AM »

I wish Axl hadn't become a fucking joke, I really do.  But he is and there is nothing we can do about it.  Just ask WAAF in Boston, or Stern or anyone else you want to ask what they think of Axl.  You worshippers are in the sever minority and come across as having lost your minds.

Despite the fact that Axl's done a lot of stuff to make him look like a joke to the general public, I think he's a magnificent talent, and Scott's not much compared to him. That doesn't mean I'm a worshipper. And I don't think anyone thinks I've lost my mind.. except maybe you.

Wake up people.  It's gonna debut at #1.  How is that half-assed?

That is probably the worst argument I've seen in my life.

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2004, 09:02:11 AM »

Matt gave a speech saying he has worked with 3 of the biggest frontman, and said Weiland is the best frontman he has ever worked with

Seems like some VR fans, STP fans and the guys in VR think Scott is a better frontman than Axl.....  Tongue

January 11th, 2004
Axl was voted the #4 greatest frontman of all time on the PowerHour show on Canadian music channel MuchMoreMusic's poll.

Steven Tyler, Ozzy Osbourne and James Hetfield beat Axl in the poll.

----

If the guys really said those things about their former singer, then don't be surprised if Axl has a thing or two to say whenever he sees fit.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
speed_stone
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2004, 09:05:50 AM »

^lol, looking forward to that! i love axl's rants... glad he's back.

tyrod tulip, you sound like a bitter little bitch. if that's bad to say on a message board, shoot me. scott weiland sucks.
he can't even be compared to axl rose.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 09:07:07 AM by S-tone » Logged
badapple81
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2004, 09:06:31 AM »

Later, Stern inquired about the beating a dead horse question, in regards to Axl himself and the plastic surgery he supposedly got. Duff started giggling, and looked as if he was barely able to maintain himself from completely busting up.

I believe Duff had some work done on his face as well.. to get rid of the little acne problem he always had? He's probably feeling a bit insecure cos his face looks about 15 years his age after all the drinking.
badapple81
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2004, 09:09:38 AM »

Matt gave a speech saying he has worked with 3 of the biggest frontman, and said Weiland is the best frontman he has ever worked with

Seems like some VR fans, STP fans and the guys in VR think Scott is a better frontman than Axl.....  Tongue

January 11th, 2004
Axl was voted the #4 greatest frontman of all time on the PowerHour show on Canadian music channel MuchMoreMusic's poll.

----

If the guys really said those things about their former singer, then don't be surprised if Axl has a thing or two to say whenever he sees fit.

/jarmo

Exactly! Anyway they are probably crying out for Axl to bite back so they can get some more publicity. Unlike Axl who can just walk on stage after 8 years of silence and get 200,000+ people without any publicity at all  yes
Cousin It
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2004, 09:10:22 AM »

Weiland a better frontman than Axl? Sorum (and several boardmembers) must have killed way too many brain cells. Musically, Weiland does not begin to compare to Axl. Problemwise the two were probably twins separated birth. Each has his own skeletons from the past and present that need to be dealt with.

It's really sad that people as talented as Slash, Duff, and Sorum need to continue to take pot shots at Axl for a little PR. As someone posted earlier, I have lost a lot of respect for the above mentioned trio in the last several months.

6/11/91, 12/16/91, 07/17/92, 11/22/02, 05/14/06, 05/15/06, 11/13/06, 11/20/11, 11/26/11, 2/23/12, 5/13/14, 7/12/16, 7/14/16, 8/13/17, & 7/31/21
speed_stone
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2004, 09:17:11 AM »

January 11th, 2004

----

/jarmo

Exactly! Anyway they are probably crying out for Axl to bite back so they can get some more publicity. Unlike Axl who can just walk on stage after 8 years of silence and get 200,000+ people without any publicity at all  yes

word. axl whoops their asses without even having a record out. imagine what will happen when chinese democracy hits stores. this board and the rest of the musical world will go off the hinges. and i don't know if you realize this turod tulip, but us "fanatics" aren't the only ones anticipating this record. over the years the interest has grown worldwide. the world is waiting for another guns n' roses album. that's a crazy thing to live up to, but axl is capable of doing it.
GNROSAS
Rocker

« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2004, 09:19:15 AM »

To me over the last motnhs Slash,duff and Matt are starting to lose more respect because of  their comments.

I start now to understand why Axl accused slash as a liar 2002 statement. Slash seems to contradict too much since he left gnr.

To me now Slash,Duff,Matt  seem like Media Whores.

Only Weiland seems to hold back and be more carefull about his comments with the media.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2004, 09:28:21 AM by GNROSAS » Logged
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2004, 09:36:01 AM »

i bought VR's cd im being supportive but i tell u what everytime they talk shita bout axl it makes me wanna throw it in the garbage

for slash and co to want the past to be the past they sure love talkin about axl

anyone who says weiland is better than axl is as dumb as someone saying finck is better than slash

ok fine tyrod i give u the technicality, right now weiland is the better frontman simply cause he is the only one with a record out and doing anything so he wins by default

u put loving the aliens,fallin to pieces,and you got no right together *and believe me i love all 3 songs especially loving the aliens

but lyrically and emotionally they all 3 combined do not touch the emotion and lyrics of a shit bootleg of "the blues"

Scott has one voice, he has to use a mega phone to change his vocals

axl is so diverse and unique u dont fuckin know sometimes if its him or someone else singing

who can sing the octaves that axl can? can scott play piano and compose beautiful compositions like axl?
can scott write songs like axl has? lyrically and melodically?

contraband is a good CD but cant no one tell me if u take the contraband music, let axl write lyrics and sing that it wouldnt be a 10 times better record?

weiland is good, i like him alot but realistically he cant hold axl's catchers vest! thats a fact!

i still get pissed as fuck when ozzy and james hetfield beat out axl, maybe steven tyler i can at least live with that, but come on james hefield? please!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: