Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2024, 03:13:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228098 Posts in 43259 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  MTV: GN'R Bassist Works Solo While Awaiting Chinese Democracy
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: MTV: GN'R Bassist Works Solo While Awaiting Chinese Democracy  (Read 12972 times)
gnrgoblue
Headliner

how did it come to this?

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2004, 09:55:36 AM »

I doubt Finck or Fortus will be willing to compromise there own style of playing on certain songs to accomodate Bucket's unique sound (nor is it fair to even ask them to do that). So I'm on the fence about all this. I guess, if nothing else it will hopefully allow for an earlier release of CD than if Axl wanted Bucket's parts replaced.

They?re in a cover band. Haven?t they all (other than Axl) already ?compromised their own sound? when they set out to perform songs written by another band?

In reference to the topic, pardon me if I don?t get all goopy between the legs because another one of Axl?s indistinguishable mercenaries predicts a release in the near future. These clowns have been either quitting or promising something soon for years.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 10:15:15 AM by gnrgoblue » Logged
madagas
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2004, 10:03:48 AM »

god, every artist has their own way of creating art. And there you go, YOU don't want rock music created like that and YOU don't think that is how it should be. Forcing your agenda on Axl's creative process! Gnrgoblue, everyone is not all hot and bothered by this-give the bad ass hard ass thing a rest. We know what Tommy says is meaningless. But, he did reveal that Axl is producing the record and that is noteworthy. Undecided
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2004, 10:08:52 AM »

Its cool to see Tommy tell the truth about what goes on in terms of the reocrding process.

Im excited that BUckets parts will stay. I kinda new it would stay because Bucket brought a lot to the band.

I dont know why everyone is pleasantly surprised that Axl is also producing the album. He said this in one of those 2002 radio interviews. Something to the effect of " I have to be manager of the band and help produce the album as well." something liek that....anyways good stuff cant wait to hea tommys album....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
gnrgoblue
Headliner

how did it come to this?

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2004, 10:13:34 AM »

god, every artist has their own way of creating art. And there you go, YOU don't want rock music created like that and YOU don't think that is how it should be. Forcing your agenda on Axl's creative process! Gnrgoblue, everyone is not all hot and bothered by this-give the bad ass hard ass thing a rest. We know what Tommy says is meaningless. But, he did reveal that Axl is producing the record and that is noteworthy. Undecided

Fair enough. I?m not sure what the ?bad ass hard ass? comment is in reference to, but your point that Axl producing the album is news, is well-taken. I suppose I might care if one of the following results from this development: A) The album actually comes out; B) The album comes out faster; or C) the album is substantially better than it would have been.

I don?t know whether any of these will transpire, so I suppose I have no reaction to this news. I don?t care. Yet (if ever).
madagas
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2004, 10:17:07 AM »

You care enough to come read a Gnr message board-so you do CARE in some way or another. I'm just being a smartass. The fucking thing has to come out at some point.
Hanoi_Guy
Headliner

Until The Bitter End..

« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2004, 10:20:57 AM »

Great News!

Tommy is Da Man  ok

gotta buy his album too...

"Aina on ollut kaaos, kun olemme olleet yhdess? m?kill?. Kun tulin, Matti(Nyk?nen) heilui siell? t??ll? ja Merkka(Tapola) ei pysynyt pystyss?. V?lill? Matti oli p??ll??n kukkapuskassa, Hujanen kertoi"
2NaFish
Harbinger of doom and gloom
Legend

Something Witty.

« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2004, 10:34:21 AM »

There are far too many negative people around here. This isn't bad news in any way.
Mikkamakka
Daddy Cool
Banned
Legend

Half man, half beast

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2004, 10:48:54 AM »

Im excited that BUckets parts will stay. I kinda new it would stay because Bucket brought a lot to the band.

I dont know why everyone is pleasantly surprised that Axl is also producing the album. He said this in one of those 2002 radio interviews. Something to the effect of " I have to be manager of the band and help produce the album as well." something liek that....anyways good stuff cant wait to hea tommys album....

I thought everybody knew that Axl is the new producer.

I hope they'll release the album this year, however I'm scepitcal how Finck and Richard will play BH's parts. But I don't mind if they go on tour or they don't just release the album. And then release an album at least in every 3 years.

'Once there was this Rock 'N' Roll band
Rollin' on the streets
Time went by and it became a joke'
yagami1gnr
Headliner

Sultans of swing

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2004, 11:16:28 AM »

I think that you and some people in this board are a little obsesioned with Bhead, don't misunderstand me. I think that Bhead is an amazing guitar player, however people(specially dave) consider him that only real value of the band (besides Axl); However you don't take on consideration all the time that Robin was on the band, who's to say that he has created amazing riffs(maybe better than Bhead).  I know that he has to prove to us what he can do, and I hope he brings great stuff to the band.
 peace
matt88
Riding The Nightrain
Legend

Slash is the King

« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2004, 11:38:02 AM »

There are far too many negative people around here. This isn't bad news in any way.

Couldn't Agree more ok

"I've been draggin my heels with a bitch called hope let the undercurrent drag me along"
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2004, 11:46:09 AM »

I think that you and some people in this board are a little obsesioned with Bhead, don't misunderstand me. I think that Bhead is an amazing guitar player, however people(specially dave) consider him that only real value of the band (besides Axl); However you don't take on consideration all the time that Robin was on the band, who's to say that he has created amazing riffs(maybe better than Bhead).  I know that he has to prove to us what he can do, and I hope he brings great stuff to the band.
 peace

I never said BH was the only value in this band.
I love robin and the other members, what I said was BH next to axl has the most talent in this band.  I think robin is great but BH was just something special, atleast his parts are staying, I dont care if BH tours or not, all i cared about if they kept his parts on CD and they are. The good news is they are not getting a new guitarist to redo BHs parts.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 11:47:21 AM by dave-gnfnr2k » Logged

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
noonespecial
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »

WHOA!  ;DTommy's tour is starting August 4th...just checked his Web Site...Yea!!! If it's anything like last year, that'll kick some ass! I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned in MTV article...How Cool Is That!
Mysteron
Legend

..?..?..

« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2004, 12:38:18 PM »

WHOA!  ;DTommy's tour is starting August 4th...just checked his Web Site...Yea!!! If it's anything like last year, that'll kick some ass! I'm surprised that wasn't mentioned in MTV article...How Cool Is That!

Catch Tommy on tour if you get a chance. He's very good live
Jonx
VIP

Mad At Nascar

« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2004, 12:47:37 PM »

Sounds like a release date is getting closer!

Yet again with these legal issues, this is really bugging me. Someone out there has to know whats going on.
the dirt
Princess
Legend

A hair's breadth!!

« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2004, 01:31:31 PM »

I thought everybody knew that Axl is the new producer.

Everyone probably knew he was co-producing. Now it seems he is doing all the producing himself.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 01:32:37 PM by the dirt » Logged

The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
TyRod Tulip
War-huh What is it good for?
Banned
VIP

Sweetness is a virtue and you lost your virtue long ago

« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2004, 01:44:45 PM »

The legal issues probably have something to do with defining what is considered orignal GNR and what is considered nuGNR in the context of Slash and Duff's lawsuit.  That's my guess anyway.

Like always, this appears to be good news, but we shouldn't get too excited about this until we get official word.  I will never believe anything I hear the rest of my life in any facet of my life that contains the word 'soon'.  hihi

I agree that the words 'methodical perfectionist' are not good to hear in the context of making a rock album.  Didn't the band record AFD is about 1 month's time, and that was the perfect art creation.   Undecided

Axl as producer concerns me too.  I think he has taken on too much responsibility already, and adding additional duties is not a good idea.

-TyRod-
odd1
Banned
Rocker

The storm is getting CLOSER !!!

« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2004, 01:46:02 PM »

Hi
Legal issues? Often takes  a very looong time.
Snakepit__
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2004, 01:53:21 PM »

I Just Heard Some Clips From His New Album, And It's Fucking Awesome, Man!

I Can't Wait To Get The Album!!
chineseilusions
Sweet home Alabama
VIP

Now that's a llama

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2004, 02:00:48 PM »

that's the case, then Axl's reason for cancelling RIR3 is out the window.  
Not really IMO Maybe Axl did not know what he was going to do at the time of the press realease maybe he had to take some time to think it over.

Legal issues have been brought up a couple of times. I wonder what they are?

My Guess is the suit against him by Slash and Duff.Maybe the suits with his ex-wives about the abuse could have been the reason in the past.

Wonder what his sound is like.

I am expecting a Use You Illusion type sound.
littleredcorvette
Banned
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2004, 02:22:50 PM »

Maybe Axl is hoping that when the record is out, the single does well and the band start doing TV spots and interviews that Bucket will realise what he's throwing away and come back.

Because it could end up that several million people own a copy of some of his best work ever and that he doesn't want anyone else to try and play it feels the need to play it himself.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: