Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 28, 2024, 01:41:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228119 Posts in 43261 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  What New GNR can learn from Velvet Revolver's juggernaut
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: What New GNR can learn from Velvet Revolver's juggernaut  (Read 16061 times)
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2004, 10:57:13 AM »

Axl's PR man should tell him to quit cutting down Slash in a condescending way for being loaded,
Does Axl even have a PR man?? I dont think he does.. He NEEDS a PR man if he ever wants his new band to anything more than an Underground band.... a PR Team and an albume would help him out alot...

Get him interviews, TV spots, Soundtracks... then he can talk about Slash anyway he wants... who cares how he speaks about Slash anyways.... its his lack of the basic PR that has has pissed his fans off not his speaking about slash....

Instead, we get Axl's forced explanation, and nothing.  No radio interviews, no gigs, no video, no net streaming.
this is why he needs a PR man.... he has nothing to offer fans except broken dates and broken promises......

GNR's 2002 tour should have been a theatre tour,
I disagree with this.... The tour would have ended up a success if they had played bigger citys to begin with.. but when you play Fargo, Nampa, Colombus, Cleveland but never play L.A, Miami, Texas, Phoenix, Denver or any other major towns of course the tour income is less playing in Fucking Nampa or Fargo than Los Angeles or Denver...

with then secondary arena dates scheduled in the following markets:  Toronto, LA, New York, Miami, Philly, Phoenix, Mexico City, Rio, Tokyo, London, Sydney, and Paris.
They played 5 of those citys and 3 more were already scheduled....

HE NEEDS:
an album,
a PR plan,
a webpage
a guitar player
and to start giving a fuck about his fan base.....

He has none of those... and untill he does he will continue to fail....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2004, 11:01:41 AM »

He has Guitar players. He needs to release a Fucking Album, First and foremost. the rest will fall into place afterwards.

outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2004, 11:13:37 AM »

He has Guitar players.
obviously not enough to take the stage at RIR.... so he needs a fucking guitar player..

He needs to release a Fucking Album, First and foremost. the rest will fall into place afterwards.

you need a guitar player to release an album... if buckethead left on the terms that Axl said he did .. dont think for one second the red head will keep his parts on CD(his baby) and let him get any royaltys from it... no way... he will find a new guitar player and re record the parts.....
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2004, 11:28:11 AM »

He has Guitar players.
obviously not enough to take the stage at RIR.... so he needs a fucking guitar player..

Good Point Smiley

He needs to release a Fucking Album, First and foremost. the rest will fall into place afterwards.

you need a guitar player to release an album... if buckethead left on the terms that Axl said he did .. dont think for one second the red head will keep his parts on CD(his baby) and let him get any royaltys from it... no way... he will find a new guitar player and re record the parts.....

It's been 11 years already, what's another 2 right? rofl
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 11:29:18 AM by Neemo » Logged

younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2004, 11:33:53 AM »

The only thing GNR has to do is release the album. Thats it. Whne that happens and the music is good evrything will be fine. You wont have to worry.

Till then if it makes you cream your pants when you think that they have no material and the music side of the project is a mess...good for you...but its not the case....Along with Brian May, "who said if GNr are trying to make a perfect album they arent too far off", there have been a few others who have said they have 3 albums worth of material.

Again if you doubt we will ever see that material is one thing...and thats fine, its fair but why be an ass and say it doesnt exist when it really does. Why the fuck would the band and peopel lie about actual material.

Thats the problem. You all think GNr is some sort of comspiracy. Its not. Actually its pretty simple.
Ill do it slowly for you...
Band began in 98/99..began to explore sounds, record, band started to solidify...
2001...bucket came....made even more material....
2002-vmas, tour...now do we all remember that Axl interview after the vmas boys and girls? What did uncle axl say? "we will go back and do some more recording"...now what does that mean? it means they werent dont with the material yet....
3003/2004...Axl is ready to release, but gh is released...Axl is ready to release...bucket quits...hence our current delays....

Was that so hard to understand? Shit has happened along the way. Lawsuits etc. When the time is right it will be released. You can either wait or not wait. Or both. But dont be a lil pussy about it in the meantime. Especially when more than liekly your gonna be kicked right in the face by the music of the monstrosity that is known as gnr...and youll like that kick in the face....

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #45 on: June 09, 2004, 11:37:17 AM »

It's been 11 years already, what's another 2 right? rofl

good god i dont want to wait 2 more years.. i just want a single!! i dont even care about the album anymore... id settle for a single!!!! this is too much... but i still come to the sites everyday for an artist who hasnt done a damn thing and I never go to the sites for the bands who i enjoy and produce...

god damn i feel stupid waiting for this fucking stupid CD...

Neemo
Legend

« Reply #46 on: June 09, 2004, 11:37:56 AM »

I agree with you outlawaxl. I've been doing the same thing now for a couple of years. When they went on tour in 2002. I thought, "OK here we go!" but, WRONG!!! now here we sit 2 years later and nothing. Come on AXL release a FUCKING ALBUM already. It'll all be good, buddy, just drop the damn thing. It ain't ever gonna be perfect. (But to all your fans it will be!!!)

Someone said once, "Music is never finished only abandoned" but I don't know who, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 11:59:02 AM by Neemo » Logged

AxlGunner
VIP

Ryu says: I am NOT a llama!

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2004, 01:21:15 PM »

3003/2004...Axl is ready to release, but gh is released...Axl is ready to release...bucket quits...hence our current delays....

what evidence makes you believe axl was ready to release CD in 2003 or 4? I haven't seen anything that points to that- in fact we've been fed the same bullshit for a couple years about how its always right around the corner by the bandmembers ("by june" "by late summer" "by fall" "by early next year" etc etc etc), and then axl says its not even coming out "soon"...

plus, why does axl always need all these excuses... i mean, come on, scott weiland was in fucking lockdown facilities, yet VR were able to put out a solid record in just a couple months. Wanna know why? Cuz they are a real band and not a one-man-show pretending to be a band.

now you know me better
Neemo
Legend

« Reply #48 on: June 09, 2004, 01:34:21 PM »

3003/2004...Axl is ready to release, but gh is released

What does GH have to do with CD? Considering Axl didn't even get to pick the track listing or write anything for it.  Just Axl's mad so everyone has to wait again. Whatever. Release an album already!!

Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #49 on: June 09, 2004, 01:39:22 PM »

It kind of gets lost in the shuffle with all the BS this band has been through the last several years, but I continue to feel that the biggest "misstep" the band and their management team made was failing to capture the momentum following their TRIUMPHANT Rock in Rio III performance in Jan. 2001. They had received mostly glowing reviews for their New Year's Vegas show (including from the NY Times) and then Kurt Loder (MTV) lavished them with the following praise for their Rio performance:

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1437951/20010115/story.jhtml

The stage was perfectly set for Guns to make a HUGE return and they had the credible mass media support without even launching the sort of professional PR campaign many of you are suggesting. The legacy and appeal of the Axl Rose/Guns N' Roses story was alive and well. BUT, if you recall, due to Buckethead's "potentially life-threatening illness", Guns had to cancel their entire European Summer '01 tour, which would have given them the opportunity to solidify their reputation as a tremendous live act capable of rocking hundreds of thousands and would have confirmed the fact that they were coming back FOR REAL. Instead, the cancelation (even if legitimate) brought back heaps of negative memories of Axl Rose, GN'R and their "unreliability" as a live act. Unfortunate but true.

Of course, Buckethead may very well have been sick, though after reading Axl's latest press release re: Bucket I have my doubts, in which case it's nothing more than a bit of bad luck. And to be fair 9/11 happened a few months later which effectively made rock concerts and rock "comebacks" etc. irrelevant for several months anyway. But STILL- something, like putting Madagascar and The Blues out as singles should have been done to keep the wheels churning from '01. Instead, one is left with the impression that GN'R has been chasing its shadow the last few years making vain attempts trying to recapture/recreate the actual momentum they truely had in January 2001.

That to me is the great mystery. What actually happened in the Spring/Summer 2001 that led everyone involved with the band to apparently take their eye off the ball when they truely had a good thing going.Huh

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #50 on: June 09, 2004, 02:06:50 PM »

i mean, come on, scott weiland was in fucking lockdown facilities, yet VR were able to put out a solid record in just a couple months.
Vr is a completely different band. Im glad they have made an album in a few months...thats why tehir album sounds rushed and doesnt click for the most part...
Im not saying you have to take 5 years to release an album but you also dont have to do it in 2 months. Theres no right or wrong way. What makes it right or wrong is when it finally gets released and the music you make is good....

Wanna know why? Cuz they are a real band and not a one-man-show pretending to be a band.
Keep telling yourself that

But STILL- something, like putting Madagascar and The Blues out as singles should have been done to keep the wheels churning from '01
I disagree. Look what happened with OMG. There was no video, no promotion, no album follow up.

Plus the blues and Maddy arent singles. They are songs that help make an album great. They are the role players. So if GNr were to release them what would be the point? Jyst to release soemthing?

You have to understand GNr are going to go and do things properly when the time comes. Their singles will have videos and then be followed by an album. Much like Vr and any band does whren releasing an album.

What actually happened in the Spring/Summer 2001 that led everyone involved with the band to apparently take their eye off the ball when they truely had a good thing going.Huh
Buckethead came in and they made even more material....

There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff off the previous list but it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. -Axl 2002

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2004, 03:59:29 PM »

There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ?okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff off the previous list but it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. -Axl 2002

it was time to stop that in 2002!!! 2004 is half OVER!!! there will be nothing in 2004 either..... NOTHING.. Just like those silly questions everyone sent to him...you get nothing from this man but empty promises and cancelled concert dates....

but yet i still come to the site everyday and never visit the sites of bands that are out there everyday ...

like i said earlier i feel like a fucking fool waiting on this fucking CD...  it took YEARS, YEARS of dissapointment for me to get to this stage... and now i just think Axls a fucking cock sucker and talking shit.. hes never going to release a god damn thing...  if he wanted to release a single he could... he wanted to show up at RIR he could... but its always an excuse .. hes been given every chance by every fan and music industry, concert promoter, media...

but still nothing more today than at the Vegas show on 01/01/01..

GNR can learn NOTHING from "Velvet Revolver's juggernaut"  coz he doesnt care..
« Last Edit: June 09, 2004, 04:04:46 PM by outlawaxl » Logged
Continental Drift
VIP

Dj's Army

« Reply #52 on: June 09, 2004, 04:11:43 PM »

I think the main point ultimately is that Axl should not have "returned" until he knew he had a final product CD-wise to tour with. I'm sorry, I love and support Axl but he's shot himself in the foot with this whole last 3 years of stops and starts. It does not engender the confidence of the media, his bandmates, his fans, or the general public in his new album and it basically just leaves him exposed for the BASH-FEST he's been subjected to since the VMA's. It's really too bad. Rather than wasting the band's energies and in some case patience (BH) on the aborted, and ultimately grossly counter-productive '02 North American tour (even the buzz from the MSG show got trashed in less than 24 hrs.)- wouldn't his efforts have been better spent in the studio finalizing the goddamn album? Had he done that- he could today be enjoying the hero's welcome he received in 2001 with the added bonus of a completed kick ass album to back him up.

He had a strong hand to play with the media and general public and he played it WAY TOO EARLY.... way before he was ready and now he's paying the price.  no

6/17/91  (Uniondale, NY)
7/29/92  (East Rutherford, NJ)
12/5/02  (MSG, NY, NY)
5/12/06  (Hammerstein Ballroom, NY, NY)
10/28/11 (Amway Center, Orlando, FL)
3/3/12     (House of Blues, Orlando, FL
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #53 on: June 09, 2004, 04:17:04 PM »

I think the main point ultimately is that Axl should not have "returned" until he knew he had a final product CD-wise to tour with. I'm sorry, I love and support Axl but he's shot himself in the foot with this whole last 3 years of stops and starts. It does not engender the confidence of the media, his bandmates, his fans, or the general public in his new album and it basically just leaves him exposed for the BASH-FEST he's been subjected to since the VMA's. It's really too bad. Rather than wasting the band's energies and in some case patience (BH) on the aborted, and ultimately grossly counter-productive '02 North American tour (even the buzz from the MSG show got trashed in less than 24 hrs.)- wouldn't his efforts have been better spent in the studio finalizing the goddamn album? Had he done that- he could today be enjoying the hero's welcome he received in 2001 with the added bonus of a completed kick ass album to back him up.

He had a strong hand to play with the media and general public and he played it WAY TOO EARLY.... way before he was ready and now he's paying the price.  no

yes well put dude....
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #54 on: June 09, 2004, 05:05:19 PM »

I think only promotion Axl needs is name Guns N Roses and he has it...  Smiley
when CD comes out it will be nr1 everywhere even with no promotion... but he has to release it though...  Grin
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

« Reply #55 on: June 09, 2004, 06:17:31 PM »

it was time to stop that in 2002!!!
In that same press release it said that aftrer the tour concludes they will go back and finish. What did Axl say after the vmas? After the tour finished they will go back and finish up the recording.....tour was supposed to end in 2003.

you get nothing from this man but empty promises and cancelled concert dates....
NO1 is sayin you have to stay

[but yet i still come to the site everyday and never visit the sites of bands that are out there everyday ...
because you know that theres a good chance that this band will deliver....

like i said earlier i feel like a fucking fool waiting on this fucking CD...  it took YEARS, YEARS of dissapointment for me to get to this stage.
Thats basically because when you read the hsit thats on the internet on a daily basis it builds up and causes that frustration, etc. Yea the band has said a few times it will be out soon or whatver...but they always say if everything goes right.
You choose to believe the lionel ritchie interviews, you choose to believe Axl goes to mental hospitals, you choose to believe all ceo's of record companies,marketing managers etc that we have here in the gnr fan community. As a result it builds up and now your fed up. Yea GNr could have kept us updated along the way but they didnt. O well. The mystique is still there.

if he wanted to release a single he could
What does releasing a single accomplish? Lets say they release a single and it does well...then what? where are the additional singles to follow, the videos, the album to go witht he momentum? Theres no point...

When GNR are ready to go ahead with this you will get GNr for the next few yrs. Relax....either wait or leave.

GNR can learn NOTHING from "Velvet Revolver's juggernaut"  coz he doesnt care..
They dont need to learn anything because they have their own plan. The only obstacle with this band is getting their shit together and not having badluck. Im sure Axl has a lot to do with that badluck but some shit you just cant control. So when everything is set will will get gnr and the singles, videos, ALBUM,tour, interviews,magazines, website and everythign else you can think of.....one of these days soon will be the word....

outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2004, 04:20:16 AM »

What does releasing a single accomplish?
well it gives the band a sense of accomplishment, they make music to share it with the world, it makes money, it pleases fans, it pleases the band, the management, the record labels.. it gets the music out there...

Lets say they release a single and it does well...then what?
then they have made music, shared the music.. made some cash on the way, established an idendity as a new band and not a cover band...

where are the additional singles to follow, the videos, the album to go witht he momentum?
you have to walk before you can run... he refuses to even fucking step...

Theres no point...
there is no point in a single?HuhHuhHuhHuh?? what the fuck does that mean??

They dont need to learn anything because they have their own plan.
what plan is that?? you have seen this "plan?" its written somewhere?? or you just belive it exsists... they have no plan... they had a plan and its a very simple plan.. you have to record music, release music, tour, release albums,.. have a website, a fan club, upcoming dates... thats the plan... its the same plan for all bands... Axl has none of these... so he has no fucking "plan"

The only obstacle with this band is getting their shit together and not having badluck.
this is not a band... the only one who needs to get his shit together is the fucking singer.....

some shit you just cant control.
like releasing music? or showing up for concerts? or updating your fans? is that the shit you "just cant control"  coz it seems to me if he did these things he wouldnt have the problems that he has now....

So when everything is set will will get gnr and the singles, videos, ALBUM,tour, interviews,magazines, website and everythign else you can think of
everything was set in 2001... its not anymore....

.....one of these days soon will be the word....

sure it will... I think we have seen the last of Mr Rose for along time....... lets remember this post come Christmas time and 2004 will be over with nothing new either... watch..

i used to have the blind faith in Axl Rose that you have now... so i know you will disagree with everything i have posted ...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 04:23:48 AM by outlawaxl » Logged
Mutherfunker
555-Dr-Shoe
VIP

Axl Bundy

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2004, 05:21:40 AM »

You have to be joking about releasing a single on it's own don't you? That would be a total fuck up. Establish the band, make them achieve something? From one single?  rofl rofl

You have to walk before you can run.  rofl So you're using that old chesnut to justify randomly releasing a single on it's own with no album to follow straight away?  Roll Eyes Could it be any more ridiculous?

As for a plan, why can't you see that a plan means releasing a single then an album then touring on it? There's nothing complicated about that, in fact isn't it what this thread was about? How GNR should follow that sort of plan?

Yes we haven't had anything, but how does that mean shit about the idea that when something does happen it will follow the usual sequence single, album, tour?

Well, just as we have faith in GNR pulling it together you seem to be putting all your faith in Axl being the problem in everything to do with the release. So how does that make you right? It seems you're guessing as much as the next person.

And what problems exactly is Axl having now because he hasn't released anything, or cancelled concerts? None. What are you talking about? The only problem they've had is Buckethead leaving and that could have been down to anything, especially seeing as he wasn't sitting around doing nothing, waiting for Axl.

@#$%Muther
outlawaxl
Rocker

The King of Kings

« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2004, 07:39:39 AM »

You have to be joking about releasing a single on it's own don't you?
how else would you release a single? thats why its called a "single" coz its on its own...

That would be a total fuck up.
how so? I dont see how releasing a single would be a total fuck up..  a soundtrack or a single on its own.. either way its getting some music out there...

Establish the band, make them achieve something? From one single?  rofl rofl
ummm no... Roll Eyes they have to release an album of course... and VR released a single and that got some music out there and got the intrest in the band started...

You have to walk before you can run.  rofl So you're using that old chesnut to justify randomly releasing a single on it's own with no album to follow straight away?  Roll Eyes
no im saying exactly that... you have to start with a single (walking) before you can run(releasing an album) .. This is a simple concept...
VR's album didnt follow "straight away" .. when was The Hulk released? almost one year ago.... If he cant get 12 of his 75 songs ready for release than something is wrong...

Could it be any more ridiculous?
any more ridiculous than the situation already is?? no i dont think so..
no guitarist, no new music, suing your record label, and this "plan" was supposed to have started in 2001..

As for a plan, why can't you see that a plan means releasing a single then an album then touring on it?
thats exactly what i said... he has to release something... start somewhere(single).. but he stops and starts and stops again and thats why i think he has no plan...

There's nothing complicated about that,
no there is not.. thats why im upset that he cant even follow it...

in fact isn't it what this thread was about? How GNR should follow that sort of plan?
yes... and my points were, Why doesnt he?? its a simple plan that almost all bands follow... its proven, it works,.... but the fact that he cant even follow 3 steps upsets me...

Yes we haven't had anything, but how does that mean shit about the idea that when something does happen it will follow the usual sequence single, album, tour?
?

Well, just as we have faith in GNR pulling it together you seem to be putting all your faith in Axl being the problem in everything to do with the release.
I have faith that he could do it if he wants too... but i dont think he wants to anymore coz its such a simple 1,2,3 plan that anyone can follow it... the fact that he chooses not to release any music, tour, single or album makes me start to think that hes just talking shit... hes delivered all promises but no results...

So how does that make you right?
It doesnt... how can i be right about something i know nothing about?? im only giving my opinion...

It seems you're guessing as much as the next person.
of course iam...

And what problems exactly is Axl having now because he hasn't released anything, or cancelled concerts?
the record label releasing old ass material is the problem he has because he hasnt released anything....

Clear Channel will prob never sponsor a tour of North America with him is the problem he is having because of cancelled concerts..

None. What are you talking about?
what are you talking about? id say Record labels releasing albums against artists wishes and the biggest concert promoter in North America pulling the plug on the last and most likely any future tours are some pretty big ass problems...

The only problem they've had is Buckethead leaving and that could have been down to anything, especially seeing as he wasn't sitting around doing nothing, waiting for Axl.

sense a pattern here??
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2004, 06:27:20 PM »

A perfect example of how the internet gets its bad name.

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: