Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 07:16:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  DUFF on SciFi Series "SLIDERS"
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DUFF on SciFi Series "SLIDERS"  (Read 2458 times)
rplcmint
Opening Act

Go, Tommy, Go!

« on: June 04, 2004, 05:16:40 PM »

It's a trip, Duff is on this TV series (SciFi Channel - Cable TV).

He's a drummer in the band STOKER who are a bunch of riff raff vampire hoods.

He just sent a man to his death:  Tapping a 16 beat on the dude's car ("One, Two, Three, Four") , which made it start up, go into gear, give it gas and then hit a wall and explode!!  This show rocks!!  ok (Actually it's cheezy as hell....but hey, it's Duff on TV!)

I'm not too sure what this gig is about, but it's produced by that Jerry O'Connell dude and concerns three investigators from another planet stopping destructive aliens on earth or something!

peace
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 05:18:56 PM »

the show is sliders
that was a good show til they started fucking with cast members

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 05:19:55 PM »

It's a trip, Duff is on this TV series (SciFi Channel - Cable TV).

He's a drummer in the band STOKER who are a bunch of riff raff vampire hoods.

He just sent a man to his death:  Tapping a 16 beat on the dude's car ("One, Two, Three, Four") , which made it start up, go into gear, give it gas and then hit a wall and explode!!  This show rocks!!  ok (Actually it's cheezy as hell....but hey, it's Duff on TV!)

I'm not too sure what this gig is about, but it's produced by that Jerry O'Connell dude and concerns three investigators from another planet stopping destructive aliens on earth or something!

peace

Occaisionally i think Duff is a vampire in a band but then i stop sniffing that tube of glue - give it a try ok hihi

Quick! To the bandwagon!
rplcmint
Opening Act

Go, Tommy, Go!

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2004, 05:27:32 PM »

The leader of the band STOKER is dressed up like a priest and sucks women's necks (vampire).  In fact he looks like Butch Walker from Marvelous 3!!

This must be an old show or something....repeating on cable.  Anyways they probably sell this on DVD at Target or something since the series had a cult fan base!

I found more:

47. Stoker
gs: Duff McKagan (Harker) Ryan Alosio (Morgan) Tommy Chong (Van Elsinger) Danny Masterson (Renfield) Neil Dickson (Colonel Angus Rickman)  

Wade falls under the spell of a rock band's charismatic lead singer, who is really a vampire and looking to use Wade to get the timer. Meanwhile, the others try to track down Rickman.

b: 09-May-1997 pc: K1826 w: Josef Anderson d: Jerry O'Connell  
« Last Edit: June 04, 2004, 05:37:44 PM by rplcmint » Logged
Eeebs
I was kissed by Matt Sorum!!
VIP

Riot Act

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2004, 07:09:40 PM »

I remember watching this episode when it first airred... yeah, you know you are hardcore when... Smiley

My favourite line (and I am paraphrasing here... it has been a few years) was at the very end... when Duff was lying on the floor (or something like that - hope I am not spoiling anything for anyone) and said,

"That sucked."

Or something to that effect.  Oh yeah... Slidders.  Those were the good ol' days.  
anarchy
VIP

Smug

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 07:20:21 PM »

the show is sliders
that was a good show til they started fucking with cast members

They shouldn't have killed off the professor.

Eazy E
Backstreet's back
Legend

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2004, 01:17:57 AM »

They shouldn't have killed off the professor.

How did he die?  I remember seeing an episode a long time ago where he had some disease but he wasn't telling anyone about it.  Then I read that he got shot somewhere else.

I have vague memories of the first few seasons of Sliders, I fuckin' loved it though.  I didn't mind the episodes with Colin and Maggie, but I agree that the original cast was the best.  The last season without Jerry O'Connell was absolutely terrible.  I only saw the episode where the two Quinn's "collided" and where Wade was a Kromagg test subject.  Both episode seemed like they were living off the old creative ideas....

Anyways, didn't know Duff was on the show, I hear the first two seasons are on DVD this fall, so maybe I'll check it out.  
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: