Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 07, 2024, 04:35:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228156 Posts in 43262 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  how many people still listen to the new gnr songs
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: how many people still listen to the new gnr songs  (Read 17573 times)
dave-gnfnr2k
I left this board for good once
Banned
Legend

When all I've got is precious time

« Reply #80 on: June 17, 2005, 08:19:25 PM »

Just imagine how much the "new songs" have chanced since rio and hob to the 2002 tour. They got so much fuller and more amazing, I can just imagine how much fuller the other songs have gotten. I still love madagascar and its alwyas on my mix cds. I have a cd of the new songs and still listen to it daily.

This is for BabyGorilla and the people like him.
Before all my posts about subjective matters there should be an IMO before the post. I took this sig down but of course it has to go back up.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

Richard Fortus, the phenomenon

« Reply #81 on: June 18, 2005, 05:03:56 AM »

One sentence in one thread, but you do it over and over again. Get it? This isn't something that has happened once....

Same goes for everybody who tries to turn threads that have nothing to do with Axl into "Axl sucks! He ruined GN'R" threads or people who like the idea of turning every thread where Nirvana is mentioned into "I'm glad he shot himself" threads.

It's stupid and doesn't add anything to the board.

We have rules and one of those rules asks people to stay on topic and not turn everything into pointless arguements about personal taste.

But I'm sure you don't understand that because you're just giving your opinion.....

/jarmo
This is a forum. This is the way Internet works.? This is the same on every forum in the world. It's not specific to this board, and certainely not specific to me. Relax.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 06:11:06 AM by nesquick » Logged

Here today... waiting for Chinese Democracy
dustNroses
« Reply #82 on: June 18, 2005, 05:26:27 AM »

Axl aint dumb. He knows that all of these songs are all over the net. I wouldnt be surprised if the new cd comes out and its NOT called Chinese Democracy and some of the songs we have heard are not on it. Maybe if were lucky we will get a Double release like UYI1 & 2, Because after all, He must have alot of new songs.
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #83 on: June 18, 2005, 06:39:51 AM »

I wouldnt be surprised if the new cd comes out and its NOT called Chinese Democracy

I doubt it. people (and not only GN'R fans) know the title "chinese democracy", it's a strengh. It's already a promotion by itself. a promotion by the name.? It would be a mistake to change it. Too many medias, interviews, and articles have refered to "Chinese Democracy" over these last years. The title is famous. Keep it.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 06:43:54 AM by nesquick » Logged

Wooody
Legend

Here Today...

« Reply #84 on: June 18, 2005, 06:45:03 AM »

I wouldnt be surprised if the new cd comes out and its NOT called Chinese Democracy

I doubt it. people (and not only GN'R fans) know the title "chinese democracy", it's a strengh. It's already a promotion by itself. a promotion by the name.? It would be a mistake to change the album title. Too many medias, interviews, and articles have refered to "Chinese Democracy" over these last years. The title is famous. Keep it.

Bailar salsa contigo.. "La" salsa c'est du fran?ais.

I don't care what it's called, I want it now. Silkworms is the only sucky song. The others are cool as hell.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 07:57:29 AM by Wooody » Logged

Just use your head and in the end you'll find your inspiration.
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #85 on: June 18, 2005, 07:59:49 AM »

This is a forum. This is the way Internet works.? This is the same on every forum in the world. It's not specific to this board, and certainely not specific to me. Relax.

Just remember that you've already been banned once for ignoring the rules.

This isn't the Internet, this is our board we have our rules that we expect people here to respect.

Axl aint dumb. He knows that all of these songs are all over the net. I wouldnt be surprised if the new cd comes out and its NOT called Chinese Democracy and some of the songs we have heard are not on it. Maybe if were lucky we will get a Double release like UYI1 & 2, Because after all, He must have alot of new songs.

I would be surprised if the title was changed but not surprised if only one or a few of the tracks played on the 2002 tour made it onto the album. I think they probably had a tracklist done in 2002, but that one might have been changed since then.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
WARose
Boredom ate us like cancer
Legend

« Reply #86 on: June 18, 2005, 08:05:44 AM »

i listen to them more often than the old gnr songs (or as often as the old songs...)

my favourites of the new songs are rhiad, oh my god and CD and i listen to them daily i think. IRS is maybe the best song of those we know so far, but the quality is to bad to have a real opinion and because of that i listen not that much to it.

madagascar and the blues are great songs, too, but i don`t listen to them very often.

first i didn`t like silkworms and never listened to it, but now i really like it (las vegas version).

i have to say that i barely listen to the "north america tour versions" of the new songs, because they sound to "dry".

Psychologically, you could consider this a reunion tour because I`ve managed to find enough pieces of my mind in order to be with you here tonight - - Axl Rose, Chicago 2002
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2005, 08:08:24 AM »

tell me where I don't respect the rules in that topic. Did I post a picture of BH unmasked?
Turn the page.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 08:17:02 AM by nesquick » Logged

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2005, 08:20:18 AM »

I would be surprised if the title was changed but not surprised if only one or a few of the tracks played on the 2002 tour made it onto the album. I think they probably had a tracklist done in 2002, but that one might have been changed since then.

/jarmo

I wouldn't be surprised if some the songs changed a bit. From 2001/02 what we have been hearing for Maddy or even The Blues,  if Axl felt that they weren't working as they are he might have changed them up a bit.  It's going to be interesting to hear the songs recorded in the studio instead of always hearing the live boots.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2005, 08:24:47 AM »

It's going to be interesting to hear the songs recorded in the studio

+ 1. ok
Have you heard the Boston studio clips promo? It's short but it sounds amazing. Especially Madagascar and The blues. It seems extremely promizing.
Robin did a great job on the Chinese Democracy intro (guitar riff). I think the studio material will blow us away. I feel it.

DoubleTalkingJive
VIP

Yes I have a shirt on, the words cover it.

« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2005, 08:28:54 AM »

It's going to be interesting to hear the songs recorded in the studio

+ 1. ok
Have you heard the Boston studio clips promo? It's short but it sounds amazing. Especially Madagascar and The blues. It seems extremely promizing.
Robin did a great job on the Chinese Democracy intro (guitar riff). I think the studio material will blow us away. I feel it.

No I haven't, can you upload it or is it in the download section?  I realize it's probably been posted a long time ago and I can't believe I missed it on the other forums  Shocked  I would love to hear that.

Where it's at   http://www.gnrevolution.com

check it out!!
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2005, 08:31:26 AM »

No problem dude. Check your PM (because we are breaking the rules right now, it's so off-topic).
Enjoy  Smiley
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 08:34:07 AM by nesquick » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2005, 08:34:00 AM »

No problem dude. Check your PM.? Wink But you know...it's "off topic" hihi

Keep going......

Keep playing your "I don't care about your rules" act.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2005, 08:39:05 AM »

No, I care. But I don't agree with you on that specific topic. Is it beaking the rules not to have the same point of vue that you? as soon as we recpect the rules, boardmembers are free to express themselves. I haven't done anything bad. Your reaction is unfair. I just say it.
Now have a nice day, or continue this discussion alone. I haven't been uncorrect at all in my opinion.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 08:41:30 AM by nesquick » Logged

jarmo
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #94 on: June 18, 2005, 08:56:45 AM »

No, I care. But I don't agree with you on that specific topic. Is it beaking the rules not to have the same point of vue that you? as soon as we recpect the rules, boardmembers are free to express themselves. I haven't done anything bad. Your reaction is unfair. I just say it.
Now have a nice day, or continue this discussion alone. I haven't been uncorrect at all in my opinion.

I've explained to you why I don't like the kind of posts you make. It's really easy to understand. If you post "Axl's an asshole" in a thread about let's say Richard Fortus becoming a dad, that thread's "focus" will probably swift to something else. That's not something I want to happen, that's why I react they way I do when I see the kind of whining you did.

It's really simple, you're free to post your opinions but please make sure they are relevant to the thread and not just some random whining.

Making a post like "industrial music is horrible" doesn't really add anything to the discussion. If you instead posted something like "I listen to all of the new tracks except Rhiad, Oh My God and Silkworms because I never understood industrial music. I would like to hear those songs with a traditional rock sound, maybe then I would appreciate them more.", then you'd actually be adding something to the discussion instead of just whining (in my opinion).

I think the discussions should be a bit more than posts like "it sucks", "I don't like it", "It's great" or "Axl rules!", don't you?

If you still have a problem with the fact that I told you not to whine about industrial music being horrible in a thread where the question is "do you listen to the new songs?" then make a post about it in the admin section.? Smiley

It's kinda funny that songs we first heard in 1999 or 2001 are still considered "new".? hihi

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 09:00:17 AM by jarmo » Logged

mikegiuliana
Legend

I'm a llama!

« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2005, 09:02:20 AM »

I doubt it. people (and not only GN'R fans) know the title "chinese democracy", it's a strengh. It's already a promotion by itself. a promotion by the name.? It would be a mistake to change it. Too many medias, interviews, and articles have refered to "Chinese Democracy" over these last years. The title is famous. Keep it.
man that only matters to die hard gnr fans, not the avergae person who will just be hearing about it when the album is announced.. Forums make up such a little piece of the overall gnr fans that will buy the album, not to mention the whole new audience that will be hearing about it for the first time.. It could be called the axl rose project as the title then when it came out it wouldn't matter..

It's kinda funny that songs we first heard in 1999 or 2001 are still considered "new".

I wish that would change with one release
nesquick
\m/
Banned
Legend

« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2005, 09:05:23 AM »

ok Jarmo, it's heard. I prefer that post. Smiley
I understand when you say you don't want too much off-topic discussions, but it's hard because people always speak about lots of different things, and then other boardmembers answer and it goes into different subjects etc...
oh yeah and personaly I love Rihad! peace

« Last Edit: June 18, 2005, 09:06:57 AM by nesquick » Logged

ppbebe
Legend

« Reply #97 on: June 18, 2005, 11:52:14 AM »

I fail to find a post jarmo or any mods restricting us from having different views than theirs. I believe myself have disagreed with them on a few things and never got warned about that. Apparently they enjoy hearing various ideas unless n until nuisance. Or am I wrong?

like dustNroses, I wouldn't be surprised if the new cd comes out as part of the course of Chinese Democracy and is NOT called Chinese Democracy. Or if the songs we have heard sound totally different on it. Or even If the band is not called Gn'R after a release. 

Still I would most likely not to be suprised if GN'R releases the album called Chinese Democracy this year.

i have to say that i barely listen to the "north america tour versions" of the new songs, because they sound to "dry".
Wow, I thought me alone use the expression "dry"  for music.

I find the American rock in general tend to sound "dry" in comparison to the "wet" British.
Maybe it's something to do with the climate.....
ClintroN
The board won't let me use a longer name than this!
Legend

Gimme some fuckin' Democracy

« Reply #98 on: June 19, 2005, 06:08:50 PM »

i listen to Chi Dem songs all the time!!!!     The Blues is the prettyest ballad EVER, it deffinatly helped me get through some shit and is real special to me for that!! ok

www.myspace.com/killmondays

GNR - Brizvegas - AUSTRALIA
June -19th 
         -20th, 2007
KeVoRkIaN
VIP

Resident Doctor

« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2005, 06:26:29 PM »

Hardly ever... I listen to Appetite and the Illusions a hell of a lot more than any of the new stuff.  I dont think I've played any of the new songs for at least 3-4 months.  It amazes me that you people can listen to the same song everyday for 3 years.  Go listen to some other bands for fuck's sake!!

This is a great quote - it amazes you that people listen to songs three years old but you listen a hell of a lot more to stuff 15+ years old then go tell them to listen to some new music.

NEW MEMBERS: CLICK ON THIS PAGE! http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Starts Now is An Understatement!!!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: