Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 28, 2024, 03:27:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228526 Posts in 43274 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Do you Really Think there will be a Second Album?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Do you Really Think there will be a Second Album?  (Read 3502 times)
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: June 02, 2004, 11:29:40 AM »

I hear people say that, but I kind of doubt it.  Weiland has given no indication of sticking around for the long haul.  I suppose if the album is financially successful, he'll have more incentive, but I'd be cautious about it.  
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 11:37:57 AM »

Weiland will be the deciding factor.  If he keeps his head in the game and stays healthy, there's a good possibility, if not, all bets are off.

I think the album will sell enough to keep RCA in the picture for sure, there's definately a hunger for the band as a touring outfit so public interest isn't in question..

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 11:40:54 AM »

I hear people say that, but I kind of doubt it.  Weiland has given no indication of sticking around for the long haul.  I suppose if the album is financially successful, he'll have more incentive, but I'd be cautious about it.  

Yeh i do, where has Weiland indicated that he is not around for the long haul?  Just because he has personal problems doesn't mean he's not reliable.  

I think they have the potential to be a seriously great band.  It doesn't mean they can't do other projects too. Music doesn't have to be like that. If they want to be taken seriously and if the record company is strongly behind them, then yeh i don't see them just doing one album.  

The only way forward from this band would be for them all to go back to their original groups.  

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 11:41:35 AM »

who knows?

I just know that if they do...they will make an even better album because of their brotherly experiences spent on the road for a year or 2
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 11:55:40 AM »

I think so...

Weiland has given no indication of sticking around for the long haul.  I suppose if the album is financially successful, he'll have more incentive, but I'd be cautious about it.  

"This is an actual band.  This isnt a one-off project, Velvet Revolver. This is a band that we plan on having a long career for.  I plan on this being the thing that I close out my rock n' roll life with." - Scott Weiland, The Howard Stern Show

What has he said/done to make you question his commitment to the band?  Hes beaten heroin (so far) to be in this band, hes done a realtively remarkable job of making every show (so far), and hes done nothing but comment on how important this band is to him.

I think there will be a second album.  The fact that they accomplished all of this in a year is pretty amazing, and proves that theyre motivated and have a strong work ethic.  Most importantly, they work quickly.  So while I wouldnt expect an album anytime soon, I think theyll have something ready for next year.  Its anybodys guess though.  They also have a three-album deal.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2004, 12:00:05 PM by Booker Floyd » Logged
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2004, 12:51:27 PM »

I think so...

Weiland has given no indication of sticking around for the long haul.  I suppose if the album is financially successful, he'll have more incentive, but I'd be cautious about it.  

"This is an actual band.  This isnt a one-off project, Velvet Revolver. This is a band that we plan on having a long career for.  I plan on this being the thing that I close out my rock n' roll life with." - Scott Weiland, The Howard Stern Show

What has he said/done to make you question his commitment to the band?  Hes beaten heroin (so far) to be in this band, hes done a realtively remarkable job of making every show (so far), and hes done nothing but comment on how important this band is to him.

I think there will be a second album.  The fact that they accomplished all of this in a year is pretty amazing, and proves that theyre motivated and have a strong work ethic.  Most importantly, they work quickly.  So while I wouldnt expect an album anytime soon, I think theyll have something ready for next year.  Its anybodys guess though.  They also have a three-album deal.

This is an actual band.  This isnt a one-off project, Velvet Revolver. This is a band that we plan on having a long career for.  I plan on this being the thing that I close out my rock n' roll life with.
that is almost EXACTLY what slash said about Snakepit V2.... yeah, they lasted long....

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2004, 01:04:33 PM »

I hadn't heard that exact quote before.  It depends how long his "rocknroll life" is I guess.  I can't explain it, it's just a vibe I get.  I think a big part of it obviously is his marriage and his sobriety.  But if one of those tentpoles were to go, he'd be outta there.  
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2004, 01:54:56 PM »

well they have 3 record deal... so at least 2 studio albums and one live album  Smiley
but of course I'd liked to see more from them  Wink
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2004, 03:37:48 PM »

There is absolutely no indication that any of them aren't in it for the long haul. Of course, anything can happen between now and then but as of now there is no reason to doubt their commitment.
Buckethead Superstar
Headliner

No, I wont be told anymore

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2004, 06:30:42 PM »

im sure slash and duff and matt wouldnt have spent 3 years of their life making a temporary band that will "make do for now"...theyll be around in 5 years

oh, and hi again everyone, its been a while...a lot had changed in the GNR world....in fact no it hasnt...its still as fuckin vague as it ever is

release the album...nuff said
Jizzo
Legend

Everytime,I'm falling down, Please take me home

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 09:08:17 PM »

3 Record deal.

Need I say more

You know what to do, you know what I did
Since you know everything, just clue me in
I am such a wreck, I am such a mess
I know what I know - why don't you fill in the rest?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: