Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 05:20:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228560 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  We gunna grow up anytime soon guys!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: We gunna grow up anytime soon guys!  (Read 4768 times)
gezm
« on: June 01, 2004, 12:06:55 PM »

who gives a fuck what dave says or anyone else contraband speaks for its self
so who cares what pll think, some ppl can move on some dont its life live with it ok i still read what he says because its another pointaview stupid or not
if he says vr suck let him say it at the end of the day vr rock and are a very good band
aslong as u think there good dont care what he or anyone else thinks!

and dave no this is not a dig at u its just a point ok
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 12:08:24 PM by gezm » Logged
rubie vale
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2004, 12:38:12 PM »

Hey Gezm,
You're right man. I often wonder what drives Dave on. He really hates Slash. It must be awful to have so much venom for a person he's never met or interacted with, who has never addressed him or given the time to.
I personally hope both NuGNR and Velvet Revolver do really well. It sounds to me like Axl plus Duff, Matt and Slash are more over the split than some of the posters here. I will miss the old band forever but VR are the bollocks and I hope they trample CKY, Limp Bizkit, Creed and all the other rock radio qudraplegics into the ground. I am not interested in the comparisons now, just two albums of great rock from all the essential GNR people who have spent too long in the shadows.
 As for me, I'll be punching the tits off the punch bag at the gym listening to Contraband on June 7th!! And I'll be all ears when CD comes out, good luck to them all.
peace,
Rubie.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 01:28:24 PM »

I often wonder what drives Dave on. He really hates Slash.

Stop wondering, here's your answer. It's years of reading about "botox Axl", "Robin sucks", "Robin is a fag", "Buckethead is a retard", "it's all Axl's fault", "they can't play the old songs" etc etc.

While I don't agree with his opinion on VR, he's got the right to express his opinion and even post (negative) articles/reviews he finds.

He didn't register here just to post about VR, unlike some people who register only to post shit about Axl / the new band.

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 01:34:50 PM »

He didn't register here just to post about VR, unlike some people who register only to post shit about Axl / the new band.

/jarmo
you're right, but that doesn't mean that Daves actions are positive...
jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 01:40:35 PM »

you're right, but that doesn't mean that Daves actions are positive...

No, but at least he's not at this board just because he happens to think VR isn't anything special.

You don't have to read his posts, it's that easy.

I'm glad he posted that EW review, I would've missed it otherwise. Some of you weren't happy about it. Instead, you attacked him for posting it.  Roll Eyes

/jarmo
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 01:43:41 PM by jarmo » Logged

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
gezm
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 01:47:51 PM »

im glad this post is going well get over the split thing and stop hating axl or slash both rock!
and yep ive read that review but i totally disagre with it ive got contraband here and the review dont come off like the cd does but again its someone else's impression of it but theres lots of good reviews and 1 bad one so u judge  ok
« Last Edit: June 01, 2004, 01:49:33 PM by gezm » Logged
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 01:50:16 PM »

Stop wondering, here's your answer. It's years of reading about "botox Axl", "Robin sucks", "Robin is a fag", "Buckethead is a retard", "it's all Axl's fault", "they can't play the old songs" etc etc.
unlike some people who register only to post shit about Axl / the new band.

Bingo

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
Acquiesce
VIP

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 03:35:39 PM »

I was frequently annoyed by Dave's rantings, but then I realized that none of us should let him bother us. Don't even waste your breath on  someone who is behaving like a jealous child. The more positive attention VR receives, the more he is going to continue his silly crusade to prove his hero is the best. It shows there is something wrong with him if he is going on this crusade because he couldn't handle the criticism against Axl and the new band. It is best to just ignore him because he would probably fade away if people stop giving him the attention he so obviously craves. Just take the high road and let him be the only one making a fool out of himself.
gezm
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2004, 04:05:46 PM »

I was frequently annoyed by Dave's rantings, but then I realized that none of us should let him bother us. Don't even waste your breath on  someone who is behaving like a jealous child. The more positive attention VR receives, the more he is going to continue his silly crusade to prove his hero is the best. It shows there is something wrong with him if he is going on this crusade because he couldn't handle the criticism against Axl and the new band. It is best to just ignore him because he would probably fade away if people stop giving him the attention he so obviously craves. Just take the high road and let him be the only one making a fool out of himself.
confused

fade away like axl  Grin
Top-Hatted One
VIP

AKA Slash_is_God

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2004, 04:27:12 PM »

While I don't agree with his opinion on VR, he's got the right to express his opinion and even post (negative) articles/reviews he finds.

/jarmo

This is different. A lot of people agree with what you say above so it's fun to argue cos you get a lot of good things out of it. But with that said.....the stuff you mentioned was sooo 3 years ago. You don't see that stuff anymore.

In this case all we have is one person waisting our time with his negativity. After a while you get sick of arguing with the same person over and over and the forum goes down the shitter like it is right now.. with the same things said over and over between Dave and everyone else.

We'll I hope you understand my point. It's anoying arguing the same thing over and over with just ONE person. It makes this place look like shit.
rubie vale
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2004, 03:46:43 AM »

Case in point regarding Dave.
He called VR a bunch of loosers for their responses in the FHM article. Anyone with half a brain knows FHM is a comedy mag that thrives on writing about and commenting on light hearted 'laddish' behavior. Their questions were retarded the way they always are in FHM.
I thought it was great that these guys could take the piss out of themselves and their drug failures and rock star falls without getting pissed off with the reviewer. Even Scott took the drug questions on board despite being mocked and slammed by every jock in media for his well-publicized disasters with substance abuse.
The article would have been complete arse if they had answered every stupid  question with 'no comment' or 'I won't discuss that subject'.
At least there is a sense of humor in the band and I liked that even if the article was just flippant toss. Dave just used the article out of context to bash the old GNR team which he does with boring regularity. That's what pisses people off here it's the unchanging approach and dogged determination to be derogatory.
Peace to Dave and you all.
Rubie
SunKing278
Headliner

The loveliest girls are always in your GN'R

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2004, 05:55:54 AM »

Well, Jarmo, you're right there have been some people who have said those sort of things about Axl and his band, and all of it is juvenile.  On the other hand, I find Dave's obsession with Slash and Duff to be a bit disturbing.  So what if they're suing Axl?  That's between the three of them.  Slash and Duff are the heart and soul of Guns N'Roses, and now they're back with a killer new band and album.  Finally, we got some great new music, and from the core members of our favorite band no less, but that just doesn't seem to be good enough for Dave and a few others on this board.  Well, okay, nobody's forcing you to like Velvet Revolver, but don't try to ruin everyone's fun just because a few immature idiots in the past may have said some stupid things about your idol and his band.  

On the other hand, I recently discovered that Dave is from the Boston area, so he can't be all that bad.  Hell, he's probably a good Pats and Sox fan like myself.

rubie vale
Opening Act

I'm a llama!

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2004, 06:36:32 AM »

Quote from: rubie vale on June 01, 2004, 06:38:12 pm

Jarmo:

So Jarmo, are you saying Daves negativity is driven by a desire to balance the books on the crappy comments front? My poiint is, he hates Slash yet doesn't know him or really know anything personal about him. That dept of negative feeling for me is weird, just as weird as the 'I hate Axl' or 'I worship Axl' stuff.
There are two sides to the GNR story and I reckon both sides have their faults. But if you look at Axls side, it's all people leaving him (including Josh and all the other 'positive' commentators on him and his personality) and on Slashs side, all his old buddies are back. Plus, why hate Slash anyway? Axl never asked for him back, so he obviously doesn't miss him, why should we?
peace,
Rubie.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: