Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 07, 2024, 11:15:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228559 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Something Interesting
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Something Interesting  (Read 4493 times)
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« on: May 31, 2004, 10:48:21 PM »

I am watching VH1'a 100 Most Metal Moments ( ok), and towards the top of the list was Slash hiring a bodygaurd to pick him up when he passes out.  hihi ANYWAY... they show a bunch of video clips when they have the panel talking about the "moment". So, i noticed that they ONLY showed Slash with Duff or Slash with Matt (only one shot of that), but it was all Slash and Duff (Axl was only in the very background for like 2 shots)... i have to assume that has to be intentional on VR's part. Interesting, no....
(i'm sure VR and GnR will make a bunch of appearences on the countdown)
Nicoletta
Headliner

« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2004, 10:59:02 PM »

I am watching VH1'a 100 Most Metal Moments ( ok), and towards the top of the list was Slash hiring a bodygaurd to pick him up when he passes out.  hihi ANYWAY... they show a bunch of video clips when they have the panel talking about the "moment". So, i noticed that they ONLY showed Slash with Duff or Slash with Matt (only one shot of that), but it was all Slash and Duff (Axl was only in the very background for like 2 shots)... i have to assume that has to be intentional on VR's part. Interesting, no....

I really don't like VH1 or these kinds of countdown things very much. But, "Metal Moments" sound cool. Any idea when its on next?  
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2004, 11:04:33 PM »

I saw it too, funny as hell...

No VR mentions on the list, plenty of GNR still to come, Axl included..

VR nor Axl have no creative control on what footage is shown, so
it ought to be a fun watch...

http://www.vh1.com/shows/dyn/the_greatest/80933/episode.jhtml

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004, 11:34:25 PM »

Is that right Falcon?
Hmmm... that's interesting (about no creative control) because it was very obvious (at least in my opinion) that they were focusing on Slash and Axl was nowhere to be seen.  Huh
Anyway. This show is better than most of those dickhead countdown programs. It's on every night this week from 10-11 (eastern time)
I think that VR becoming a band will probably make the list at some point. They go through 20 at a time, so tonight was 100-80.
 Smiley
Falcon
Legend

Prime Mover

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2004, 11:48:23 PM »

Is that right Falcon?
Hmmm... that's interesting (about no creative control) because it was very obvious (at least in my opinion) that they were focusing on Slash and Axl was nowhere to be seen.  Huh
Anyway. This show is better than most of those dickhead countdown programs. It's on every night this week from 10-11 (eastern time)
I think that VR becoming a band will probably make the list at some point. They go through 20 at a time, so tonight was 100-80.
 Smiley

The entire list is on VH1's website, no VR, lots of GNR, Motley, Ozzy shenanigens though..

Use the link above, scroll to where it says "list" then hit "more"...

« Last Edit: May 31, 2004, 11:55:36 PM by Falcon » Logged

www.thecult.us
www.circusdiablo.com

"So when we finish our CD, if we book a show and just play the CD and wave our hands around, it would be like what DJs do, right?" -Dave Navarro
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 11:57:59 PM »

Is that right Falcon?
 Smiley

The entire list is on VH1's website, I thought I linked you to it..Anyway, no VR, lots of GNR, Motley, Ozzt shenanigens though..

Oh, my bad.
 Smiley
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2004, 12:55:26 AM »

That would be a hell of a job. Hang out with Slash until he passes out.

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2004, 10:35:23 AM »

i have to assume that has to be intentional on VR's part. Interesting, no....
It was a Slash oriented segment. It had nothing to do with leaving out Axl,promoting vr or anything else other than it was about slash. No conspiracies....

Gnr pops up when they curse at the award show and at #17 when Axl jumps into the crowd in St. Louis

Thanks to the lame ass security Im going home

gotta love it

homefukssss

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2004, 01:19:54 PM »

i have to assume that has to be intentional on VR's part. Interesting, no....
It was a Slash oriented segment. It had nothing to do with leaving out Axl,promoting vr or anything else other than it was about slash. No conspiracies....

Gnr pops up when they curse at the award show and at #17 when Axl jumps into the crowd in St. Louis

Thanks to the lame ass security Im going home

gotta love it

homefukssss

I realize it was a Slash focused segment, however, i found it odd that it was all shots of Slash and Duff without any of Axl. And i don't think there is a conspiracy theory. I think it would absolutely make sense that Slash and the guys of VR want to distance themselves from Guns N Roses/Axl and establish themselves as a new band. But since Falcon said they have no creative control, it must have just been a coincidence.
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2004, 10:59:11 PM »

Okay, i just watched the segment tonight and again, Duff and Slash. were the other members at the AMA's? It's just odd that in that entire montage of clips, not one of Axl or Steven or Izzy....
Freya
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2004, 11:01:49 PM »

were the other members at the AMA's?

Nope, just the two amigos.  
badgirl
Rocker

I'm a llama!

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2004, 11:08:34 PM »

oh really? that makes sense then. stange, when they speak about that night, it sounded like they were all there.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: