Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 25, 2024, 11:14:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228106 Posts in 43260 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  Guns N' Roses
| |-+  Guns N' Roses
| | |-+  VELVET REVOLVER: NYC Show Attended By GNR Guitarist RICHARD FORTUS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: VELVET REVOLVER: NYC Show Attended By GNR Guitarist RICHARD FORTUS  (Read 19124 times)
HoldenCaulfield
VIP

I strike to burn and no flame returns...

« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2004, 04:03:57 PM »

Ugh. This means absolutely nothing. Richard just went to a rock concert, big deal...

If a body meet a body, comin' through the rye...
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2004, 04:14:41 PM »

id say nsync fortus was there takin notes on how a GNR guitarist performs,looks and plays

i bet he was in awe watching the greatest guitarist ever SLASH!

i wonder if axl will throw his ass out now?

i look at nsync fortus as probably more of a touring guitarist and maybe not a songwriter recording guitarist

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
D
Deliverance Banjo Player
Legend

I am Back!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2004, 04:16:56 PM »

Maybe they are still searching for the new lead guitarist, and Axl asked Richard to check the concert if the VR lead guitarist is as good as people say.  hihi

hihi hihi hihi

fuckin priceless!!!!! great one!!!!!

Who Says You Can't Go Home to HTGTH?
MadmanDan
Legend

When yu're talkin' to yourself,and nobody's home...

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2004, 04:44:01 PM »

Maybe he was checking them out for Axl... I can't help to think that our redhead's interested on VR's reception while contemplating on his next move. If so, I hope Richard tells him it's nothing he should worry about Wink

Maybe they are still searching for the new lead guitarist, and Axl asked Richard to check the concert if the VR lead guitarist is as good as people say.  hihi

HA ! I never saw that coming!

"There's only one Return, and it ain't of the king, it's of the Jedi !"
tHeElEcTrIcSiNtAr
VIP

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2004, 04:55:20 PM »

Richard defiantly doesnt need any pointers on how to perform. He has awesome stage presence, and is into every song he plays. Plus, he dresses the coolest out of Tommy, Robin, Brain, and Pittman.  Also, I'm sure Richard knows how to write music, or else Axl wouln't have him in the band. He is so fuckin awesome. Richard Rules!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 04:58:39 PM by ChineseBedouins » Logged
starchild_666
VIP

I'm a llama!

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2004, 05:31:58 PM »

hihi hihi hihi

fuckin priceless!!!!! great one!!!!!
how do U think... I think this VR lead guitarist would be a good guitarits in GNR  hihi
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2004, 06:15:07 PM »

id say nsync fortus was there takin notes on how a GNR guitarist performs,looks and plays

What's wrong with Fortus? When you compare him to Izzy, I don't think he's that different.. Besides, Izzy was always pretty passive onstage, mostly just standing and playing the guitar. So is that how a GNR guitarist performs?

This is what he'd always known
The promise of something greater beyond the water's final horizon
Izzy
Whine, moan, complain... Repeat
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2004, 06:15:18 PM »

Fortus would have been the perfect rythm guitarist in the original Guns n' Roses. take Slash and put Fortus playing with him, and you have the most impressive duet of guitarist of all time on stage.

rant

U base this wild praise on what?

His efforts with Justin Timberlake weren't THAT impresive

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2004, 06:31:29 PM »

Maybe it was work in Love Spit Love or Psychedlic Furs...?  Actually, Fortus has more to be a fan of than Robin Finck...

Which makes me wonder - you always call people out for being VR fans/Fortus fans when they have little-to-no work, yet, and correct me if Im wrong, youre a new GNR fan.  Now unless youve heard some album that I havent, new GNR is in the same position as any of these artists - very little original material, all of it being bootlegged.  And now they dont even have their star guitarist.  So are you still a fan?

I personally like Fortus.  The guy is fun to watch...Not sure what he has to offer in terms of their original material, but I like what Ive seen so far.
estranged.1098
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »

rant

Last time I tried with words, now here's a pic for you:

happy?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 06:41:24 PM by estranged.1098 » Logged
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2004, 06:48:32 PM »

rant

Last time I tried with words, now here's a pic for you:

happy?

Ohh pictures!

If u can't see the difference between Michael Jackson one of the greatest and most talented musicians of all time and a manufactured boy band then i really have to wonder......

Quick! To the bandwagon!
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2004, 06:56:37 PM »

Ohh pictures!

You were obviously so impressed that you had to include them in your quote.. we already saw 'em once, thank you.

If u can't see the difference between Michael Jackson one of the greatest and most talented musicians of all time and a manufactured boy band then i really have to wonder......

It's a question of credibility, and if you think Jacko is more credible than Justin Timberlake, then I really have to wonder...............

Slashly
Harley Davidson
VIP

-blank-

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2004, 06:58:49 PM »

WHat the fuck does those pictures mean??
Obviously you don?t know the diference between a hired musician who is payed for playing in a tour (Fortus), and an amazing,famus guitarist wich plays with a diferent style artist just some time (SLASH).
I?m not bashing Fortus  but, man, how do you dare to say Slash  does the same that Fortus.Besides I prefer Michael Jackson to Justin Timberlake.
Returning to the topic: That news don?t move a single hair of mine....He wen?t  to a concert, big deal.
Can?t you face the posibility that he might like Slash or Duff playing or Scotts singing and wanted to dee them??

Baby Slash//

"But a bottle of vodka still lies in my hand some blonde gave me nughtmares, I think that you`re still in my head"
Izzy
Legend

More than meets the eye

« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2004, 07:00:50 PM »

Ohh pictures!

You were obviously so impressed that you had to include them in your quote.. we already saw 'em once, thank you.

It's a question of credibility, and if you think Jacko is more credible than Justin Timberlake, then I really have to wonder...............

Friendly ain't u?

So ur point is that Nysnc Fortus and Slash are both men of zero integrity who will play for anyone with money?

If u want to think that then sure.....

Quick! To the bandwagon!
St.heathen
VIP

I Won't Be Told Anymore

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2004, 07:05:22 PM »

I think his performances with Jackson have been a success.  When ever i have seen him come on stage at a Jackson gig they (the crowd) go fucking nuts.  

I mean private lives aside: I'm not a big Jackson fan but you're implying it's an embarasing thing.  Well i see it as such a huge compliment to Slash. Jackson loves icons and sees Slash as the iconic guitarist of our time.  I won't argue with that. And he always looks so cool when he runs onstage and does what he does.  

Infact I'll even stick up for Fortus on a pure musician level it's a fucking hard slog.  Loads of musician do session work, it's nothing to be ashamed of, they do it to get by to earn a bit of cash, nothing wrong with that.    

It's a mass of confusion like the lies they sell to you !
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2004, 07:08:54 PM »

So ur point is that Nysnc Fortus and Slash are both men of zero integrity who will play for anyone with money?

I don't see it that way, I'm just sticking up for Fortus a bit. If you're going to bash him for playing with Nsync (and even moreso, childishly call him 'Nsync Fortus') you should face the fact that Slash has done some similar stuff as well.

jarmo
If you're reading this, you've just wasted valuable time!
Administrator
Legend

"You're an idiot"

« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2004, 07:10:12 PM »

I can't believe some of you had to turn a thread about Richard going to see VR into a thread about him playing with Nsync. How original!

Did you guys run out of things to say again?

Hey, maybe we could talk about Kurt Cobain again?

Look up the meaning of being a session musician.  ok

I bet you hate Josh Freese too because it looks like he appears on albums by Anastacia and Avril Lavigne.  Tongue

/jarmo

Disclaimer: My posts are my personal opinion. I do not speak on behalf of anybody else unless I say so. If you are looking for hidden meanings in my posts, you are wasting your time...
Booker Floyd
Groupie
Legend

« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2004, 07:11:03 PM »

I dont give a fuck about Fortus' session work, its all fine with me...but if you dont see the difference between N'Sync/Justin Timberlake and Michael Jackson, then its I who has to wonder....

Infact I'll even stick up for Fortus on a pure musician level it's a fucking hard slog.  Loads of musician do session work, it's nothing to be ashamed of, they do it to get by to earn a bit of cash, nothing wrong with that.    

Agreed...
Reinaldo
Rocker

"O.K., Nevermind!"

« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2004, 07:13:26 PM »

OK... Richard Fortus lives in New York.
VR did a show on New York.
That site said he was there.

Everybody?s assuming that as the truth.

but... wait a minute!?

That?s possible? YES... That?s probable? NO (in my opinion).

Who actually saw him? Where?s the proof of it? I want a photo!!

RIR 2001 - Porto Alegre 2010 - RIR 2011 - Rio de Janeiro 2014 & 2016 - RIR 2022
Skeletor
Paha keisari
Legend

Oyez! Oyez!

« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2004, 07:20:43 PM »

I dont give a fuck about Fortus' session work, its all fine with me...but if you dont see the difference between N'Sync/Justin Timberlake and Michael Jackson, then its I who has to wonder....

Ain't that something, now we're all just sitting here wondering.

The last time Slash played with Jacko was Michael's 30th anniversary party in September 2001. By that time Jackson had become quite a joke, and I can't understand why Slash got involved with the whole thing.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: