Here Today... Gone To Hell! | Message Board

Guns N Roses
of all the message boards on the internet, this is one...

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 06, 2024, 05:19:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
1228554 Posts in 43275 Topics by 9264 Members
Latest Member: EllaGNR
* Home Help Calendar Go to HTGTH Login Register
+  Here Today... Gone To Hell!
|-+  The Perils Of Rock N' Roll Decadence
| |-+  Solo & side projects + Ex-members
| | |-+  Duff, Slash & Velvet Revolver
| | | |-+  Velvet Revolver/Guns N' Roses (2 different bands)
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Down Print
Author Topic: Velvet Revolver/Guns N' Roses (2 different bands)  (Read 10268 times)
Thorned Rose
Legend

Use Your Illusion I (1991)

« on: May 27, 2004, 02:44:48 AM »

People can't seem to realize that these are really 2 different bands. They always comepare VR's shows to GN'R's and GN'R's old shows. VR is no Guns N' Roses.

They are a different band people.

Everyone is mentioning Axl Rose and all this crap. I'm sick of it, and if ignorance is bliss then count me out okay?

I just think that it is dumb to mention Axl's name in a VR board/review

AXL ROSE IS DEAD HE ISN'T DOING ANYTHING!

Velvet Revolver are great and personally, from the Slither video... Scott Weiland is making me forget allllll about Axl Rose...  beer

But don't damn me
When I speak a piece of my mind
'Cause silence isn't golden
When I'm holding it inside
'Cause I've been where I have been
An I've seen what I have seen
bill213
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 02:46:52 AM »

Dude holy shit if you would look back about a day ago there was already a thread named this.....plus about a million others in the dead horse section.......for the love of god do some research before you post your random thoughts.....please god jarmo make me a mod in this forum......its' time for a new sheriff in town to controlt he vr/gnr arguments.
tomass74
Legend

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 03:08:54 AM »

I still think this is decent post. I am sick of the VR/NuGnR comparrisons also because they are two different bands. Certain people will say "Well it's okay for the Slash fans to have been doing it for years". To me there is a big difference when people compare the Ex GnR members to Axls new band. Nu GnR was never a part of VR but the Ex GnR members were obviously once members of the the band that Axl still calls GnR. If he decided to come up with an original name then it would for the most part have stopped. Although there would still be some that wouldn't. Also you could tell what the post was by the title. Don't read it if you don't like it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 03:12:37 AM by tomass74 » Logged

bill213
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 03:13:18 AM »

Well this post has no point whatsoever considering the same one was made yesterday and locked.  If people would stop making new threads about shit that is going on in every other topic then we easily elimate all the locked threads and try to attempt to stay on topic and not turn A review of a velvet revolver show into a damn all out comparison war.  There's a whole other section on this message board called "dead horse" that people can go bitch about who is better or who dances gayer or who screws up one quick note on a solo or blah blah etc. and they can argue about that until they get carpal tunnel syndrome.
gezm
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 03:48:00 AM »

It was me who made this post like a week ago now i think  beer
Captain P?l
Manneken Pis
Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 04:34:31 AM »

VR = no GNR
GNR = no GNR

where the hell is GNR when we need it?

i must admitt, Slither & Negative Creep are 2 bad ass songs. negative creep's the badest one..

Cant Get Enough Of That Wonderfull Duff
Surge
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 07:38:14 AM »

People can't seem to realize that these are really 2 different bands. They always comepare VR's shows to GN'R's and GN'R's old shows. VR is no Guns N' Roses.

They are a different band people.

Everyone is mentioning Axl Rose and all this crap. I'm sick of it, and if ignorance is bliss then count me out okay?

AXL ROSE IS DEAD HE ISN'T DOING ANYTHING!

Velvet Revolver are great and personally, from the Slither video... Scott Weiland is making me forget allllll about Axl Rose...  beer

I think people are mentioning Axl because Slash and Duff happened to be in a band that was one of the best - if not the best - rock band ever. And as VR isn't half as good - many, including me, would call them average - people are for sure gonna talk about the past. That's simple, and it's life. We compare stuff. We always will.
gezm
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 07:58:21 AM »

And as VR isn't half as good - many, including me, would call them average

um yeah! dude, if there average then all bands aroudn today are totally shit!
vr are the best band and ull see when the cd comes out because every song
kill everything out in the last 10 crapy years of music
rocks back my friend dont try an kill ok

roll on the 8th

plus gnr died in 93 when thay start to release shit like sp
plus axls gone now let face that till he prove's otherwise beer
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 08:02:10 AM by gezm » Logged
Surge
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 09:09:21 AM »

roll on the 8th

hmm, first, GnR died in 91 when Izzy left. After him, GnR couldn't make a new album.

And rock today? Well, there's some cool rock bands out there. Queens of the stone age is cool enough, and Hellacopters and especially Turbonegro are great! Still waiting for a release from Going Blind too. I personally don't believe a super group can come and change music! And they should stop talking about it! You don't talk about it, you just do it!
Rebecca Duff Rose
Roxi McK
VIP

Kool Ranch Dres'ing

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 09:36:22 AM »

Axl aint dead yet!  beer

GNR + VR= DIFFERENT bands!
I completely agree!
VR more rockier, no epics really!
Slash without a top hat too!
They ARE different!  ok

GNR did die when Izzy left- I hated it for when Steven left too, but still...

I'm STILL a true GNR fan- i love them to bits- all 5 guys are my idols/ inspirations!
I will ALWAYS stand by them!
Even if Slash + Axl don't speak anymore- we gotta move on!  Wink
Which dont mean that we can't follow them still!

To end...
Rock On VR!  beer

They are the hottest band around town man!
I'm excited to hear what Dizzy and Axl have got to give still!

SLASH- "Guitar solos are back," he said with a grin through his long, curly mane.
GNR- The hardworking band that once called themselves FAMILY!!!
younggunner
2004 4eva!
Legend

Its something different and will be a big surprise

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 09:46:43 AM »

Now you understand how its been on the gnr boards all of these yrs

"...regardless of the outcome, our hearts, lives and our passion has been put into this project every step of the way. If for no other reason, we feel those elements alone merit your consideration..."
gezm
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2004, 10:24:52 AM »

roll on the 8th

hmm, first, GnR died in 91 when Izzy left. After him, GnR couldn't make a new album.

And rock today? Well, there's some cool rock bands out there. Queens of the stone age is cool enough, and Hellacopters and especially Turbonegro are great! Still waiting for a release from Going Blind too. I personally don't believe a super group can come and change music! And they should stop talking about it! You don't talk about it, you just do it!

ok i will agree with gnr diein in 91 but the bands u named suck plus vr will do it and its not them saying it its us the fans u listen to the album ull see what i mean!
anyways all all there is to it  beer
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

HTGTH Powerslam Champion / Former WWE Game Champ

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2004, 04:52:28 PM »

Queens of the stone age? They are ok at best. They dont have anything that is mind blowing. Hellacopters & Turbonegro are SHIT. NOTHING MORE THEN SHIT. You talk about waiting for the newest cd from Going Blind. YOur taste in music sucks. You think these underground indie bands are bad ass. They are nothing more then SHIT and they would sell out in a second to be like GnR or VR. Keep them shitty names off a nice VR board

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Walapino
VIP

Double Talkin Jive Motherfucker!

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2004, 04:59:22 PM »

Queens of the stone age? They are ok at best. They dont have anything that is mind blowing. Hellacopters & Turbonegro are SHIT. NOTHING MORE THEN SHIT. You talk about waiting for the newest cd from Going Blind. YOur taste in music sucks. You think these underground indie bands are bad ass. They are nothing more then SHIT and they would sell out in a second to be like GnR or VR. Keep them shitty names off a nice VR board

loooooooooooooooooooooool

You squashed da Surge... shyeah!
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2004, 05:03:37 PM »

Am I right though? Queens are simple rock. Nothing that great. Most of their songs sound alike. And any crappie indie band would sell out to be like GNR. Don't even try and push your helicopter trash as being great on this board. There are only two bands you should be saying are great here. GNR or VR. Go to your coffe house and see your helicopters

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Surge
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2004, 05:12:10 PM »

That's just way too stupid (and no, don't come and say I said you're stupid, cos I didn't). I know lots of people actually like Turbonegro and Hellacopters. I know people who doesn't like anything in rock that actually like them (and yeah, they didn't like what's out of VR). These bands actually get good reviews, which might not mean anything to you, but these are people who work with music and listen to more music than you do. QOTSA is less good than the others and I'm no big fan of them. But Turbonegro's Apocalypse Dudes is a cool album. And I really don't know what's wrong with saying other bands are cool? Is it illegal to like other bands than GnR and VR on this forum? And who are you to judge my taste in music? What do you know about it? I don't come here and judge you for liking anything. I don't give a shit actually! You can listen to Korn, Linking Park, Eminem and do I care? No, not at all! Are you just mad because I say VR will do average and I see good things in other bands? Well, find other things to be mad at! There's starving people out in this world. You can be pissed at that!

Am I right though? Queens are simple rock. Nothing that great. Most of their songs sound alike. And any crappie indie band would sell out to be like GNR. Don't even try and push your helicopter trash as being great on this board. There are only two bands you should be saying are great here. GNR or VR. Go to your coffe house and see your helicopters

Hey! I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by what I said. I can assure you that wasn't my intention at all!

But I should've expected it. At a GnR forum you can say that GnR isn't the best and no one gives a fuck, but as long if you touches it on a VR forum, you'll get shit. You guys are learning from Scott Weiland! You can't say anything negative about him cos then he'll start whining on his webpage! It's the same here I guess!

Anyway, I regret calling Hellactopers great. They're cool. I ment to say that. And eh, of course any band (or most) would sell out to be like GnR. Did I compare them? NO! About Going Blind, I heard a very few cool songs by them. And where did I hear about them? At a GnR forum! So surprise! Others obviously like them too! And do I give a shit where Hellacopters play? I love seeing a show at a 1000-audience venue! I would love GnR to do that! And Hellacopters does that!

Finally, I don't push anyone to listen to anything. You are free to choose what the fuck you want. But my point is that I don't just listen to Beatles even though they're my favourite band. (And feel free to come and diss me for my taste in music again. I actually enjoy it when people do that!).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2004, 05:36:28 PM by Surge » Logged
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2004, 09:12:15 PM »

just way too stupid (and no, don't come and say I said you're stupid, cos I didn't).

So you're saying, "Your views and opinions are stupid, but you aren't. Really!" Roll Eyes I have to agree with gezm's and JohnHert's posts.

I know people who doesn't like anything in rock that actually like them (and yeah, they didn't like what's out of VR).

Okay. But what does that tell us other than their taste in music also sucks?

These bands actually get good reviews, which might not mean anything to you

Doesn't mean anything to me. Britney Spears gets good reviews too, but that doesn't mean that she's good.

but these are people who work with music and listen to more music than you do.

Impressive. So that means that everyone has to like the same things?

And I really don't know what's wrong with saying other bands are cool? Is it illegal to like other bands than GnR and VR on this forum?

No one ever said that... if they did, I missed it.

And who are you to judge my taste in music? What do you know about it?

What does he know about your taste in music? What you told him. And he is judging your taste in music by... what you told him!

Oh, and you expect people to not judge your musical taste when you're the one who said - on a VR board, of all places - "VR is average and these bands are better." Makes you sound like some four year old, or a really bored person who has nothing better to do. Why don't you grow up?

Anyway, about the original topic, I agree that it's stupid to compare VR and GNR. They are totally and completely different. As I said in another post, if you compare everyone to Axl and GNR, everything else is going to be complete shit to you. I'd hate to not be able to enjoy other bands, like VR, because of Axl - especially since VR is releasing albums and Axl is not. But maybe I'm just an ass for listening to music instead of what Axl gives us: nothing.

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
Imfuckincrazy
Headliner

Slash is God.

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2004, 09:15:33 PM »

No one ever said that... if they did, I missed it.

Oh. And I see that I did.

I'm a west coast struttin', one bad mother, got a rattle snake suitcase under my arm
bill213
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2004, 09:38:16 PM »

Why the hell did you bring Turbonegro into this discussion......they have nothing to do with GNR and you've disgraced their good name by mentioning them in one of your moronic posts.
Mr Cowbell ?
Legend

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2004, 03:00:24 AM »

Love VR or Hate them Love new GnR or hate them. But is it just me or is anyone else tired of idiots saying "Scott has big Boots to Fill to be Axl"?

I keep seeing a few jackasses post responces about how he has Big Boots to fill and what not. Scott is in VR. Axl is in GnR. Scott is not trying out for GnR so for everyone who goes to a VR show or listens to the music and says "Axl is missing" or "Scott has alot to go to replace axl" They are two different bands. Scott isnt trying to Be Axl. He always dressed like he does now on stage for the last few years.  If you are missing AXL so much Watch a GnR DVD or wait for them to come to town. Dont sit on you butt and think you have a good musical opinion and type.

AXL IS MISSING. Its VR. Axl was never in VR SO HE ISNT MISSING

Ron Jeremy - BEND OVER.
Pages: [1] 2  All Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: